Guilty Pleasures (Read 304 times)

Started by Cyborg Sun, February 08, 2018, 04:09:42 am
Share this topic:
Guilty Pleasures
#1  February 08, 2018, 04:09:42 am
  • Fan of the engine since 2011
  • Everyone! Friendship is STUPID magic!
    • USA
Well, you read the title, didn't you? This topic is all about discussing those strange Mugen creations that you know are so bad, but for whatever strange reason you just can't help but love them. I'm not just talking about characters, they can be anything! (stages, screenpacks, fullgames, etc)

I suppose I'll start: One of my big guilty pleasures is DDR's "Saturday Morning Mayhem" fullgame. A lot of us know that the gameplay is littered with bugs and infinites, but everything about the game, from the presentation to the midi soundtrack, just reeks of that early 2000s vibe that I'm so attracted to. That, and the characters themselves are pretty nostalgic...

So, what are your Mugen guilty pleasures?
Open up your eyes
And behold the faded light
It's time to grow up and get wise
Come now, little one, open up your eyes
Open up your eyes!
Re: Guilty Pleasures
#2  February 08, 2018, 04:39:50 am
  • Because, Fire mode.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Old Mugen compilations.

Generally older ones because they have such strange character choices, and once I put a few better ones in, they can be a lot of fun.

Super Marvel vs. Capcom.

Since it's in fullscreen, it's a fairly surreal experience. It's music isn't the worst, and being able to go through attacks with Ryu's Shaknetsu Hadouken makes it feel different from any other. Until you run into Haggar...

Loads of characters, it's fun to go off the beaten path and use some really goofy, ridiculous characters every now and then.