YesNoOk

Hieda no Akyuu by Nep Heart (Read 10569 times)

Started by Nep Heart, November 06, 2018, 12:29:38 am
Share this topic:
Hieda no Akyuu by Nep Heart
#1  November 06, 2018, 12:29:38 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wpyhc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ILr3_sbeRc

The Chronicler of Gensokyo arrives as my second MUGEN creation, Hieda no Akyuu makes her arrival under the same custom gameplay base as Sayaka before her did and use sprites and sounds from neneco's version. She actually took only the fraction of the time it took to create Sayaka in spite of her more complex gimmick she works under, but I suppose all that experience from my prior creation that I can use as a template helped in that regard. Hope you enjoy her as much as I do.

Get her here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvDqTmHZ37Dihldh03_t_dLhmO7h

Speaking of Sayaka Miki, she has been updated at the same time with major updates in order to fix some more issues that were discovered as well as to keep her in line with Akyuu.

Sayaka's update can be found in her own thread: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/sayaka-miki-nep-heart-185048.0.html

Sayaka's Updates:
- Tweaked damage scaling all-around.
- Added two new moves: Melodia and Oratorio.
- Just like Akyuu, she can now cancel her guard cancel counter into a grounded super.
- Fixed a few custom state bugs.
- Fixed super jump timing that accidentally causes mid-air jumping instead.
- All versions of Scherzo can be canceled into a grounded super once the projectiles are out on-screen.
- Made it so that grounded and aerial teching can be done with more options to their button combinations.
- Just like Akyuu, counter hits with grounded and aerial heavy normals will now cause enhanced hitstun instead of a knockdown.
Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 10:38:00 am by Nep Heart
Re: Hieda no Akyuu by Nep Heart
#2  November 06, 2018, 02:25:19 am
  • Doesn't know how to do things but does them anyway
    • USA
Glad to see that she's finally released! Though while playing as her, I already found a bug. Perfect Memento is always able to be activated regardless if she's at Max Level or not.
I dunno what to put here for a signature.
#3  November 06, 2018, 02:33:17 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
Glad to see that she's finally released! Though while playing as her, I already found a bug. Perfect Memento is always able to be activated regardless if she's at Max Level or not.

Whoops, that may have been an oversight from turning features off while doing tests and I forgot to turn them back on.

Just fixed and reuploaded so that Perfect Memento follows its conditions and keep the Record Points from resetting from F4.
#4  November 06, 2018, 02:45:57 am
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
Good character, but here are some issues I found:

-Some opponents can escape "Suzunaan Rental" while in the middle of it hitting

-"Gumonji" doesn't work with Rice's Youmu (and possibly other characters) for some reason

-Record Points don't show up, thus you can't see you progress

-In fact, I think the whole "Record Points" thing needs a rework
My hat is a pancake.
#5  November 06, 2018, 02:57:01 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA

1. Some opponents can escape "Suzunaan Rental" while in the middle of it hitting

2. "Gumonji" doesn't work with Rice's Youmu (and possibly other characters) for some reason

3. Record Points don't show up, thus you can't see you progress

4. In fact, I think the whole "Record Points" thing needs a rework

1.  I'll see how I can fix the hit velocities to balance out so that it can OTG properly while not making opponents fall out if they were just caught in mid-air.

2. That may actually be RicePigeon's characters in general, they have a very low liedown time and thus have more invulnerability from most knockdown attacks since MUGEN will always give characters 10 I-frames right before getting up. However, this is why I compensated with some moves like her air throw, j.2z and the non-ground bounce follow-up of x and z versions for "Request of the Year" forcing hard knockdowns so that you can use "Gumonji" and "Suzunaan Rental" as OTGs. That's part is more of MUGEN sometimes being dumb like that and why I had to make those mentioned moves cause unusually long liedown times.

3. It was similar with Frank West in UMvC3 actually, whom I based the Record Points system on. I may consider implementing a meter in the future however.

4. Asides from the aforementioned lack of a separate meter, what else would be the issues?
Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 03:58:37 am by Nep Heart
#6  November 06, 2018, 03:03:20 am
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA

1. Some opponents can escape "Suzunaan Rental" while in the middle of it hitting

2. "Gumonji" doesn't work with Rice's Youmu (and possibly other characters) for some reason

3. Record Points don't show up, thus you can't see you progress

4. In fact, I think the whole "Record Points" thing needs a rework

4. Asides from the aforementioned lack of a separate meter, what else would be the issues?

I feel having to do that move intently after a combo or else you'll have to do it again is a bit annoying and limiting. 
My hat is a pancake.
#7  November 06, 2018, 10:05:09 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Updated Akyuu with some improvements.

- "Suzunaan Rental" hits much more consistently so that the opponent no longer falls out of it early.
- Aerial neutral heavy z's velocities on hit are also made more consistent, decreasing chances of accidentally flying up too high as well as make it easier to apply in combos.
- Gumonji can now be canceled out of any normal attack that isn't down aerial heavy z, launcher or throws, making it easier to use in combos.

