YesNoOk

Roy - PROJECT JUSTICE Arcade Sprite Dump (Updated 2/17/15) (Read 26751 times)

Started by Odb718, January 20, 2015, 02:54:31 am
Share this topic:
Roy - PROJECT JUSTICE Arcade Sprite Dump (Updated 2/17/15)
#1  January 20, 2015, 02:54:31 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
New update by popular demand.
Roy for Rival Schools has always been a solid character. He just looks so much better in Project Justice. So, N. & I got together and hacked the holy living heck out of it. (Mainly him but I did find some cool stuff too)
The result is pretty solid conversion of a 3D character into 2D sprites.

As I've said before, I'm planning on working on a different Rival School/Project Justice character. Roy's a popular character a lot of MFG members would love to see in mugen. I dont plan on making Roy, so we need a volunteer to build him!!

Just look at him. These sprites are not resized.

You may notice he's got a darker green tie. I made this so his palette would be a little better.

I've ripped pretty much everything you need for a working character sprite-wise. I havent bothered to rip his effects. No sounds. BUT if someone's serious about making Roy, I'll rip the effects perfect. Black screened perfect.

The rar sizes are pretty big for Mugen. The two combines are over 500mb. The sprites are very large. If file size is a problem, just batch convert. There's also a lot of doubled images you can thin out.

Mega Link for Part AMega Link for Part B
part A is basically 0-199, 800s, with some 5000s. Part B is all the punches and kicks, specials, and ultras.
I havent ripped the tag team moves yet.

OLD ROY FROM RIVAL SCHOOLS POST IN SPOILER
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 05:40:25 am by Odb718
Re: Roy - Rival Schools 1 Arcade Sprite Dump
#2  January 20, 2015, 03:20:44 am
  • No guts No glory..
i thank you for ripping him, maybe someday somebody maybe I ; will edit him to normal res...wold not be a bad idea if you could do the same to other characters, don`t want to turn this into a whislist demanding treahd, but i would like a set for batsu to do some edits, so i could fix some animations from "batsu" made by "hale race", also akira but men, thats your call make it when you can and want..and again a thousand thanks for the share...
#3  January 20, 2015, 03:49:25 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I think likun wants to make kyoko, you might want to pm him to see if he is serious about that one.
#4  January 20, 2015, 04:24:47 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Yeah, I've been in touch with a few people about projects. No one seems to be too excited to start anything.
dampir, you can use localcoord in the player's def file. Also batch convert with photoshop should get it down to normal size if you need it.
I'm not sure what you mean by "Akira but men"
#5  January 20, 2015, 04:37:07 am
  • No guts No glory..
I'm not sure what you mean by "Akira but men"

edit:
, also akira; but men(refering to you) that's your call make it when you can and want..and again a thousand thanks for the share...

that's what i meant

#6  January 20, 2015, 11:23:27 am
Man = singular; men = plural. Learn English!

I'm downloading it now, but are the effects separated from the sprites?
Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 01:36:12 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#7  January 20, 2015, 04:01:54 pm
  • SNK is life
#8  January 20, 2015, 04:04:36 pm
  • BIG COCK SMALL ASSHOLE.
Holy Shit!!!! I Hope Somebody could code it.
lel.
I think the only H-Character I ever got was that Black Raiya edit and she had a super that forced the foe to suck her cock while classical music played.
#9  January 20, 2015, 11:39:59 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Man = singular; men = plural.

Alex, No. Unfortunately I havent found the code to remove the sparks.  I'm still working with N. on removing unneeded graphics from the sprite ripping. I dont know how he does it but he's awesome at what he does.
The slide dust and the special sparks and Hyo's flowers around his uppercut and everything else is in the rips.
BUT
One good thing is, I can change the BG color to black. I could, in effect, make them separate by hand. It'd look perfect.
If we do remove them, they'd have to be remade by hand. Or, I'd have to do the process I just mentioned anyways.

If someone's serious about making Roy, I'll do what ever they need to make the sprites perfect.
#10  January 20, 2015, 11:53:14 pm
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Yeah, not to derail from Roy completely but I'm positive likun would appreciate rips for Kyoko, you should talk to him. He'd probably sprite even more with more decent rips (I FEEL like he mentioned wanting to do a Roy, might be wrong)
#11  January 22, 2015, 11:33:54 pm
    • Dominica
    • kaysombi@gmail.com
Man = singular; men = plural.

Alex, No. Unfortunately I havent found the code to remove the sparks.  I'm still working with N. on removing unneeded graphics from the sprite ripping. I dont know how he does it but he's awesome at what he does.
The slide dust and the special sparks and Hyo's flowers around his uppercut and everything else is in the rips.
BUT
One good thing is, I can change the BG color to black. I could, in effect, make them separate by hand. It'd look perfect.
If we do remove them, they'd have to be remade by hand. Or, I'd have to do the process I just mentioned anyways.

