Started by 2Dee4ever, November 26, 2015, 07:34:27 pm
Share this topic:
Karin & Sakura
#1  November 26, 2015, 07:34:27 pm
    • USA
Topic.
June(2016)

Mode Change = shinku+start

Newer Video(Basically you can see most of the new stuff)

Will update periodically don't be surprised if the link is down temporarily(Let me know if you can host).
Pals are always welcome especially those for the mode change.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Karin
https://www.mediafire.com/?8ja2s2cm24reu3q

Sakura
https://www.mediafire.com/?9x89qwsezo5ettr

Thank you Froz for everything!

What's left!(Not limited to..)
Both
-Minor Tweaks
-Mode change, changes. (Thinking? Defense -?? & Attack+??) (More exclusive move-set) (More cosmetic changes)
-Win quotes Vs. Everyone!
-Pre-Fight dialogue Actually nah, let me know if you want this & I'll direct it to you when available.
-Other Stuff
-Canon & Custom Special intros*Single
-More compatibility(Custom intro/outro)*Team
-Multiple assaults(Normal/Dark)(Maybe just maybe Normal/Dark crossover debating) I've already started on these, but just to give you an idea it'll be something like this.. *Essentially doing everything around the current system I am working with, may not be available for normal mugen ie. Tag Only.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Sakura
-Haru Ranman
-Revamped Dark Sakura(New/Revamped supers, 2 Custom, 1 Rival Schools, 1 EX3)
-SFV stuff(when available, if possible)

Karin
-Dark Karin Revamp(1 new special, revamped supers* All custom!)
-More SFV inspired stuff/tweaks hopefully can get that critical art in.
Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:42:04 am by Rei
Re: Karin & Sakura
#2  November 26, 2015, 08:19:52 pm
    • Brazil
Since you're trying to make her look like SFV, maybe you should also remove the panty and add her SFV voice.
#3  November 26, 2015, 08:22:18 pm
  • I miss you so bad mon amour
    • Mexico
    • kai_de_aries@hotmail.com
Thanks for share shinrei!!
is good see you here
All the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."
#4  November 26, 2015, 10:38:52 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
refreshing air here!!!
soooooo-well-done :bravo:

Spoiler: hem hem (click to see content)
#5  November 26, 2015, 10:40:02 pm
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
What's up?

Since it's POTS work you may want to include his name anywhere on the post :P

- I think you should tweak the frame adv of your moves in order to make them more accurate to USF4. From the normals to everything.
- It's my impression or you are using the same hitsparks for all your normals?
- Your hitboxes ruin the concept of priority. You may want to check KOD's tutorial. Or you know, look at Sakura's boxes in USF4 or CvS :P
- Hadouken's hitbox is huuuuge.
- Sakura's Hadoken is different than other shoto characters. LP > MP > HP in terms of speed and travel, but HP > MP > in terms of hitbox and damage. EX version if also different. And you can charge it by holding, not taping.
- EX Shouoken should be like a Shouoken follow by another Shouoken.
- It's funny because Air Shunpukyaku should hit once and Ground Shunpukyaku should hit twice. It's reverted.
- EX Shunpukyaku should hit one more time.
- Strong Sakura Otoshi doesn't hit the P2 from half of the screen. I don't remember how it was in USF4 exactly but I think she can do it.
- Why not an ex versionf of Sakura Otoshi?
- The spark on the last hit of Haru Ichiban is misaligned.
- Haru Issen is listed as QCFQCB+P in the ReadMe.
- Shunpuu Chou Rasen is listed as HCB+2k in the ReadMe. Why not name it Haru Ranman and use it as a LV2 of Haru Ichiban?
- Nekketsu Hadouken looks too MvC-ish.
- Shun Goku Satsu shouldn't be in Sakura's moveset IMO. Also, it doesn't conect for some reason :P
- There's something in the debug but I don't know if it's from the ADD004.

