YesNoOk

Persona 4 Arena Labrys 1.0 [Finished] (Read 77158 times)

Started by Veolf, August 26, 2012, 10:00:34 am
Share this topic:
Persona 4 Arena Labrys 1.0 [Finished]
#1  August 26, 2012, 10:00:34 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aip3e03cee6dg4s/Labrys.rar

Latest Wip Video:

Video of Said Progress

I had added a lot more attacks, but it's better to post a readme.

READ: What is done is written here (Also Readme)

Author: SXVector
-- Character: Labrys --
-- Origin : Persona 4 Arena --

Movelist

Arcade Peon Format

General Movement
- Dash         -> 66
- Backdash     -> 44
- Air Dash     -> 66
- Air Backdash -> 44
- Double Jump  -> jj
- Super Jump   -> 2j
- Evade        -> AC

Normal Combo
- 5A Auto Combo (without super) - 5A,5AA,5AAA,5AAAA(214A)

Charge Hits
- Charge Crouch -> 2B
- Charge Stand  -> 5B (unblockable when fully charged)

Sweep
- Trip Sweep    -> 2AB

Hit to Auto Hit(Mash Beat Up)
- Mash Start    -> 5AB

Special Gullitone Axe  -> 214A/214B

Grab -> CD/j.CD for Air

Air Normal ->
- Light -> j.A
- Heavy -> j.B + j.BB after j.B successful hit

Special Jump -> Jump after successful hit on 1st jump (jump hits).

NOTE: For those who play in 640x480 must change their localcoord of Labrys to 1008,756. Thank you, Enjoy and give feedback.

I'll try to post screenshots for latest progress.
Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:41:30 pm by SXVector
Re: Persona 4 Arena Labrys 1.0 - Alpha
#2  August 26, 2012, 06:34:29 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
feedback time other than having no running sound:

-if you're at the corner and u do an unblockable crouch attack, it sends clones in the air whenever a character bounces off the wall
-crouching punch doesn't have a 4-hit combo to it

i believe that's all i can find
#3  August 26, 2012, 06:50:34 pm
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
Even for an alpha, this character in its current state is unacceptable...

For things that are good about it, it does seem to have all required animations and they are pretty good looking.

For things that are bad;

First off, did you even test this character against characters other than itself? A LOT of glitches happen when fighting a character other than Labrys.

If a character bounces off a wall, it will clone.

Only a two button-ish character? And for some reason the throw buttons are not the attack buttons. Other the throws causes glitches for fighting things other than itself.

I see what you tried to do for X+Y, but it's not done well. Even when doing it to the character itself. I have done something exactly like this for my Rachel Alucard(C+C) try checking that out and that turned out better than what you currently have.

I play on a 1280 X720 and the character is too small. I really wish you can make this character more for a screen size like that.

Please make some sounds more random because hearing the same thing gets annoying after awhile.

This character is just too rushed. Please spent more time making it or get a private alpha/beta tester please.

The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#4  August 26, 2012, 07:03:35 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
we know that its rush speedy but he will update it piece by piece like he does on his OMK characters so relax
#5  August 26, 2012, 07:09:01 pm
    • USA
It's just that it seems better to get everything mostly done before your first release than have a lot of after updates. Your first release of a character is the most important I have found.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#6  August 26, 2012, 07:09:54 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
I did. Don't assume I didn't. A clone, what kind of clone?

... Have you tried the game? Throw buttons are not the attack buttons. It's the PERSONA buttons. I would like to know the throw glitches, I didn't see any when I test to mostly other characters.

X+Y is exactly like game, I don't know what you meant by not done well. Unless you meant the "everybody animation" ._.

Too small? This is the right size and scale. If it's bigger, it would like upscaled.
Random sounds, so vague, please name please.

Rushed? I assure you not. You probably didn't know how much time I spent on this.

I believe drewski did the right feedback as he knows the game well.

I'll fix the errors. And to end, I don't understand your point of an unacceptable "ALPHA".

I don't think philosophy works on "first releases", sorry. It's a subjective view.

I see, the grab didn't ground hit (standing).

