YesNoOk

Project: Megaman X: Fighting Arena. (Read 55556 times)

Started by fxfreitas, December 26, 2018, 03:09:04 pm
Share this topic:
Project: Megaman X: Fighting Arena.
#1  December 26, 2018, 03:09:04 pm
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
The Game is developed by AlexDX4, Rocklu, Rods. and me FXFreitas, with plans for 8 Playable characters for the first version, we are making it from scratch, with our own game-play and trying to get everything as balanced as possible.
Sigma is back again! And bring some old Friends with him, its up to the maverick hunters destroy Sigma and restore the peace in the world.

About the game-play, the hardest part of the development, was finally managed to balance it to fit in a fighting game and keep the essence of each character, thanks to months of testing and This Demo that still avalible but is far from the current progress, we improved and refined those characters based on the feedback of this old demo. If you wanna play it, be aware that characters are old betas and play very diferent now.
All characters play at same way:
Light Attack - Basic Light movement, quick and weak, you can combo it with any move
Medium Attack - Basic Medium movement, balanced, you can combo it with any move except the light attack.
Strong Attack/Launcher - Basic Strong movement, heavy and slower, you can combo it with most of super moves
Personal Skill/Breaker - Personal skill is a unique move, normally the signature move of each character, Like X's Buster Shot.
Dodge - A kind of phantom dash, you move forward with invincible frames and can avoid everything, be aware that you can't cancel it in other moves.
Overclock/Overdrive - A Unique boost, you can use only if the overclock bar is on 50% or higher and, able to use a ultimate attack named Overdrive, i.e.: X wear a armor during the overclock period.
Super Moves - Like any fighting game, you have shoryukens and sonic booms here and there, each character have your own set of supers, some characters share super moves, but we are trying at maximum to make them play differently.
Hyper Move - All characters have a hyper move, that burns half of the power bar, during the overclock state the hyper move change on some characters.

Playable Characters:
X, Axl, Zero, Alia, Iris, Vile, Dynamo, Gate.
We have plans for more characters if the project get success. One of them is command mission X, that will be available only with the game release:

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO HERE

Older demo:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

For more Videos, Check AlexDX4 Channel.
Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 06:21:10 am by fxfreitas
Re: Project: Megaman X: Fighting Arena.
#2  December 26, 2018, 05:05:14 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
This reminds me of MDI's Megaman X: Scrap Metal Arena.
#3  December 31, 2018, 03:25:23 pm
your project looks good It has a future

A tip, do not go crazy putting more characters than you can program.
It shows that you want to make a balanced and prolix project.

Good luck and hopefully you will find people to help you.
#4  January 03, 2019, 11:27:28 pm
    • Brazil
your project looks good It has a future

A tip, do not go crazy putting more characters than you can program.
It shows that you want to make a balanced and prolix project.

Good luck and hopefully you will find people to help you.

Thanks for the reply, thats the Idea of our project, less chatacters, more quality, the main proposite of make a demo with 4 characters and a Boss-Only Sigma is keep a balanced gameplay, then make the next 4 characters with that balance in mind.
Actually we got a Spriter (me) (and a support spriter, Rods), a Coder (AlexDX4) and a support designer (Rocklu) and some testers.

This reminds me of MDI's Megaman X: Scrap Metal Arena.

I remember it, but we are trying to make it play more like a classic Fighting Game.
#5  January 13, 2019, 05:21:54 am
    • Brazil
Did a Small Video Showcasing Sigma And Iris, hope you enjoy, and sorry for the poor quality
#6  January 16, 2019, 09:07:52 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Wow.... just wow. I was expecting something simple or even poorly animated/coded (I had bad experiences with Mega Man chars in the past, lol), but this looks awesome. You got my attention. Keep it up!
#7  January 17, 2019, 05:15:55 pm
    • Brazil
Wow.... just wow. I was expecting something simple or even poorly animated/coded (I had bad experiences with Mega Man chars in the past, lol), but this looks awesome. You got my attention. Keep it up!