Didn't test Dark Sakura that much BTW. Didn't test the cancels, juggles and stuff because I'm lazy.
She's way more interesting in USF4, you may want to play the game and study his gameplay a little bit. I feel like you can work a lot harder on her right now, since it's essencialy POTS Sakura with CFJ hitsparks. You're making her for a fullgame where she's with 5 other shotos at least. Make her unique. And don't abuse of POTS base, it's a good start, he's a good coder, but he's not perfect and it's a little bit outdated.

And I think that you should remove the QCF+start thing. Dude, did you see the movelist? She's already overloaded in terms of moves! You're trying to make a PVP fullgame, go for balance, not for saving slots :l (don't take this bad, it's my opinion).

Also, I know that you're editing the work of other authors. I'm not agaisnt that or anything, but try to study the characters a little bit and his sources. When I play most of the things from Waru's, POTS or DW, I feel that they studied his characters on pretty much all of the appearances before start coding.

Overall, the character is not bad. POTS base is decent, but it's outdated in some aspects. You should be more careful with hitsparks. I feel that they were the original point of your edits haha. Play more Sakura in USF4, keep in mind this: it's the most recent version of Sakura, and more unique. POTS's Sakura was released in 2008 if I'm not wrong, you have the potential to update her gameplay and not just his graphics. Study more fightning games and his characters. Even you're using Vans as base try to verify that everything it's on his place.

Not trying with Karin because I didn't play SF5 beta yet.
#6  November 26, 2015, 11:12:43 pm
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
Awesome, thank you! Love your edits, really happy to see you're still here!
#7  November 27, 2015, 12:12:19 am
  • Niigasan
Accuracy is Boring I love the job you re doing man
#8  November 27, 2015, 12:25:59 am
  • Before you even ask, yes I did it.
    • USA
    • kersonetiene@gmail.com
Pressing punch after a dodge with Karin causes her animation to stutter.
Living off of borrowed time the clock ticks faster...
#9  November 27, 2015, 12:32:58 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Happy Turkey day and thanks. Keep up the hard work, the best is yet to come.
#10  November 27, 2015, 12:43:04 am
  • Raging Fist
Very nicely done on Karin and Sakura Rei. Btw check your PMs.
#11  November 27, 2015, 01:29:24 am
  • I miss you so bad mon amour
    • Mexico
    • kai_de_aries@hotmail.com
the level 3 hadou ken damage is low (karin)
anyway i love it
All the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."
#12  November 27, 2015, 08:27:13 pm
    • USA
What's up?

Since it's POTS work you may want to include his name anywhere on the post :P

- I think you should tweak the frame adv of your moves in order to make them more accurate to USF4. From the normals to everything.
- It's my impression or you are using the same hitsparks for all your normals?
- Your hitboxes ruin the concept of priority. You may want to check KOD's tutorial. Or you know, look at Sakura's boxes in USF4 or CvS :P
- Hadouken's hitbox is huuuuge.
- Sakura's Hadoken is different than other shoto characters. LP > MP > HP in terms of speed and travel, but HP > MP > in terms of hitbox and damage. EX version if also different. And you can charge it by holding, not taping.
- EX Shouoken should be like a Shouoken follow by another Shouoken.
- It's funny because Air Shunpukyaku should hit once and Ground Shunpukyaku should hit twice. It's reverted.
- EX Shunpukyaku should hit one more time.
- Strong Sakura Otoshi doesn't hit the P2 from half of the screen. I don't remember how it was in USF4 exactly but I think she can do it.
- Why not an ex versionf of Sakura Otoshi?
- The spark on the last hit of Haru Ichiban is misaligned.
- Haru Issen is listed as QCFQCB+P in the ReadMe.
- Shunpuu Chou Rasen is listed as HCB+2k in the ReadMe. Why not name it Haru Ranman and use it as a LV2 of Haru Ichiban?
- Nekketsu Hadouken looks too MvC-ish.
- Shun Goku Satsu shouldn't be in Sakura's moveset IMO. Also, it doesn't conect for some reason :P
- There's something in the debug but I don't know if it's from the ADD004.

