YesNoOk

Noctis' WIP thread (Current WIP: Champion's Road Lifebars and CVS2+ Angel) (Read 82456 times)

Started by Noctis, June 17, 2015, 06:26:32 am
Share this topic:
Noctis' WIP thread (Current WIP: Champion's Road Lifebars and CVS2+ Angel)
#1  June 17, 2015, 06:26:32 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Personal website is up

[Finished WIP]
Agrias Oaks

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Alena

Birdie

[Current WIP]

[Cancelled]
These are never gonna see the light of day because my hard drive was mistakenly wiped and I lost everything. A secret SMB full game project I was working hard on even. All gone.
Fio Germi

Android 18

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 04:22:09 am by Noctis
Re: Noctis' WIP thread
#2  June 21, 2015, 10:08:38 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
3rd summon, Zodiac from FFT! Just one more to go. It's Alexander, but not the Alexander anyone would expect. Also, a ranking system after each battle! Added solely for the purpose of....because I could. It was something new to do.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

#3  June 21, 2015, 10:18:46 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Looking good
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#4  June 21, 2015, 10:21:57 pm
  • ✧*:・゚☩~☺Mugen Soul☺~☩*:・゚✧
  • BOOM, HEADSHOT
    • USA
Could you resize Fio? She is too small
LOL
#5  June 21, 2015, 10:26:38 pm
  • What is life without tacos?
    • USA
    • catanesetyler@gmail.com
#6  June 21, 2015, 10:28:38 pm
  • ✧*:・゚☩~☺Mugen Soul☺~☩*:・゚✧
  • BOOM, HEADSHOT
    • USA
LOL
#7  June 21, 2015, 10:41:39 pm
  • What is life without tacos?
    • USA
    • catanesetyler@gmail.com
It will still mess up the pixels
#8  June 22, 2015, 06:43:37 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Could you resize Fio? She is too small

I'd rather not. I'd practically have to redo the entire character. She also wouldn't fit with the Tank I made. I was going for a series kind of thing. Fio vs [Metal Slug Boss here].

#9  July 17, 2015, 06:05:59 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Released a BETA version of Agrias Oaks for 1.0 only.

Agrias Oaks BETA

Since the BETA release I've fixed her damage dampeners, juggle check, damage and hitcount reading, many other tweaks here and there, added an Egi summon, etc. Also...

Pheonix Egi (work in progress)

I was gonna make the enemy become inflicted by a status effect by chance whenever a Summon was used, but I thought an Egi following you around was better. The Pheonix Egi for example, hurts the opponent whenever you're not attacking. It acts as a damaging shield for anyone who comes too close until it's time runs out and goes away.
The Zodiark Egi for example will act as a protective shield for any attacks coming at you. It'll give you immunity to stagger until it goes away like the Pheonix Egi would.
These are just ideas. I'm not set on anything. If anyone has any ideas I'd be glad to hear'em.

Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:48:39 am by Noctis
#10  July 20, 2015, 02:50:16 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
I know this is probably not a big deal, but it is to me. Agrias is now compatible with WinMugen & 1.0 since a lot of people still use WinMugen. I haven't edited it to be perfect with WinMugen (like the the positioning of the blocks in the intro, the morale bar, summons, etc.) and I might not, but she's still totally playable on both versions now. I also reduced the explod/helper usage by a shit ton so that she isn't bloated. All that's really left now is her level 3 morale attack, her AI and maybe some different win, lose poses.

After that, I'll finish up Fio and then figure out what to do afterwards. I've been thinking about it, though and I might scrap Ibuki and instead work on a Tifa in the same style as Agrias. Speaking of which, the style is the shit-ton of combos you can make and the morale bar which varies in use depending on the character.
Tifa, for example, would probably have a Morale Bar relating to her Limit Break in FFVII, the slot machine. It would be constantly rolling and land on whatever it was last on the moment you hit your opponent. There'll be 3 slot machines total, each representing a level (level's 1-3) and you can use a skill for each one. Every time a skill is used, it resets. You can land on the "loser" slot which stops it where it's at or does nothing if it's level 0, the "fantastic" slot which increases the potency or adds a bonus effect as well as level it up to your next skill and the "okay" which levels you up to the next skill.
That idea would be 100% if I wasn't so sure that I won't have the time to. I might be gone for a long time again after Fio or for good. Who knows. We'll see.

#11  July 20, 2015, 04:47:51 am
  • "The Future is Now"
I really love the fact that she abuses explods and such.
If it can make her look super flashy I'd love to see it.

I like what I seen in the videos man. I wish I could code like you.
Your still just several levels above me.
#12  July 20, 2015, 05:22:42 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
It's not so much that I'm better, Ryon. We just code different things. I stuck to what I knew and you yours, but again I appreciate the sentiment.
You've got some pretty sweet things going on yourself. I still can't for the life of me figure out how to make a good set of lifebars. Stages even. I always seem to get something wrong and it breaks my characters a lot.

