YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 830038 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#2121  August 19, 2017, 03:07:54 am
Oh hey, that poster shows a 3D model of Ken. Clearly that means he's finished and ready to play as ??? Yet he was cut out from the finished game, I want a refund !
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2122  August 19, 2017, 04:49:04 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Its nice to hear Ken may have been considered for the initial roster;

I can understand with Akuma's presence in T7 why he isn't a shoe-in for this roster.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#2123  August 19, 2017, 04:58:37 am
#2124  August 19, 2017, 05:24:10 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
That poster doesn't mean anything, really.

Anyway, I feel like that in a gameplay sense, the disappointment that came when I dropped my pre-order isn't in that part. It feels like an older Vs. game and that is a good thing.

My biggest beef comes from the roster... on the Capcom side. Hear me out: Marvel's side does enough to gain the interest of someone like me, a casual player. It helps that EVERYONE on the Marvel side is all part of the Cinematic Universe. This makes the transition easier. Think about it... you put this kind of roster in an older game and I bet you that the most casual of fans may know 3 or 4 characters. Thanks to the MCU, everyone is well known.

Capcom? 4 new characters and the rest is from the previous game. I understand that certain characters will always be there like Ryu and Chun Li. But, did anyone really want Arthur or Spencer back? Those spots could of been used for someone new and fresh, like Asura or Tessa. I will give Capcom credit for putting Jedah in and breaking the rut that Darkstalkers were stuck in because it was just Morrigan and Felicia in the last game. He's the first male Darkstalker since Anakaris in MvC2... it gives me hope for the other male characters in that series to get in via DLC.
#2125  August 19, 2017, 05:33:50 am
While I agree that the Capcom side has characters like Arthur or Spencer that no one cares about, don't forget that they already had those characters and making Asura or Tessa would have required time to create. It's never "a spot that could have been used by someone new".
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2126  August 19, 2017, 06:13:41 am
    • Mexico
Actually, a lot of people care about Arthur. He's a classic character from one of Capcom's best franchises back in the day. He deserves his spot in the roster (evidenced by the amount of hype generated by his MvC3 reveal in NY Comic Con). I think the "problem" most people have is the fact that there are two reps from the GnG universe in a game where the likes of Amaterasu and Viewtiful Joe aren't even present. A lot of animosity is directed towards him and Firebrand for that (even though, if you ask me, Firebrand could've really sat this one out).

Spencer, while also a classic, is not as popular as Arthur or even Captain Commando. I blame his inclusion on Combofiend really digging his "function".
#2127  August 19, 2017, 01:15:54 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Eh.  I've said it before, but the fact that Mega Man X is getting more roster spots than anything else (even Street Fighter, which is super surprising) has me feeling more or less okay with the Capcom side.  Sure, there are a ton of characters I'd like to see in the game, but with the exception of Firebrand and maybe Nemesis, I can't point to any characters on Capcom's roster that I feel shouldn't be there.

It's the Marvel side that's way more disappointing.  The fact that it's exclusively characters that appear in recent or upcoming MCU projects is super depressing, partly because it gives off the impression that Marvel views this game as nothing but an advertisement for its movies, and also because there are so many great characters that likely never even got looked at because they wouldn't be pushing a movie or show.
#2128  August 19, 2017, 01:44:49 pm
asura can be put into this game if capcom can invest some time and money into converting his game animations into mvc styled ones. it probably wouldn't cost as much as a character built from scratch.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#2129  August 19, 2017, 09:58:04 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 10:02:09 pm by WizzyWhipitWonderful

lui

#2130  August 19, 2017, 10:22:41 pm
    • USA
1.no they're not, it's probably just a cameo, nothing more

2.reusing asuras model from asuras wrath would not be good at all and would make his including alot less nice if that were to happen. Reusing models willy nilly isn't really how Capcom does things for their big games
#2131  August 19, 2017, 10:30:22 pm
    • USA
Asura can go get buried in that landfill they dug all the E.T. cartridges out of.

Just give us Phoenix Wright and/or Apollo Justice and we'll be good.
#2132  August 20, 2017, 12:17:41 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Asura can go get buried in that landfill they dug all the E.T. cartridges out of.

Just give us Phoenix Wright and/or Apollo Justice and we'll be good.

No and HELL NO!

I still want to donkey punch the idiot who thought Phoenix Wright would be in a fighting game. At least Asura makes sense... Phoenix? No... He should be in the landfill.
#2133  August 20, 2017, 12:20:37 am
How about neither of them in a landfill or you go to the landfill
#2134  August 20, 2017, 12:26:49 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Wright is a good example of turning a non fighter into one. Beating someone with him on your team is super satisfying.
#2135  August 20, 2017, 02:36:28 am
    • Mexico
[quote author=Person Man
I still want to donkey punch the idiot who thought Phoenix Wright would be in a fighting game. At least Asura makes sense... Phoenix? No... He should be in the landfill.

You're gonna have to punch a lot of idiots then, because he was literally the most requested character for MvC3 behind Mega Man X (I was one of those idiots). Many still think he should come back and become a series staple, and honestly, he should. His game series is alive and running and his games have received critical acclaim. This is all in spite of the fact that he's a lawyer with no combat experience in his main series of games.
#2136  August 20, 2017, 03:00:32 am
    • USA
Wright was my best character back in UMvC3.  He was the only character I ever got good enough with to master high level play.  It's been ages since I picked it up, but I used to have  a combo with him that did like 600k damage without even needing evidence.

Plus Ace Attorney is one of only 5 series that Capcom is willing to make new games for these days, so it's super weird to me that they're not repping it at all here.  If nothing else you'd think they'd at least want to try and puff up sales for Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2.
#2137  August 20, 2017, 03:35:25 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
My guess is to why Pheonix Wright isn't making the cut because he requires a major overhaul in his gameplay system now that assists are no longer there to help him with his evidence stock.  He would need new ways to pick up evidence while evading rushdown and zoning while being as faithful as possible to his home series like in UMvC3 and taking it all into consideration would take a large amount of time to accomplish.

Capcom wants to put this game out early to start their eSports season so Pheonix is shelved (or axed altogether I dunno) to save time and are going with those whose gameplay are easier to update and add some extra moves into.  Alternatively, I have no clue what role Pheonix Wright would have in the story so there's that too.

If anything, we might see Pheonix again in the future.  Just not now.
Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 03:39:10 am by Kirishima
#2138  August 20, 2017, 09:43:57 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
If nothing else you'd think they'd at least want to try and puff up sales for Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2.
I don't think Nick being in a fighting game that only Americans play will help a game that's Japan exclusive.
#2139  August 20, 2017, 05:29:38 pm
    • USA
Here's a video with a decent look at Ultron's gameplay.  It's kind of weird the way that they've been hyping up Ultron Sigma so much that it's kind of buried one of the only new characters they have.

There's also an interesting little detail I never noticed before in there:  When a character's health gets low enough it triggers a voice line from the inactive character calling to be tagged in.  I like cool little touches of personality like that.
#2140  August 20, 2017, 05:44:45 pm
Hah, I'm just realizing that Hawkeye's moves are pretty tricky. On several moves, he starts a backdash or a quick back roll (ground or air) and instantly stops in the middle of it to fire an arrow really fast, that's a big bait for someone trying to chase after him. I really don't remember any of his moves being as sudden and surprising in MvC3. It looks pretty good and hard to read. ... I'm not sure if this is a system thing because other characters don't seem to backdash much lol, they just keep rushing forward.