YesNoOk

Idaho WIPs (Current: Joker, Hayabusa, Classic Moon) Spriters Wanted! (Read 85527 times)

Started by ThatIdahoGuy, July 21, 2012, 10:52:06 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Idaho WIPs (Current: Hayabusa, Samus) Doing some updates.
#481  November 21, 2013, 06:58:08 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
    • http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/napoleonjonamite
Scrapping Samus. After actually messing around with the updated version, there's still not enough for me to work with.
"Hey, your beard's so dumb, it sits on the TV and watches the couch. Haha! That's a good one, Jack!" -Si Robertson
#482  December 20, 2013, 08:37:28 pm
  • Hey!
    • USA
Well, it's been a while. So, uh, here's what's up, I guess.

Link: I have the new CS sff file, but I still have some issues with odd colors on certain sprites/fx (Noted some with Mini/Chibi Moon as well, so I may have to re-import some sprites so they have their proper coloring), as well as a missing sprite. I'm still looking for someone to animate a new taunt for him, either the one from the N64 release of SSB, or the taunt he had in Melee.

Hayabusa: Still haven't started on a lot of the recoding, so it may be a while for him.

New project: Samus sadly had to be scrapped because of sprite limitations (I'm sure another update is on the way, but I can't work with her right now). Joker's an option, and now that I have a majority of the voice rips out of Injustice, I may try to work on him soon.

So, basically I have two new WIPs, an update that needs a few more tweaks before it can be released, and an opening for a spriter to create a new taunt animation for the same update. If you're interested in the opening, let me know here or in PMs. If you need videos for reference, I'll look them up and send them to you as well.
"Hey, your beard's so dumb, it sits on the TV and watches the couch. Haha! That's a good one, Jack!" -Si Robertson
#483  December 20, 2013, 08:47:25 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Good to read that.
Chilling
Re: Idaho WIPs (Current: Hayabusa, Joker) Doing some updates.
#484  December 29, 2013, 05:04:09 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
A little bit of news. I have started the recoding process of Hayabusa, so he should have a beta ready within the next couple of months. Joker's going to be a bit, but he may have a beta at about the same time.

Link's update is going to go out soon, but I'm reconsidering it for a while. Reason, I saw a guy working on a series of detail edits to the current sprite set to make him look more like his Ocarina of Time incarnation, along with the shield out in front. I almost want to wait until the new sprites have been finished, then have those receive color separation (Sorry ATP). It could be a while on those, but I do believe that the edited sprites will make Link look more like Link.
#485  February 10, 2014, 03:22:40 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
While I started working on the updates to Sailor Pluto before she goes up on the new site, I started thinking about possibly adding on to the 1.0 patches for any of my releases. What do I want to add? Palette selection. Seeing as how I do have characters with more color separation than before, I think they could benefit from having a palette selector like Infinite has on his more recent releases. So, this means that there are two things I need before I add the palette selector to the 1.0 patches. First, I'm going to need some more palettes for at least Sailor Mars (I can't remember who I actually have color separation for in the current releases). Second, if someone could link me to tutorials for sffv2 and palette select, that'll help out greatly.
#486  February 25, 2014, 06:59:18 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
Alright, so I really haven't touched any of the other projects, and while I want to say you can't blame me, yeah you actually can.

Anyway, I'm putting some finishing touches on a re-release of Sailor Pluto, but there's one thing that's nagging at me. What's nagging at me? Her winquote screen for Winmugen users (Yes, those still exist). I'm trying to put it together, and one thing I don't have as far as I know is a complete version of her portrait for that particular element. I remember Kirishima was working on that a while back, but I can't remember if Pluto was completed or not.
#487  March 03, 2014, 05:50:04 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
Okay, so I ran a check and Pluto was alright. Where I'm in trouble now is with the current WIPs. With Hayabusa and Joker, I'm in need of new MvC-esque portraits, and I'm already having trouble with the template I'm using. For some reason, the background color is fusing with the image of the character that's being used. Not a fan of seeing that while working on these projects. I had the benefits of Link already having one and the ones for the other Sailors turning out alright. With Hayabusa, nope, it's either sacrifice image quality or destroy the transparent background. Joker's has been mostly trying to find the proper image (The sprites are based around the original Batman TAS design). Any help with these would be appreciated.
#488  March 05, 2014, 07:37:54 pm
  • Hey!
    • USA
So I was thinking about how I could make Joker seem more like my own, and I thought about adding elements from his appearance in Injustice. Especially his super move and winpose. Problem is that the one who originally sprited Joker is kinda, yeah, let's not talk about it. Anyone willing to sprite these animations? I can't pay, but I would still give credit.

Injustice video featuring the animations in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD0rABbaLUY
#489  March 05, 2014, 07:40:06 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
ThatIdahoGuy: May I ask you what gameplay style you'll put in your Joker and Hayabusa? :)
#490  March 05, 2014, 07:58:16 pm
  • Hey!
    • USA
Same gameplay format as my previous works, a pseudo-MVC style. It started out that way because that was how the Sailors I inherited were styled, and it seems to have worked out alright for Link. So hopefully it'll work alright for Hayabusa and Joker.
Idaho WIPs (Current: Hayabusa, Joker) Going on Hiatus
#491  March 17, 2014, 07:58:48 pm
  • Hey!
    • USA
Well, as much as I hate to say this, I feel it needs to be done. While I do have an interest in working on Hayabusa, Joker, and any other potential releases, I sadly don't have the time to work on them all. I still want the help that I can get with them, but it will be a long time before I get the chance to work on them again.