Also, I like that she abuses explodes, too. I discovered that the whole "only players and helpers experience gravity" wasn't true. Which I originally had decided on my own at some point I guess. vel + accel rids me of having to use so many helpers. Who knew. :P
I just didn't want her so close to the explod limit (I had her using at least 120+ explods for about 6-7 of her attacks. Reduced it to about half or less than that.)
I mean..what if you were playing 2vs2? Her attacks would look dead from her freaking overkill explods and helpers

#13  July 22, 2015, 01:14:38 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
I've decided Agrias won't have Alexander as a summon. It was the big guy from Bahamut Lagoon if anyone knows of it.
Anyways, too much of something takes away from her as a whole. That's why. Gotta finish up her Aegis, add one more level 3 Morale attack (which'll be her biggest attack yet), color separation and she should be good to go. I already finished her Summon Egi's and polished her up a bit with things involving team fights along with any compatibility issues with WinMugen & 1.0 both.

Also! I've never done a template before so why not. If anyone's up to it I wouldn't mind someone making a palette or two for her. If someone actually does one, thanks in advance.

Please. Don't mind the text....I was having difficulties. As for the various colors. They all simply had one color swapped with another. The luminance and whatnot are all what they should be.

As for Fio. I kinda regret making her. She's not really designed for Mugen, but I'll finish her. She's a 1.0 character and as soon as I add in one little thing to give her ammo and finish her basic hatchet/tonfa attacks she'll be done. I think. She might need an intro and win/lose poses as well.

Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 04:12:34 am by Noctis
Re: Noctis' WIP thread (Android 18/AgriasOaks)
#14  July 23, 2015, 09:00:37 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
I like the way the sprites looked. No one else is doing her. I'm making an Android 18 from the new DBZ EB game once I finish up Agrias and maybe Fio. Might never finish Fio. She's not built for mugen at all. x.x
Only problem with 18 is sounds. If anyone has any let me know? Preferably Japanese. I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'm just gonna use some old ones I found in Japanese.

As for Agrias. Same as before. Finishing up her color separation as well as the little details before I begin on her ultimate special attack. Everything else is pretty much done.

#15  July 23, 2015, 09:21:35 pm
    • USA
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/

GT

#16  July 23, 2015, 11:27:32 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Those Tenkaichi rips are in English. I'm going to assume the SuperSonic Warriors' voices are too.

Only problem with 18 is sounds. If anyone has any let me know? Preferably Japanese. I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'm just gonna use some old ones I found in Japanese.

I have Infinite World voices in Japanese if you're interested.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/uv0syh

Also, I'm going to recommend a scale of .85 or (.833333),.9 for the x and y scales respectively for your Android 18. A scale of 1,1 makes many members of the cast look huge in relation to characters like CvS Rugal and KFM.
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:32:08 pm by GT .Howlerr
#17  July 24, 2015, 01:41:48 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Those Tenkaichi rips are in English. I'm going to assume the SuperSonic Warriors' voices are too.

I have Infinite World voices in Japanese if you're interested.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/uv0syh

Also, I'm going to recommend a scale of .85 or (.833333),.9 for the x and y scales respectively for your Android 18. A scale of 1,1 makes many members of the cast look huge in relation to characters like CvS Rugal and KFM.

They all were. I was considering just using them as they weren't that bad, but this is pretty fantastic of you. It's surprisingly hard to find DBZ voices in Japanese so thank you very much. Definitely using. I  also heard a Destructo Disc in there. Yessss!
And thanks for the advice.

#18  July 29, 2015, 08:39:39 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Got some work done on 18. These are just some generic combo's she can pull off and stuff.

I plan on making them rather extensive and making them require some skill to pull off. Never was a fan of games that made one combo the only good combo for every match (watch a playthrough of the game with 18. You'll find someone using the exact same combo for entire matches).
Basically, she's got your X combos, your Y combos, your Z ki blasts and the most important part being your button+button skills for your critical attacks.

I'm taking a break on Agrias. Rushing her will just do me no good. Gotta go through her and fix up a lot of loose ends and I just lack the motivation to do so.

#19  August 24, 2015, 06:27:05 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Update on Agrias. Finished her for the most part. I haven't finished color separating her and I won't by the time I release her. I'll just update her with that down the road. Also, her Saint Mode (or God Mode) after her Reraise activates when she dies. She'll only have 2-4 attacks and I've already finished 2 plus I need to add some prettiness for when she's in Saint Mode.
As for her ultimate attack, Frozen by the Judgement Blade...
With a touch of Gilgamesh's raining swords of skewerness...
Followed by summoning a cliche, giant crushing blade... (cameo appearances incoming! sort of..)
Finished with the winning intro. An example of just how destructive it can be! ;)

#20  August 27, 2015, 12:50:44 pm
    • USA
This looks awesome. Keep up the good work.