Also, made a minor update to Sayaka.

- "Oratorio" hits more consistently to prevent the opponent from falling out of it early. Also, fixed the issue where one extra hit almost always missed.
- All light normals can be rapid canceled into themselves even on whiff much like Akyuu.
Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:07:26 am by Nep Heart
#8  November 15, 2018, 11:20:12 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
Huge goof-up on my part, I'm surprised I ignored this the whole time. Forgot to add Akyuu's hurtbox during her dizzy animation. It's now rectified, you can update her at the download link in the opening post.

Edit: I was half asleep at the time, didn't put the hurtbox in every frame, but now I fixed that too.
Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:51:15 pm by Nep Heart
#9  December 23, 2018, 01:24:01 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
So I've been putting this off for a while, now that I finally had to time to take a look, I noticed a few issues with the first 15 minutes of testing;

- Landing sound plays multiple times with a 1f pause inbetween, both from neutral jump & back dash. Seems to happen randomly.
- F+Z has lower body invinciblity on certain frames. Intentional?
- Normals seem to have more cornerpush than their actual hitvels. ie: 5z->5z.
- (IKEMEN exclusive): damage from 3rd hit of Miare Missile ignored.
- Gumonji can be whiff cancelled from her Normals. Intentional?
- Corner infinite: 2x -> 2y -> repeat
- Suggestion: Add a visual indicator for Record points, so you have an idea of how far you are from a level up.
- Request of the Year Y version does nearly half of its damage as chip damage (80 vs 44).
- Seems odd that Miare Setsugetsuka does more than both Miare Cannon and Made Into History despite requiring lv 1 where the latter required lv 2 and lv 3. Also latter is a command grab, the damage feels underwhelming, especially when the aforementioned Miare Setsugetsuka still does more.
- Youma Bon Z ver should disappear is Akyuu is hit, imo.
- Youma Bon Y ver can be used repeatedly in the corner to keep an opponent in freeze/hitstun indefinitely.
- Suzunaan Rental, if used as an OTG, whiffs after the first hit until the opponent can recover.
- Fall.defence_up is set to 50, which can mess up certain OTG combos with other characters.
- Holding Up after an aerial Gumonji causes Akyuu to perform a slow fall until Up is let go, which isn't mentioned anywhere in the readme, nor is she able to do this in any other instance. Intentional or bug?
#10  December 23, 2018, 11:45:56 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
1. Just checked. I think I forgot to turn persistent off for that.

2. That is intentional, yes.

3. I may be misremembering, but I think the original intention was to prevent overly long standing juggles at the corner. May have made it too high, so, I'll need to lower it.

4. I don't use IKEMEN, so, I wouldn't even know why that happens there. I mostly use 1.0 and 1.1 to test my stuff. In that case, what would you theorize (just for the record, all versions of Miare Missile are helper based)?

5. No, I may have messed up a trigger on that. It should only be canceled from normals if they make contact with the opponent.

6. I'm going to need to reduce the hittime on that by a few frames.

7. That's something I'm likely considering installing for a future update

8. I'll have to cut the guard damage in half most likely if it's still too high even at lower levels.

9. I mostly did it on the logic that Miare Setsugetsuka does damage to Akyuu if she whiffs and crashes into a wall. That, and Made into History is an unblockable that hits both grounded and aerial opponents. May have to buff Miare Cannon however if it's not as safe on block as it seems.

10. I might just consider making it so that it vanishes when Akyuu is hit on lower levels (maybe like anything before record level 2) so as to give further incentive to level up then.

11. I swear I had the hitstun lowered in an update after finding the infinite myself. I guess it's probably still an infinite, but stricter to do if that is that case. Going to have to lower the hittime on that too.

12. Okay, that's me forgetting to put fall.recover = 0. Not sure why I overlooked that, but that's at least an easy fix.

13. I just left it alone because I saw no purpose in messing with it (not even sure why MUGEN invented this though). Speaking of which, asides from custom stating, would you have other suggestions of bypassing fall.defence_up during combos since I've always struggled to find a way around it when testing combos.

14. That is most likely a bug, it's likely a wrong state change in this case.

#11  December 24, 2018, 12:44:50 am
    • Aruba
1. Just checked. I think I forgot to turn persistent off for that.

2. That is intentional, yes.

3. I may be misremembering, but I think the original intention was to prevent overly long standing juggles at the corner. May have made it too high, so, I'll need to lower it.

4. I don't use IKEMEN, so, I wouldn't even know why that happens there. I mostly use 1.0 and 1.1 to test my stuff. In that case, what would you theorize (just for the record, all versions of Miare Missile are helper based)?

5. No, I may have messed up a trigger on that. It should only be canceled from normals if they make contact with the opponent.

6. I'm going to need to reduce the hittime on that by a few frames.

7. That's something I'm likely considering installing for a future update

8. I'll have to cut the guard damage in half most likely if it's still too high even at lower levels.

9. I mostly did it on the logic that Miare Setsugetsuka does damage to Akyuu if she whiffs and crashes into a wall. That, and Made into History is an unblockable that hits both grounded and aerial opponents. May have to buff Miare Cannon however if it's not as safe on block as it seems.