As of today, I am going to be taking a sabbatical, hiatus, temporary retirement, whatever you want to call it. If I receive color separation patches or new palettes for my currently released characters (Link's is waiting for the new sprites to be finished, and I'm waiting on some tweaks/updates to Uranus' separation), I'll add them and release them as updates, but as far as new releases go, it'll be a while (Maybe winter at the latest) before you'll see anything from me.

I greatly appreciate all of your assistance and appreciation for my work.
Idaho WIPs, there are none.
#492  March 20, 2014, 08:08:28 am
  • Hey!
    • USA
After thinking long and hard, I have come to a decision, and it's not one I like.

With at least one new version of something I have already released being on the way, and a very high probability of being replaced, I see no reason to continue what I have been doing. Four years ago I started out working on updates to a Sailor Mars that was being produced by an author who had a rep for making terrible Sailor Moon characters. There were moments of rage and hatred toward the community throughout the process, and much of it lead to a history I have never liked, yet it continues to haunt me after I thought I buried it upon my revival. After a while, I had seen some improvement on my weak coding knowledge, and a warm welcome back to the community. I would later release most popular character in Link, a true challenger for two COTM awards. Sadly, my works have been given a very harsh expose by members of the community, and it is that they are bland, uncreative, and easily replaced. And if my mere 11 characters are all replaceable, then why work on at least one more? I know that there is someone hard at work touching up the sprites to my Link, and I want him to know that he shouldn't feel that he has to stop just because of me.

I thank all of you for your support and appreciation for the things I have released to the community. It brings a little bit of joy to my heart knowing that you were genuinely interested in helping with these projects, and it gave me a drive to try and deliver quality content. I will miss your kind offers in terms of coding help, palette or portrait provision, sprite related help, and suggestions for moves or other aspects.
Re: Idaho WIPs, there are none. Details on most recent post.
#493  March 20, 2014, 08:15:49 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Sadly, my works have been given a very harsh expose by members of the community, and it is that they are bland, uncreative, and easily replaced.

Who's been saying that?

I'd hate to see you quit. Your Sailors have been pretty damn fun, and your Link is arguably the best one for Mugen and shows even more potential with those nice sprite touch-ups in the works.
#494  March 20, 2014, 04:40:20 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
sorry to hear that personnaly i think that your link is the best one well wish you luck to you and i hope you be back one days
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#495  March 20, 2014, 04:49:37 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Sadly, my works have been given a very harsh expose by members of the community, and it is that they are bland, uncreative, and easily replaced.
Don't tell me this is about that AxKeeper release thread over at MFFA. Look at some of the more recent posts. They completely ripped apart his poorly-constructed points down to the very scaffolding. Take an extra read over and think if quitting really is the best decision for you to make. After all, if your characters are in need of improvement, why not learn how to improve them? You're only giving him what he wants in this decision to quit.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#496  March 20, 2014, 06:26:09 pm
I hate to see what destructive comments can do to an otherwise creative and driven contributor of the community, it always make me mad to see this kind of things get to affect talented guys like you man, I respect your decision however i want to point out how some other authors make the most out of such situatations and comeback more prepared and with more hunger than before just like Werewood or LM_FO, best of luck and if it counts for anything i like your work and i vote joker
#497  March 20, 2014, 06:31:56 pm
  • Hey!
    • USA
I had Joker as one of two WIPs, but sadly it'll never see the light of day. I had ideas, but there's no point in implementing them. Adding Joker's super move from Injustice to my version? Obviously not creative enough, and will add to the blandness of the version I would release.
#498  March 20, 2014, 09:08:38 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Though I can understand your reasoning...and I wish you the best of luck with whatever comes ahead for you. My advice would be much of the same....don't quit just because of some comments, persevere press on, improve, if there's one thing I've learned myself since returning to school after a 5 year hiatus, is not to let your insecurities and other peoples' feedback hold you down.

Do it for yourself, and you can only learn and improve more with time, you'll always be faced with critism both constructive and abusive, and you can only do what you can to take from the constructive elements and improve your work. Anyhow I do wish you the best of luck again, though I wish you didn't let these things prevent you from pressing on.
#499  March 20, 2014, 09:12:32 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Oh my fuckin god,can we unbann ax and then ban him again or something because his assholery got to NJ

NJ,Im just gonna tell you that what you're doing is kinda dumb.
I aint gonna stop you,since its your decision,but quitting because some low life who spends most of his time making topics about how he hates people because they have a different religion than him said that a 2 framed animation is gonna replace something you made IS DUMB
#500  March 20, 2014, 09:29:52 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
If you're going to let a scumbag like AxSeeker take over your mind over some really stupid stuff, then by all means go ahead and quit. Let him win.

This is not even the first time, you really have to get over this crap and move on.

Really? You're going to let someone that barely does any effort shit on your work like that?