Didn't test Dark Sakura that much BTW. Didn't test the cancels, juggles and stuff because I'm lazy.
She's way more interesting in USF4, you may want to play the game and study his gameplay a little bit. I feel like you can work a lot harder on her right now, since it's essencialy POTS Sakura with CFJ hitsparks. You're making her for a fullgame where she's with 5 other shotos at least. Make her unique. And don't abuse of POTS base, it's a good start, he's a good coder, but he's not perfect and it's a little bit outdated.

And I think that you should remove the QCF+start thing. Dude, did you see the movelist? She's already overloaded in terms of moves! You're trying to make a PVP fullgame, go for balance, not for saving slots :l (don't take this bad, it's my opinion).

Also, I know that you're editing the work of other authors. I'm not agaisnt that or anything, but try to study the characters a little bit and his sources. When I play most of the things from Waru's, POTS or DW, I feel that they studied his characters on pretty much all of the appearances before start coding.

Overall, the character is not bad. POTS base is decent, but it's outdated in some aspects. You should be more careful with hitsparks. I feel that they were the original point of your edits haha. Play more Sakura in USF4, keep in mind this: it's the most recent version of Sakura, and more unique. POTS's Sakura was released in 2008 if I'm not wrong, you have the potential to update her gameplay and not just his graphics. Study more fightning games and his characters. Even you're using Vans as base try to verify that everything it's on his place.

Not trying with Karin because I didn't play SF5 beta yet.

Thanks for all this, I appreciate it. I'm aware of most of which you've said, however this as anything else I do is custom. I go for giving them all moves from every iteration hence the mvc moveset & shun goku. I do know the characters I work with, I however follow no set standard. So they dont need to be accurate to any one source specifically. Its a mash up, kinda what mugen used to be. There are many changes in her that youd only notice if you played her in every iteration. Don't care much for the sparks myself only use them because they are hi-res capcom & I never cared much for fx, as for the system hybrid cvs2. Truly only use this base because I dislike grooves, favoritism for cvs, & the fact that its so easy to convert them from it to my next venture. My fault for not updating the readme & I never change the author so they know who made it, I only credited myself because I was asked.  Don't care much for coding mugen characters as some achievement, do it for fun, edits are the way to go for those with time constraints, but I will fix any bugs as I had said I'll be working with them.

Also.. no lvl2 for Haru because its her ultra in sf4.. Nekketsu is from sfex which in appearance is similar to a mvc fireball.. Otoshi is usable in air EX.. mode change is homage to mvc2.. She can shun goku offically...
I may not be the best at coding, but trust me... I know my fighting games..

I'll get whats listed here, also forgot port for dark sakura.
Thanks everyone & as I said they are both lacking in pals.(normal & dark modes) Froz works hard to cs these characters so lets give him a reason to continue.

P.S the SFV Karin pal I thought the panties were shared with something? If you are a pal maker you should check it out.
#13  November 28, 2015, 02:33:28 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
Since you're trying to make her look like SFV, maybe you should also remove the panty and add her SFV voice.

The obligatory panty shot can't go away since it shares the same palette as her handkerchief
#14  December 01, 2015, 12:48:25 pm
  • I can take'em out with my fists
Got the characters every time I try to open rar file it says unexpected end of archive it unexpected end of archive file corrupt is there another link
#15  December 02, 2015, 01:07:53 am
    • USA
Updated the first post with a newer(not really new) video. Shows a lot of what they can do & small tweaks I had done.
Also updated you with the future update notes.

Got the characters every time I try to open rar file it says unexpected end of archive it unexpected end of archive file corrupt is there another link
Not sure if anyone else is having that problem? Someone else hosts for me, it's the only link unless someone adds another.
#16  December 02, 2015, 02:41:04 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Good stuff, just another one of your fans.lol
#17  February 05, 2016, 11:28:11 pm
    • USA
Will be updating soon, in the mean time..
#18  February 06, 2016, 12:17:24 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Oh this series...got a good understanding of Karin.
#19  February 06, 2016, 12:20:37 am
    • USA
They are really fun. You guys should check them out. I'm going to see if we can do some sort of collab work.
#20  June 24, 2016, 02:36:15 am
    • USA