YesNoOk

Heavy D! HUUGGE Update 8/7/17 (Read 57582 times)

Started by Prime SC, January 30, 2017, 09:47:11 pm
Share this topic:
Heavy D! HUUGGE Update 8/7/17
#1  January 30, 2017, 09:47:11 pm
  • Niigasan

Fixes its alot:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Updated: 8/7/17
http://www.mediafire.com/file/85e188umx972u8j/Heavy+D%21.zip
Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 05:46:03 am by PrimeHairline
Re: Heavy D!
#2  January 30, 2017, 09:56:22 pm
  • Amateur Writer
  • Basically, I do palettes.
    • USA
Nice glad to see this released.

Palette issue? I'm really good with that stuff. Whats the problem?
#3  January 30, 2017, 10:00:42 pm
  • Niigasan
i just couldnt get them to work at all so i had to use xasors method. noooo tutorial or questions i looked up about it solved my problem. i even tried the xpalette thing but it bugged the hell out of him
#4  January 30, 2017, 10:05:38 pm
  • Amateur Writer
    • USA
Did you try doing putting this in the DEF

[Palette Keymap]
a = 1
b = 2
c = 3
x = 4
y = 5
z = 6
a2 = 7
b2 = 8
c2 = 9
x2 = 10
y2 = 11
z2 = 12

and this in a CNS

[Statedef 5900]
type = s

[State 5900, Palette]
type = remappal
trigger1 = 1
source = 1, 1
dest = 1, palno

and updating it to 1.0?
#5  January 30, 2017, 10:09:45 pm
  • Niigasan
yes it did lol thanks guys
Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:16:57 pm by hairline733
#6  January 30, 2017, 10:10:59 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com

and this in a CNS

[Statedef 5900]
type = s

[State 5900, Palette]
type = remappal
trigger1 = 1
source = 1, 1
dest = 1, palno

actually he just needs to find State 5900 and past remappal,he doesn't need to copy entire Statedef 5900,but whatever
#7  January 30, 2017, 10:11:01 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com

actually he just needs to find State 5900 and past remappal code ,he doesn't need to copy entire Statedef 5900,but whatever
#8  January 30, 2017, 10:19:04 pm
  • Niigasan
updated
#9  January 30, 2017, 10:26:45 pm
  • Amateur Writer
    • USA
updated

Great! Sorry i got more ideas.

On his Soul Flower move since you have the new effects for it placed why don't you just make the animation like this so the original effect doesn't show. I think it will look better.

Also i made a new Default palette for him that is more CVS.

I'll let you know if i come up with anything more to make this character better.

#10  January 30, 2017, 11:11:55 pm
Chrome thinks it has a virus inside, Heavy D is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous
#11  January 30, 2017, 11:12:48 pm
  • Amateur Writer
    • USA
Chrome thinks it has a virus inside, Heavy D is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous

Same thing happens to me. Just press keep the file there is nothing wrong with it it's just Chrome being dumb.
#12  January 30, 2017, 11:14:22 pm
Yeah, I did, I can give you some feedback right away, he has debug flood on all his normals, hit control +d in-game and check what the issues are. It points to SND channels.

I am not big on hitboxes but the crouching ones seem iffy

Good stuff though, he is nice as hell.

One more thing, on  the punching hyper, the DB DF one, you can add some whoosh sounds when he swings in the air :)

Also walking hit boxes may need some tweaking as well.
Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:37:12 pm by PeXXeR

lui

#13  January 30, 2017, 11:28:38 pm
    • USA
RSD (ex'd)  + c.mp is an corner infinite when juggling
#14  January 31, 2017, 12:12:36 am
    • USA
This may, or may not benefit you.. Depending on your fighting game prowess, you'll gradually learn more as you actually play your characters. Playing against various types of A.I can also help you find/teach a lot of stuff, be it strengths or weakness and just consistently build from that. Most importantly yo.. If you are able to have fun with it that's all that matters. There is no standard or guideline to fun. Trust me though when you really get into it.. You will hate your own stuff(not literally maybe), but it will drive you to making things better. I suggest playing against a character of each archetype & seeing how your character can deal with them. Anyone can tell you the clsn is wrong, but if you don't know why it is, it wont even matter.

Some special notes
-FX color in general looks kinda weird, also looks as though the dust is orange as well
-Super shadows aka afterimages are kof standard, dunno if intentional
-His roll is looking kinda short
-Custom lvl3 looks misaligned, but I don't know? Sparks are really small for such an impact-full move as well as the sounds.
"IMO" That Lvl3 looks kinda weak for being a catastrophe.  The ending would look better if he uppercuts them something like this and then does the ender, just an example https://sendvid.com/sfhk17fs doesn't have to be so high & slow, but just so it looks like an actual combination if you get what I want, or alternatively make that transition look smoother.
#15  January 31, 2017, 12:34:48 am
  • Niigasan
I dont really like the gigatic hitsparks on moves thats why i didnt use them. I didnt make the fx either plus i like em anyway. Yes intentional on the afterimages. Ill take a look at the roll. I didnt wanna make it to over the top with a bunch of envyshake and hits. I made it based off what i thought it aould look like if he went all out on someone. That level 3 u showed me looks kinda weak compared to what i have but ill look into it lol. Also ive played my arcade mode with him 3 times already so i think hes pretty well off against anyone. Ive fought all the boxers in this style and murked my final boss lol. Im gonna look more into it though. and its not misaligned he just moves up slightly

Thanks everyone for the feedback im currently updating him.
#16  January 31, 2017, 01:22:18 am
    • USA
Not the move itself, the ending. Thats just an example of a move that is/could be similar in comparison, but I alternatively said to make the ending smoother. Good keep at it!
#17  January 31, 2017, 03:08:28 am
  • I must continue my training...
One of my favorite kof characters finally in this style. I'm stoked.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#18  January 31, 2017, 03:09:46 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
So out of curiosity, once you have made all necessary updates. Who will be your next fighter, just another one of your fan's.
#19  January 31, 2017, 05:13:34 am
  • Niigasan
-fixed clsn boxes
-fixed corner infinite along with other ones that i found
-made some specials a little faster and gave some specials slightly higher priority
One of my favorite kof characters finally in this style. I'm stoked.

thanks man i hope you enjoy him!
Not the move itself, the ending. Thats just an example of a move that is/could be similar in comparison, but I alternatively said to make the ending smoother. Good keep at it!

thanks man appreciate it. ive got some idea but i love what i came up with lo
So out of curiosity, once you have made all necessary updates. Who will be your next fighter, just another one of your fan's.
im leaning more towards genjuro but im not sure him or nameless at the moment and thanks appreciate the support!
#20  January 31, 2017, 07:43:47 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Thats awesome to hear, would be cool to see either of the two. Take on their rival, also is that cvs default pal by spazemaster, included in his new update.