I presume the wall fx helper is the cause of the clone. I will fix.
Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 07:17:19 pm by SXVector
#7  August 26, 2012, 07:14:11 pm
    • USA
Ok, maybe I was wrong about a few things but try using this character against other characters other than itself. I mean it doesn't really have problems when fighting itself but try testing against other characters. I'll explain about the feedback I left later, I have to do somethings right now.

#8  August 26, 2012, 07:47:42 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
It looks so weird when you do her all-out attack since most of the characters made for mugen really don't have a turn/spin animation but you will be adding the rest of her all-out attack right?
Re: Persona 4 Arena Labrys 1.0 - Fixes Updated!
#9  August 26, 2012, 08:03:35 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Ya, for sure, and I'm going to upload the fixes for all those errors right now. Wait. =)

Updated Fixes:
*Scroll to first post*
Fixed possible velset problems for compatible mugen characters for custom states. A little bit faster spinning animation, clone glitch fix, and throw fix(ground hit).
The 2A should only hit 3 hits maximum before too far for contact. And other things that I found myself. Enjoy.
What's added (extra):
Implemented axe system (Like in P4A): I think this is working for the p1's side atm, I'll have to adjust for p2. j.214A can be used but it's not finished atm (only works for 1 jumps and the last hit won't register if the first 2 hits of the jump hits. (Busy coding the move).
BD is also added, meaning you can do the combo for hit like in game(without Ariadne air attack and the j.214A should work but it's unfinished atm).
Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:55:06 pm by SXVector
#10  August 26, 2012, 08:36:58 pm
  • This is... the LAST dance...
    • USA
Infinite loop with the standing 4-hit combo after crouching punch
#11  August 26, 2012, 08:44:51 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Infinite loop? In the ground or air? I can't seem to replicate this ._.

Or you mean, 5A,5AA,5AA loop? I'll either add veloff or custom recoveries for all characters (by pressing a command they automatically go to a recovery state)
Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:47:59 pm by SXVector
#12  August 26, 2012, 08:46:13 pm
  • This is... the LAST dance...
    • USA
Ground
#13  August 26, 2012, 08:50:49 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Ya. it's possible to do that in game, I'll add a heavy veloff for the last attack to prevent the infinite.

Posted: August 26, 2012, 08:56:32 pm
http://www.mediafire.com/?rjpsqvhy77hvmfn

Update - Fixed the loop and the axe system is fully functional now.
#14  August 27, 2012, 02:10:55 am
    • USA
More feedback after downloading the most current version.

Sometimes your character causes invalid state debug floods, please checks these.

For attack D,Y you coded the hitdef in that state to send the opponent into a custom state. I can see why you did this to make the wall bounce effect(I believe). There are problems with this custom state. After being attacked by this attack the opponent can recover(and looking in your code you have allowed the opponent to do this i think) don't allow the opponent to recover at all. If your opponent recovers it has some really weird effects. Sometimes characters clone as soon as they recover, or get stuck in the custom state and are unable to get back into their own states. Code it so the oppoent can't recover at all(in air or mid air or near ground) or else you you seem to have this problem or find another way to solve this.

X+Y works perfectly when fighting itself. When hit the character goes into like a dizzy spin effect. This only looks good with fighting itself but if you fight any other character you seem to have coded it to make the opponent to use the 5051 animation and had them turn constantly until the effect wore off. I don't like this IMO, just simply use the dizzy state 5300 instead of this. It may not look good with all characters they way you have it now. I know you want a spinning effect but it just that not every character has a spinning animation and might look bad like I said before. This is all IMO though. Also speaking of the dizzy state, your character has no 5300 animation. It has a 5310 animation but it should be 5300. What gives?

One last thing, holding down y to charge the attack, and when it hits the opponent seems to make the opponent disappear for a sec.

I hope this helps!  :)

#15  August 27, 2012, 05:35:52 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
She doesn't have a general dizzy animation, so I'm leaving it blank atm.
Debug floods.. I never seem to get them, unless you meant for the other characters. They recoveries are simply their self states, guess I'll probably have to make a custom recovery state for them rather than self stating, I'll see about that.

