Started by Valodim, August 26, 2007, 08:25:30 pm
Share this topic:
#16501  March 07, 2018, 10:16:44 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
comes back at the end of ten 2.

But only if you bothered to 100% that game which uh... I must admit I never did.
#16502  March 08, 2018, 10:35:16 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland

DmC perhaps shined brightest in the story department. It weaved a sharp tale of millennial fear and austerity angst in a way that stamped a sense of time and place firmly on the aging franchises face.

Games journalists out here earning that paycheck.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#16503  March 23, 2018, 10:58:53 am
  • 2 edjy 4 u
  • spriting drains the soul
    • USA
damn, i mean, i like DmC and all, it has a great visual style and I did enjoy the gameplay and story even if it is a bit edgy but what the fuck lol
#16504  March 23, 2018, 04:50:31 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
i like that it was edgy, i just hated how fucking WOKE the story was, like jesus christ it's just two assholes shutting down a soda factory, killing a fetus, killing bill o'reilly, and saying FUCK constantly, there's nothing woke or smart about that shit.
#16505  March 23, 2018, 05:39:04 pm
  • I am the enemy. I will succeed.
    • USA
Yeah, I played the Definitive Edition so I can judge the story on it's own merits without having to worry about defending gameplay or getting distracted by fedoras and the like

The story was full of Importance but not very clever

Virgil in particular is some of the worst characterization I have ever been privy to and some of it is just because the writer was clearly aware there had to be a fight between Dante and him at the end but not so aware as how to build up to it with any tact whatsoever
There's a race to be on top
The competition doesn't stop
Mixing with the ladies fair
being charming debonair
The gang will reign supreme
And no one can deny
They'll make some history
And always have an alibi
So join in the jubilee
The cats are great they'll all agree
Find in each calamity
the cat's superiority
#16506  March 23, 2018, 05:59:55 pm
the edgy dialogue and the design of the characters are horrible. the definition of style over substance.

this seems to be a common thing with western developers who get handed a "stylish" japanese ip, as that yaiba ninja gaiden game was also like that.
but atleast yaiba never took itself seriously...
Heaven is just a prostitute without clothes.
#16507  March 23, 2018, 07:41:18 pm
  • What's up, Doc?
    • USA

DmC feels like it was written by somone who doesn’t recognize the irony of the goth kids from South Park.  It’s what a 12 year old thinks his 15 year old brother thinks is cool.