Thanks! And we are trying to make it as beautiful as possible, and of course well coded, Alex do a great work, and I am trying to do my best with each sprite.
#8  February 02, 2019, 01:39:04 pm
    • Brazil
Rods made a video showcasing command mission X, even with this character not being present on the first demo, is completed, and will be avalible on the game release
#9  February 04, 2019, 05:09:10 am
  • Sr. Símio Enfermo
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/people/Manson-Rees/100027897993934
I'm not that familiar with the Megaman franchise, but this project surely looks great man!
Keep up the good work! o/
#10  February 24, 2019, 08:15:43 pm
    • Brazil

Posting Alia early development, as you can see, she is based on X8 with some custom features and a full improved spritesheet, not only that but Zero is being reworked to fit the new systems and gameplay

And last but not least almost all the sprites for the demo are done, we need only Zero stage and start to code the special features for the demo release. So as a spriter I am working on the upcoming characters, with some dedicated spriters helping, we managed to revamp Vile spritesheet

So thats it I know that is not too much progress, but we are working hard, and hope you enjoy our work.
See ya
#11  February 25, 2019, 02:24:00 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Ah, its more fighting oriented, I liked it.
#12  February 25, 2019, 02:53:55 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
This is actually sick as hell, I'll keep an eye on it.
Lasagna
#13  February 27, 2019, 11:32:22 pm
    • Brazil
Ah, its more fighting oriented, I liked it.
Thanks Ilu!
Yeah, we are trying to make a Fighting Game, and adapt every character to it:

I used Ayumu Sekijo's Vile to make some of his attacks, but we got other references to fill his moveset with his own fighting style. (Of course I credited the Ayumu)

This is actually sick as hell, I'll keep an eye on it.
I'm glad you liked! I hope we release our demo soon!
#14  March 02, 2019, 04:14:42 pm
    • Brazil
#15  April 08, 2019, 05:58:56 am
    • Brazil

Zero is Almost done, Alex worked hard and only the ex moves and saber effects still missing, with some touches on the AI. And airplane stage get some work.
Also, 3 new stages in production are ready for the demo

I Have to thank Irregular Saturn for the help on that stages, he is awesome.
The demo is very close to release, we need to finish Alia, and make all the special assets for the demo.
#16  April 23, 2019, 05:13:47 pm
    • Brazil

Showing more Update, Alia AI in early stages, also a small update that is coming to all characters.
The game is getting closer to a open Beta.
#17  April 23, 2019, 07:35:50 pm
  • Why,
How these work out  of game? If someone makes collection??
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#18  April 23, 2019, 09:21:20 pm
    • Brazil
The old beta characters had almost the same systems and works outside of the game, but overclock bar will not be visible, only the arrow.
You can go mugen archive and download the old AlexDX4 versions to check for yourself, but is strongly recomended to play the full game, for full experience and balance.
They are also 1.1 exclusive and will not properly work on previous mugen versions
#19  April 25, 2019, 01:00:06 am
    • Brazil
Did a Video showcasing Iris and Sigma
#20  July 23, 2019, 06:00:12 am
    • Brazil
We're BACK!

One of our old members and mugen coder back and start helping with Vile's development, he is being worked to test new mechanics and possible changes on the gameplay, based on feedback of our testers.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/531561261302022146/599611852758056971/M.U.G.E.N_13_07_2019_11_40_47.mp4
Also, New Mechanics were implemented, some visible there:

Advanced Guard: Push your opponent back, burn 1000 power;
Phantom Dash Cancel: You can cancel the dodge move with crouch;
Throw: All Characters get one, with most based on existing moves;
Hop: Pressing dodge button while crouching you do a small hop that allow to use aerial moves except supers/hypers, good to use the Strong Attack (Overhead) or to extend your combo but also cancel a move with this hop burn 1000 power.

I am Working Right now on Dynamo and Gate Sprites

The demo is close to be a public thing, and we are very happy with the progress of our little project.