Hmm.. using the 5300 dizzy animation for a spin doesn't look all too well imo. She has 5310 as her "swirl" animation and just for naming conveniences.
Down+Y works perfectly for me, I see no one disappearing at all, even with Fn+F12 everytime.

For the X+Y, I guess I can make it knock the opponent far enough and when they stop they get "dizzy" and recover after a certain amount of time. Hmm...
Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:40:36 pm by SXVector
#16  August 27, 2012, 07:37:49 pm
    • USA
She doesn't have a general dizzy animation, so I'm leaving it blank atm.Debug floods.. I never seem to get them, unless you meant for the other characters. They recoveries are simply their self states, guess I'll probably have to make a custom recovery state for them rather than self stating, I'll see about that.Hmm.. using the 5300 dizzy animation for a spin doesn't look all too well imo. She has 5310 as her "swirl" animation and just for naming conveniences. Down+Y works perfectly for me, I see no one disappearing at all, even with Fn+F12 everytime. For the X+Y, I guess I can make it knock the opponent far enough and when they stop they get "dizzy" and recover after a certain amount of time. Hmm...
For the dizzy, I mean you can simply just use the spinning animation for 5300. I don’t think you should use a seperate animation for it. 5300 is the standard. This may cause global mugen problems like Mortal Kombat character for their fatalities. For the debug floods they clearly say the Labrys is the one that is causing it. Try turning on debug mode while in an actual fight. Also I seem to have found a huge problem with the character while in watch mode BUT I am not sure if your character or the opponent is causing this. Sometimes I get an error message saying something along the lines of “Guard is in wrong state” I can’t remember what it is exactly says but this has happened to me twice. Try checking the type of states your attacks are in I guess. When this happens mugen completely crashes.

For Down,Y’s disappearing thing, oops I meant just holding down y only for the standing charge up. My bad.For the other things see what is best for them.The character is good game play wise as of right now, but I am really picky when it comes to glitches about characters.

Also SXVector, even though not completed, how hard do you think making a Persona 4 arena character is? In your opinion(after all you’re the first one to create one)

#17  August 27, 2012, 07:57:00 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
If you know the gaming mechanics of the game, it isn't really all that hard.  For what I'm doing atm, I'm focusing on the gameplay aspect and also the system mechanics. I have been doing challenge mode with Labrys, tested her nonstop in training mode and have some net matches + dustloop wiki/forums for info on chain combos and what not. I use those info and implement in game, and also I know most/all of their custom animations for get hits and I implement that.

What needs to take into account is the compatibility and finding the right time for each frame of the animation (Which is important) and following the hitboxes with the viewer. Also using Arcade Notation is easier for me for naming attacks and such and knowing the right chains for them ._.

Hmm, It seems the hitshake is causing problems for some reason, I'll check it quick and fix it.
For the charge y fix - I made a custom anim and have a -1 timer, I assumed the time was up for those animations : resulting in the blank disappearance during the hit before getting launched.

Updated Link Fix:
*check first post*

What's fixed:
Disappearing glitch on charge y and other things.
Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:59:07 am by SXVector
#18  August 28, 2012, 12:13:39 am
    • USA
Looking much better and playing better but here is a screen shot of a problem I mentioned before and it's a big problem. I am not sure why this is really happening.

Also in that pic I changed labrys' size to 1.3 it looks better IMO and don't worry about Labrys' outline that is the palette change you gave the character.

#19  August 28, 2012, 12:24:37 am
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Guard State Error? Hmm.. I don't see how that works as I can block all ways with any char. I guess the little fix here is the removing of  the "D" in guard flag.
Update
http://www.mediafire.com/?3k2cw7tbhob4crs
#20  August 28, 2012, 01:40:04 am
    • USA
Yeah that seemed to fix that. The last thing I have to mention about this character is that if you grapple an active AI opponent they will recover right after the grapple and do a counter attack. Make sure they don't recover so soon.

And that is pretty much all the problems I can find. I hope you add the supers soon  :)