Blade Slash - F, D, F, Punch
Turtle Tornado - D, F, Kick
Turtle Punch - Punch, Punch

[ Super Moves ]
1 Guage
Super Blade Cutter - D, F, D, F, Punch
Super Turtle Tornado - D, F, D, F, Kick
Super Turtle Punch - D, B, D, B, Punch

Leonardo has A.I. with 2 combo sets. However It behaves funny in mugen 1.1.
When I can code A.I. better I'll fix it up for 1.1.

Leo also has damage dampeners due to his ninja like ways of being able to hit you fast. After 20 hits he will do 0.20% of normal damage, It looks like alot but it makes sense when you see it in game.

[ Special Thanks]
My Wife.
Mugen Free For All
Tremaine Bradford / Anthony Keegan / Tolga.... last name I don't know sorry bro.
Tolga for sprite rips? sound rips? and gameplay idea.
Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:36:51 am by Ryon
Re: Leonardo (TMNT)
#2  September 12, 2014, 02:12:34 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
wow. didnt see this coming! giving this a try.
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#3  September 12, 2014, 05:42:14 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Hey man, awesome release. I was wondering when you were going to make him after seeing those fixed up sprites by Omega. (I think his last name is Yavuz).

There's only one thing that bothers me about him and that's his speed. He's way too slow both n movement and attack.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#4  September 12, 2014, 09:48:14 am
This release is Excellent man. This is the second colaboration between Ryon and Me.
He did the coding, I did the sprites.

PS: Isn't my name just enough as Omega instead my real full name?
Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:51:42 am by Omega
#5  September 12, 2014, 10:31:43 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
He's quite fun, I especially like his movie palette (with the black bandages). But I have to agree the slow speed (especially his walking speed) bothers me though that's pretty much the only gripe I have.
#6  September 12, 2014, 10:58:13 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Oh hey, I was going to do something similar to this with Michaelangelo YEARS ago, but lost all my progress on it. Maybe one of these days I'll pick it up again. Oh well.

ANYWAY, feedback:

• As has been noted, walking speed is very, very slow.
  • On the other hand, the dashback and dashforward are probably way too mobile and could be toned down a bit. Another fun tidbit: Dashback in Tournament Fighter was invincible for the mid-air portion until your feet touched the ground.
  • Air LK can be punished on hit so it's totally useless.
  • I was going through your code to see why Leonardo had such weird physics when hitting people with air LP or air LK and saw this:
    [State 0, VelSet]
    type = VelSet
    trigger1 = movehit = 1
    x = 1
    y = -1
    ignorehitpause = 1
    Why is this here?
#7  September 12, 2014, 12:12:21 pm
He's quite fun, I especially like his movie palette (with the black bandages). But I have to agree the slow speed (especially his walking speed) bothers me though that's pretty much the only gripe I have.

His Movie palette is his main one for this character as I want him to look little decent than his Tournament Fighters colors and sprites. About the slow speed, I am sure that Ryon will do some changes to it.

Oh hey, I was going to do something similar to this with Michaelangelo YEARS ago, but lost all my progress on it. Maybe one of these days I'll pick it up again. Oh well.

I got the inspiration from bWWd's and Beastie's TMNT Mod projects. So they get a little credit aswell. If there is anything you like to do and need help with, let Me know there.
#8  September 12, 2014, 03:35:26 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
Nice job on the sprites Omega.
#9  September 12, 2014, 11:51:05 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
In regards to the slow walking speed.

His standing animation and walking animation are near identical. and it REALLY bugged me how he walks, he doesnt walk like a normal person so I matched the velset to his animation. Its.... just wierd so i matched it.

as for
Code:
[State 0, VelSet]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = movehit = 1
x = 1
y = -1
ignorehitpause = 1

I want the helper to go, and slow down when it hits, and if it doesnt hit or if p2 gets knocked down, to keep going.
#10  September 15, 2014, 06:38:26 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
That does not make it a good idea, especially when the source game had such excellent walk speed on all the turtles. Aesthetics and gameplay do not go hand in hand unless we're talking GG type stuff lol
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#11  September 16, 2014, 09:21:17 am
#12  September 22, 2014, 02:54:10 pm
  • Sir Alp of the Loop Table
  • Masterin' more Loops than 19-Foe'dy-Foe.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/Xer0Stryke
yeah he moves kinda like an actual turtle, not a Ninja Turtle. & he's smaller than i expected, which is a bit odd. i dig his sprites tho, & some of his moves are kinda nifty.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#13  October 02, 2014, 09:51:28 pm
His size is like that in it's source. I didn't change anything about that there.
Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:13:24 pm by Omega

DW

#14  October 11, 2014, 06:18:43 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Would you mind providing an alt DL link like you did with Shiva please? Something other than OneDrive.
#15  October 13, 2014, 01:37:33 am
  • "The Future is Now"

DW

#16  October 13, 2014, 04:42:16 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Thank you.

DW

#17  October 13, 2014, 07:22:10 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Alright, so I'm very late, but I wanted to give my feedback and address some others' feedback.  First, let me give my own:

-While this may have been said, multiple times in fact, you REALLY need to up his walk fwd/back vels. His dash fwd/back mobility doesn't compensate for his terrible walking speed whatsoever. I've took the liberty of doing this myself, but you should do this in general.

