Far Right and basically the establishment are up for round 2 in 2 weeks. Far Right did about a fifth of the population, as usual (though it's a bit on the rise closer to a fourth but that's within expectations these days). Establishment guy isn't really Left or Right, nobody really knows where he stands, but at the very least he doesn't have countless scandals chasing him and he's not an old dude sitting in his sofa doing nothing. Then again, he's only 39, so basically the only thing we really know about him is that he was a banker for Rothschild, and he split off from the current government barely a year ago to create his party - and get here today. On paper, he has something that would have been considered quite progressive 5 years ago but that's become pretty standard and the least they can do at this point, people were expecting a lot more after Brexit and Trump. So he's considered as the option of the establishment (he was the media's golden boy the entire way), but technically he's pretty progressive, only he's not going to save Europe single-handedly. It just means that it'll stay the same, but in a positive way, not in a stagnation way. So at the very least, he won't make Europe implode, so we have that going for us, which is nice.
The big news is that both the Socialist and Republican parties, which have ruled over the country for the last few decades, have been entirely kicked out this time (2002 had the Far Right eject the Socialists which shocked the whole country), the Right is likely going to disintegrate now (the guy running for them was basically asleep most of the campaign anyway, thinking "it's all good, we're the Right, we'll be there either way", it was bound to happen), the Left is still decent and will survive it (they had people who gave some hope to some people, just not the same people) but they're not going to have anyone nearly good enough in the next 5 years (if they make the mistake of keeping the same guy that got beaten today, they'll just disintegrate too). Both sides really need to step up their game big time with new blood, the Right completely missed that train and the Left tried it just now but got bitchslapped again. This time, everybody got the message that the people was fed up with the current system and getting more of the same.
Of course, everybody already knows that the Far Right can't be allowed to pass, almost everyone has already said to obviously vote for the young guy, it's pretty much a given that he's going to be elected. For once, several of the losers went right off the bat with a "there's a difference between a political adversary and an enemy of the Republic, vote against the Far Right", so we're expecting similar results as in 2002 round 2 (the Far Right keeps their 20% and gets curbstomped by the other guy who takes the remaining 80%).
... I'm looking at the result map that's still evolving right now and it's filling up with Far Right being the winner, but the actual numbers show that she barely passed the two big guys from the Left who are right behind her most of the time. It's a bit scary but it looks like it really shouldn't be a big deal.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:03:50 am