If someone's serious about making Roy, I'll do what ever they need to make the sprites perfect.

hi you can make sprites from project jutice dreamcast
#12  January 23, 2015, 03:08:46 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
djlolo, yes and no.
I'm sure it's possible. The DreamCast version, at least for me, looks and acts like crap. The models for each character all seem to have terrible Z buffer. or whatever it's called. The models for them have it so the wrong parts of their clothing POP through other parts. The colors get all messed up. Stuff disappears. There's just too many problems.
Like some games that will have a poster on a wall, and somehow you can see the wall through it. That's Z buffer. The X and Y are fine, but Z is too close for the emulator to know what's really going on.

I'm sure some one can do it, I'm just focused on doing RS1.
I keep reading the Project Justice for DreamCast was in the arcade. If I could find that version to see, maybe it'd be a lot better. I think it's just some websites posting bad info though.
#13  January 23, 2015, 07:08:17 pm
Project Justice did come out on arcade, for Naomi.
Even with the super crisp level of details you got for these Roy rips, there's no possible comparison with the Project Justice model, it's so much better. I like Roy but I'd feel bad working on RS1 rips.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#14  January 24, 2015, 02:31:58 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Well RS1 Roy is better than no Roy right?
I've looked into getting the arcade version of PJ, and I've been playing it the last few minutes. Roy looks a lot better.
The characters look good and the emulator is running at 58 to 61 fps. Seems solid but I havent tried it with the other things I need to rip.
I think it'll run fast enough to rip everything properly. IF and a BIG IF I can track down all the same stuff N. and I found on RS1.

aaand that sucks bad. I was just playing and it randomly crashed my video card.
One good thing is the emulator seems to have savestates. I've already found a code to unlock everyone. Hopefully I can find the right settings for the video and have it stable enough to start working on.
#15  January 24, 2015, 05:25:57 pm
  • Hinata creator
    • uminokun.deviantart.com/
I think likun wants to make kyoko, you might want to pm him to see if he is serious about that one.
He's been spriting her since many years ago. That's definitely a serious WIP.
Yeah im very serious with my wip´s take tiffany as example it took me like 5 years to finally finish her ,i have all the basic moves of Kyoko allready done and some standing punch´s and kick´s so that something

Yeah, not to derail from Roy completely but I'm positive likun would appreciate rips for Kyoko, you should talk to him. He'd probably sprite even more with more decent rips (I FEEL like he mentioned wanting to do a Roy, might be wrong)
Yeah it could help me alot with spriting Kyoko but i dont wana rush anything Odb718 can rip her when he can and want to, and im not really mentioned that i want to do a Roy but i could but only as a commision jejeje if anyone like the sprites style i did for him in my tiffany

#16  January 25, 2015, 02:31:10 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
li kun, I'm getting further into being able to rip Project Justice. Should I rip her from Rival Schools or from Project Justice?

RS was taken at 1080x and PJ was taken at 640x

I just did it quick to show you. I can get the right palettes and maybe a brighter stage for PJ. The black stockings with the black skirt make it hard to see.
 Also, the shadow in RS wont be there either.
I'll eventually rip Project Justice at 1080x
#17  January 26, 2015, 12:11:49 am
  • Hinata creator
    • uminokun.deviantart.com/
li kun, I'm getting further into being able to rip Project Justice. Should I rip her from Rival Schools or from Project Justice?

RS was taken at 1080x and PJ was taken at 640x

I just did it quick to show you. I can get the right palettes and maybe a brighter stage for PJ. The black stockings with the black skirt make it hard to see.
 Also, the shadow in RS wont be there either.
I'll eventually rip Project Justice at 1080x

Well i think project justices have more moves and the sprites are better i was using that game for my edits that it would help me more if you can rip them from pj! tkx!
Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 01:44:06 am by li kun
Re: Roy - PROJECT JUSTICE Arcade Sprite Dump (Updated 2/17/15)
#18  February 17, 2015, 08:30:42 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've updated the topic title instead of making a new forum thread.

I switched from Rival Schools to Project Justice. Without the help of N. these sprites wouldnt be half as good. So if you decide to make this character please include him in the thanks. Consider the rar of RS Roy sprites all that will come out.

I may upload a small SFF with a palette attempt. But I still have a lot of ripping to do for other PJ characters. I'd love to get 3 or 4 characters out there.

li kun I havent forgotten about ripping her for you. Because of the throws I wanted to get the technique(s) of ripping them clean. I've learn the tricks and she'll probably be ripped soon.

If anyone's interested in building Roy, I'll help in any way possible. You can talk here or through PM. 
I'll rip other characters if people want to build them. I have plans for the few characters I want to see.
#19  May 18, 2015, 09:09:32 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
i was gonna use this but these not available
#20  May 18, 2015, 09:24:08 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
To create a 3D char in mugen use PNG Format.