-Why no throw? I'm surprised no one said anything about this.

-I'm not fond of how j.HK makes p2 fall. I don't see the reasoning behind it. As j.HP makes p2 propel towards the ground, but only if they're in the air.

-Sometimes when performing Turtle Tornado, I can cancel out of the cooldown portion into Blade Cutter. Sort of like a SFEX3 inspired Momentary Combo thing...? IDK if it's intentional or not.

-During his dash fwd/back, I can sometimes cancel into an attack during his handstand frame. The timing is very strict, though I don't think this was intended. I imagine you intended only for him to regain control while in the air, springing from the handstand.

-There's a bit of inconsistency with his chaining capabilities imo. Take for instance I can do cr.LP > cr.LK > cr.HP; I can also cross chain in the air, however, I can't cross chain standing attacks. Example: LP > LK > HP can't be done, and feels inconsistent with the rest of your chain scheme. Also, cr.LK > cr.LP is cool, but I don't think you should allow the opposite. As he can do cr.LK > cr.LP > cr.LK > repeat for a silly chain and on wider clsn mapped chars, can perform silly combos because of this.

-Super Blade Attack whiffs up close.

-The buffering on Turtle Punch is too lenient imo. If I try to do something like LP > Blade Attack, I always get Turtle Punch instead of Blade Attack.

Now to address some other feedback:

• On the other hand, the dashback and dashforward are probably way too mobile and could be toned down a bit. Another fun tidbit: Dashback in Tournament Fighter was invincible for the mid-air portion until your feet touched the ground.
  • Air LK can be punished on hit so it's totally useless.
  • I was going through your code to see why Leonardo had such weird physics when hitting people with air LP or air LK and saw this:
    [State 0, VelSet]
    type = VelSet
    trigger1 = movehit = 1
    x = 1
    y = -1
    ignorehitpause = 1
    Why is this here?

-I think he changed this, due to mobility and the fact that Leo regains control during the latter parts of the dash. This accounts for both fwd and back. It's a pretty nice tradeoff imo.
-He can chain from j.LK though, into a Heavy attack. Which leads to your next question:
-I'd imagine this was done for air chaining. When jumping in on p2, due to those parameters, Leo can chain j.LP > j.LK > j.HP > Land > Ground Chain. If those parameters weren't there, Leo wouldn't be able to chain like that on grounded p2 before reaching the ground himself.

It's a nice custom take on him. Not too far off from TF. Sprites looks really nice and I love the choice of using his 2K3 VA for him. IDK the guy's name, but I always like his VA'ing of Leo the best. Nice job and thanks for the share.
Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:41:33 pm by DW
#18  October 14, 2014, 05:44:31 am
  • "The Future is Now"
walking speed has been altered.

i hate coding throws, almost none of my characters have em. (very few do)

it shouldnt make a standing p2 fall, only a air p2.

yes it is a "SFEX" type of canceling system combo to special into super. and its spoken in general form not strict string of moves.

yes the handstand frame i dont know HOW or why it does that but its ok with me, as it doesnt always happen.

as for Chaining, I normally chain moves together that seem like its chainable due to animations.  I honestly forgot how i coded his basic combo system.

Super blade attack whats?

I could try a 3rd punch, but i found it more challenging to do.

You gotta thank Omega for the sprites he redid the eyes and gave them a nice movie color.

in terms of update, expect to see everything mentioned in this topic.

AND a Team Super including all the other turtles.
#19  October 14, 2014, 07:23:10 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
And eventually coding it for 1.1  ;D

DW

#20  October 14, 2014, 06:28:49 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
i hate coding throws, almost none of my characters have em. (very few do)

I can understand throws can get pretty complex and tedious in some instances, but Leo's throws are pretty basic/standard. Even more so then KFM. Basic over-the-shoulder and kickflip throws. Only like 5-6 frames at best. If you want, I can code these in for you.

it shouldnt make a standing p2 fall, only a air p2.

But it does.

yes it is a "SFEX" type of canceling system combo to special into super. and its spoken in general form not strict string of moves.

No, you misunderstand. What you just described is a Super Cancel(SC), which is possible in lots of FGs. What I'm saying is that he can cancel a special into another special. The timing on it is a bit odd in a traditional since, which led me to think of EX3's Momentary Combo system which allowed special to special chains with proper timing. For example, Ryu could do an HDK into his Tatsus if timed correctly. As I said, IDK if that was your intent, but he can perform Turtle Tornado into Blade Cutter.

as for Chaining, I normally chain moves together that seem like its chainable due to animations.  I honestly forgot how i coded his basic combo system.

Kame said it best; Aesthetics and gameplay do not go hand in hand. Especially with a concept like chain combos. Consistency would be a better rule to go by.

Super blade attack whats?

Misses up close.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

You gotta thank Omega for the sprites he redid the eyes and gave them a nice movie color.

Indeed, he did a good job on the recoloring of his sprites. There is a frame that he missed though, in terms of the eyes; Sprite 500, 7. The eyes are stilled shared with his skin in that sprite.