10. I might just consider making it so that it vanishes when Akyuu is hit on lower levels (maybe like anything before record level 2) so as to give further incentive to level up then.

11. I swear I had the hitstun lowered in an update after finding the infinite myself. I guess it's probably still an infinite, but stricter to do if that is that case. Going to have to lower the hittime on that too.

12. Okay, that's me forgetting to put fall.recover = 0. Not sure why I overlooked that, but that's at least an easy fix.

13. I just left it alone because I saw no purpose in messing with it (not even sure why MUGEN invented this though). Speaking of which, asides from custom stating, would you have other suggestions of bypassing fall.defence_up during combos since I've always struggled to find a way around it when testing combos.

14. That is most likely a bug, it's likely a wrong state change in this case.

Looks like you got things to do XD
#12  December 24, 2018, 12:50:44 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Please don't post things like that, they do not add to the topic in any meaningful way.
#13  December 24, 2018, 04:12:21 am
    • Aruba
#14  December 24, 2018, 06:07:34 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
You quoted a huge post directly above yours and said "looks like you have stuff to do". Hell it was the author that posted it so you can't even say it's giving feedback, and it was Ricepigeon's feedback, not something you posted; you hadn't posted in this thread beforehand.

That's not giving feedback. It's not bringing anything relevant to the thread. Why are you trying to act like that was your post?
#15  December 24, 2018, 12:14:14 pm
    • Aruba
You quoted a huge post directly above yours and said "looks like you have stuff to do". Hell it was the author that posted it so you can't even say it's giving feedback, and it was Ricepigeon's feedback, not something you posted; you hadn't posted in this thread beforehand.

That's not giving feedback. It's not bringing anything relevant to the thread. Why are you trying to act like that was your post?

FYI when I see Ricepigeon's feedback I knew for the fact that this character needs a lot of fixing I know it because I TESTED it and tbh this is a pretty good character However we human beings tends to make mistakes. I could've make a feedback like that ngl but because I'm too scared that stuff like THIS is gonna happen I SHOULD'VE keep my mouth shut. Listen I don't know who you are bruh maybe you are an admin or whatever but if are gonna comment someone just because of I post in a "meaningful way" then you are DEAD wrong. Hell you didn't let me chance of giving of my OWN feedback, I was waiting for Nep Heart for saying something back to me but since you're here and make a comment like THAT, I can say it's either confusing and disrespectful. Confusing because it wasn't a mean comment it was FACTS and ended with a XD. Disrespectful because I wasn't talking to you I was talking to Nep Heart and suddenly you decided to bump in write some nonsense comment. I'm sorry my dude but if that's the case maybe I SHOULD keep quiet about it :( .
#16  December 24, 2018, 12:41:59 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Ok buddy, this thing right here?
That's just being an ass, not posting feedback. If you were going to post feedback, you should have opened up with that instead of the dumb comment you did.

Oh and that blue star under Orochi Gill's avatar? It means he's a moderator.
#17  December 24, 2018, 01:11:23 pm
    • Aruba
Ok buddy, this thing right here?
That's just being an ass, not posting feedback. If you were going to post feedback, you should have opened up with that instead of the dumb comment you did.

Oh and that blue star under Orochi Gill's avatar? It means he's a moderator.

Ok the part Orochi Gill is a moderator I didn't know I'm sorry. I'm still new to this btw. And like you said I should've open up more that's my mistake but I'm just saying I tested the character and feel like giving a proper feedback like Ricepigeon did but don't know where to start, so I decided to comment like that. I mean if You guys think it was an asshole comment than it wasn't on purpose.
#18  December 24, 2018, 01:33:04 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
As a rule of thumb, having a quoted post be far larger than your own post is more clutter than constructive.  You could've just posted the comment without the massive quote and be done with it, and we'll still know you're replying to Nep's post since yours directly follows it.
#19  December 24, 2018, 01:48:46 pm
    • Aruba
As a rule of thumb, having a quoted post be far larger than your own post is more clutter than constructive.  You could've just posted the comment without the massive quote and be done with it, and we'll still know you're replying to Nep's post since yours directly follows it.

That's good to know thanks for the tip bro :)
#20  February 11, 2019, 02:34:17 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Decided to make early updates for all characters this time instead of waiting until I release my next character, so, have fun with that, everyone.

Here's Hieda no Akyuu's updates...

- Fixed 2y issue where it would pass through opponents at point blank.
- Increased air dash travel distance slightly.

The updates for everyone including Hidea no Akyuu...

- Fixed wall bounce animations, hurtboxes and a bug that was found in them.
- Fixed ground bounce animations and hurtboxes.
- Fixed custom tripping animations and hurtboxes.
- Revised projectile reflectors for characters who have one.
- Added Gold Burst and Bursting now uses up all juggle points on hit.
- Revised ground teching to be similar to Melty Blood's.
- Revised lv3/lv5 super aesthetics.
- Tweaked all damage scaling.