Started by Byakko, February 19, 2013, 09:19:48 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Kazama Jin.
#21  February 20, 2013, 02:15:01 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I decided to make some palettes for Jin too, spoilered them, cause there's quite a few lol.

Palettes Referring to other appearances
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Custom Colours
Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:11:23 am by C-G-U
#22  February 20, 2013, 03:35:14 am
    • Puerto Rico
Cool was really looking forward for this jin being made my only question is will there be color seperation with the character?
#23  February 20, 2013, 04:34:44 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Looking forward to this. I made a quick random palette. It's probably the only one I'll make unless a more organized palette template is made. I'm too lazy to make a lot of palettes with the current palette setup.
#24  February 20, 2013, 04:45:01 am
  • Onakasuita!
Awsum :D
but,,without devil beam.....:(
@Cvsnb  make devil beam sprites pleaseeee.. :( :( 
so it would be exactly same as the game(sfxt)..
#25  February 20, 2013, 04:48:56 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
@C.v.s The Abstract: Please make the Devil Beam sprites, they're a good addition to his gameplay.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#26  February 20, 2013, 04:50:57 am
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
their no sprite i can trace to make those

Posted: February 20, 2013, 05:35:07 am
devil jin update
#27  February 20, 2013, 02:52:08 pm
I figured out that a bunch of sprites here and there had something messed up in it for the paletting (the darkest shade for the pants is on the wrong color slot), so I'll work on a new sheet to make paletting easier.
(BTW, I'll likely post a fix for the sprite pack in Cvsnb's topic, as I also clean up a few random stray pixels on a bunch of sprites, such as a white pixel between two spikes in his hair here and there)

The Wind Hook Fist is in, and the full 10 Hit Combo works perfectly. I'll show that once I have the other specials completely finished (Double Lift Kick, Shun Ren Dan and the bound system)

SNT did manage to get all of Jin's voices :D so I'll add those. Many thanks to him for finally getting that, and to all those who looked left and right for a complete set.
@SNT: there are other guys working on this spriteset like Sean for CvtW and DragonSlayerEX (forgot who else is on it), do share the sounds with them if you would :) BTW, Cvsnb may be working on Asuka and Paul later (I forgot if Kazuya is still on his list), so whenever he's done with that, I might come back to you again for their sounds, if that's all right with you.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 03:19:31 pm by DKDC
#28  February 21, 2013, 02:00:15 am
Okay, I finally managed to pull a proper sheet with a working palette. That was more of a pain than it should have been.

(hang on... uh. Ignore the one with the hair using the wrong color slot.)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:03:19 am by DKDC
#29  February 21, 2013, 02:18:41 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Porting my palettes tonight :)
Chilling
#30  February 21, 2013, 04:36:56 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

Why not, looks quick to do.

#31  February 21, 2013, 05:06:08 am
  • Niigasan
That last one is the sickest really nice palettes
#32  February 21, 2013, 05:36:29 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
The palettes I submitted earlier:

Chilling
#33  February 21, 2013, 06:33:45 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
#34  February 21, 2013, 06:46:39 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Redid the ones I already submitted.

All the reference palettes.

And all the customs I made (except 5 because I forgot to remake it)

#35  February 21, 2013, 08:31:44 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama

Colorful is my speciality

Name is Electric Aqua Green if I may.
Chilling
#36  February 21, 2013, 09:48:51 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
Here's my small contribution.

#37  February 21, 2013, 09:54:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Hey Byakko, nice seeing you doing something again. It looks like a very interesting project.
#38  February 21, 2013, 10:18:25 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
Byakko coding again? great fucking news :)
good luck
#39  February 22, 2013, 11:20:43 am
    • Canada
This project has caught my attention, so let me know if this rip would be of use to you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c8wkwtyd0j7q7am

Ignore the white dots, came with the gif.

I am also able to rip more from the game if you need it.
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
#40  February 22, 2013, 11:38:26 am
That looks good ! I started trying to rip these from a series of screenshots from a recording (my comp can't display the stages), but I only got halfway, couldn't get a good enough palette (it looked washed out), and I also kept getting dust and lighting effects screwing it up. You didn't have any issue with that it seems, did you manage to disable it somehow ? I don't suppose the wind and lightning effects on his attacks are doable ? Or if not these, maybe the near-invisible, very fast projectile at the beginning of the Devil Beam super ?
Other than that, any dust effect or the black circle at the start of any EX move would help.

As for progress, at the moment I'm testing the Bound system a little - just the basics, I'm not much into long technical combos, I'll leave that for the alpha/beta testing phase.
Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:43:22 am by DKDC