Dammit! I WAS JUST ABOUT TO MAKE THIS -_-

....downloading  --;
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

SUPER SECRET STAGE - 0% ;)
Re: Jackie Chan by mass
#3  July 05, 2011, 05:56:05 pm
  • Trying now to act normal
    • https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!105&cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Finally a Jackie Chan in MUGEN!  I met him in a medium range and he is about my height  ;D
* Pleasing other people is nice, but when creating for Mugen, you're supposed to please yourself first. -- Cybaster
#4  July 05, 2011, 10:51:27 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
are you fucking

oh my god mass you're my hero

downloading immediately
#5  July 05, 2011, 11:01:35 pm
  • Unmatched beauty
    • Poland
    • www.youtube.com/user/Shunt666
Hyper Jackie Chan next plz.

#6  July 06, 2011, 02:08:51 am
  • Muda da
    • matgonorstuff.webs.com
Actually it existed a jackie chan before in mortal kombat style made by a guy called matross but this one looks pretty good too!
#7  July 06, 2011, 03:08:01 am
Rename this thread as "Drunken Fist Jackie Chan". There's not one, but THREE JACKIE CHANs in Kaneko's Jackie Chan fighting games.  This one is the second boss that uses Zui Quan (lit. "Drunken Fist"), based on his appearances in his films, Drunken Master 1 and 2.

After testing him out, it looks like it's based specifically on the first version "The Kung-Fu Master Jackie Chan", instead of the superior version "Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire: Jackie Chan Densetsu".  I guess Mass will create a patch for his "Fists of Fire" version, like he did to one of his Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty characters.

The good points about Mass' version is that many parts of DF Jackie Chan are accurate to his source version, including movements.  The bad points about this version are that some voice samples sound like they were ripped from something else (probably because it's too difficult for Mass to rip sound files from Kaneko's Jackie Chan fighting games), while I'm not sure if his desperation moves are from his source or fan-made.  Other bad points include lack of other winning taunts and I guess death moves, and a tiny skipping error in the BGM heard during his victory picture showing.

Overall, it needs a few more tweaks, but Mass converted him better than how others did, though others' Jackie Chans are okay.

Here is how he fights in Kaneko's first version, The Kung-Fu Master Jackie Chan.

Actually it existed a jackie chan before in mortal kombat style made by a guy called matross but this one looks pretty good too!

That version you are talking about is the final boss that uses Baguazhang (lit. "Eight Trigram Palm"), while his outfit is his uniform that he wore in Project A and Project A Part II.

There is another MUGEN contributor name Seifer Firehart converting and arranging another version of the Baguazhang Jackie Chan.
My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.
Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 03:19:19 am by 1983parrothead
#8  July 06, 2011, 12:25:56 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
....His slide kick where he hit them on the back of the head does a bit too much damage, if you ask me.

Otherwords.....seeing I'm no expert, I like it.  The cutaway after winning was funny, don't know if that was in the original game or not.

Unrelated, I'm very curious about that Huey Freeman...