YesNoOk

Ryu v1.1 updated 1/6/10 (Read 21082 times)

Started by BC, September 10, 2009, 10:11:42 pm
Share this topic:

BC

Ryu v1.1 updated 1/6/10
#1  September 10, 2009, 10:11:42 pm
    • UK
Accepting commissions
Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 03:03:34 am by BC
Re: Ryu v1.0
#2  September 11, 2009, 01:02:11 am
  • The flying rocket! Formerly known as Monkey-Mugen
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/MonkeysBranch/
HELL YA!!!!!!!!! Im gonna download rite now! thnx BC :D
Ever heard of me? No? Then chances are I've never heard of you either.
#3  September 11, 2009, 01:09:42 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
This Ryu plays smoothly and has nice FX, good job on that. :)

I don't recall Ryu's Tatsumaki dealing several hits, but it's been so long I haven't played SFZ3 that my memory must be playing tricks.
You should also explain what is Rage mode exactly in the readme.

BC

#4  September 11, 2009, 01:30:22 am
    • UK
This Ryu plays smoothly and has nice FX, good job on that. :)

I don't recall Ryu's Tatsumaki dealing several hits, but it's been so long I haven't played SFZ3 that my memory must be playing tricks.
You should also explain what is Rage mode exactly in the readme.

Thanks man, as for tatsu hits it definately deals 3, ive had to play the game everyday for the last few months while making ryu xD

as for rage mode, it was a v-ism type mode at the start but "rage mode" just having v-ism style combos didnt workout, didnt feel rage enough... so i changed it to more powerful supers... rage is a gameplay feature which i decided to add while making the sfa4 storyline but havent got a solid story yet (but its still a feature that is solid enough to keep)  i need some help with the story though thats for sure...

*just added a little message in main post*
Accepting commissions
#5  September 11, 2009, 04:01:29 am
  • Former Tier 1 Admin "The Third Sequence"
Um Is there supossed to be no foward or back dash with ryu?
#6  September 11, 2009, 04:05:36 am
  • The Supreme Fist
    • cfkm-media.weebly.com/
sweet ryu,thanks
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Your sig is too big. Max sig size is 600x200 pixels.
#7  September 11, 2009, 04:24:28 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

Copy and pasted from IMT:

Anyway, I got to try out this Ryu for a couple of minutes and here's my feedback on it (I'm going for accuracy from Street Fighter Alpha 3):

-There's a small pixel in sprite 5910,1 and sprite 5910,2 next to Ryu's arm.
-Why does the Shinkuu Hadouken and the Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku doesn't darken the lifebars as well as the background except Ryu's lifebar portrait like the Metsu Shoryuken when performed?
-Shouldn't the background color for the Shinkuu Hadouken and the Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku be the same just like the Metsu Shoryuken when performed?
-Should Ryu have 3000 power rather than 1000?
-It could use some more palettes but that's not important.
-Why are most of the supers to perform them like this?:

Shinkuu Hadouken: QCF(x2)+pp (any 2 punches)
Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku: QCB(x2)+kk (any 2 kicks)
Metsu Shoryuken: QCF(x2)+kk (any 2 kicks)

I think the supers should be played like this:

Shinkuu Hadouken: QCF(x2)+p (any punch)
Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku: QCB(x2)+k (any kick)
Metsu Shoryuken: QCF(x2)+k (any kick)

-I think there should be level 1 and level 2 versions of the supers except the Metsu Shoryuken.

That's all the feedback. This is a great conversion of Street Fighter Alpha 3's Ryu. Great job. I look forward to any updates in the future. :thumbsup:
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.

BC

#8  September 11, 2009, 02:08:34 pm
    • UK
Copy and pasted from IMT:

Anyway, I got to try out this Ryu for a couple of minutes and here's my feedback on it (I'm going for accuracy from Street Fighter Alpha 3):

-There's a small pixel in sprite 5910,1 and sprite 5910,2 next to Ryu's arm.
-Why does the Shinkuu Hadouken and the Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku doesn't darken the lifebars as well as the background except Ryu's lifebar portrait like the Metsu Shoryuken when performed?
-Shouldn't the background color for the Shinkuu Hadouken and the Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku be the same just like the Metsu Shoryuken when performed?
-Should Ryu have 3000 power rather than 1000?
-It could use some more palettes but that's not important.
-Why are most of the supers to perform them like this?:

Shinkuu Hadouken: QCF(x2)+pp (any 2 punches)
Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku: QCB(x2)+kk (any 2 kicks)
Metsu Shoryuken: QCF(x2)+kk (any 2 kicks)

I think the supers should be played like this:

Shinkuu Hadouken: QCF(x2)+p (any punch)
Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku: QCB(x2)+k (any kick)
Metsu Shoryuken: QCF(x2)+k (any kick)

-I think there should be level 1 and level 2 versions of the supers except the Metsu Shoryuken.

That's all the feedback. This is a great conversion of Street Fighter Alpha 3's Ryu. Great job. I look forward to any updates in the future. :thumbsup:

copy pasted my response

thanks for the feedback, this is the kinda feedback i look for!

-ok small pixel fixed
-all background darkenings are the same now... it was because metsu used a superpause where the others used a pause sctrl with bgpalfx (superpause had darken = 1)
i made them all the same now (same as shinku hadouken ect)
-not everyone has seen the full game info, its my fault but i wanted to keep the info on my forum to attract more people there, basically the guage is going  to be based off the x-ism guage from sfa3....so 1 bar delivering lvl 3 damage supers, also it makes the player work for their super as i think it should be like that!
-i used an open source .sff so the palettes were f**ked up unfortunately....next char's .sff ill make sure that wont happen (ill do it myself)

as for the super move commands im not sure why i had them like that... they can always be changed easily by the person who downloads...providing they know that they are doing, if not and its THAT important ill release a patch

First Attack training mode bug fixed, ill be happy for you to test again,

LINK updated and readme updated (explaining rage mode)

@ ScourgeSplitter there is no running/dashing in sfa3
Accepting commissions
Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 02:11:41 pm by BC
#9  September 11, 2009, 02:50:02 pm
  • Former Tier 1 Admin "The Third Sequence"
@ ScourgeSplitter there is no running/dashing in sfa3

Yeah I just realized that today, also this is a very accurate ryu compared to the one from sfa3. Nice work. :2thumbsup:
Re: Ryu v1.0 updated 11/09/09
#10  September 11, 2009, 02:59:35 pm
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
My only complaint with this Ryu is his combo ability feels really nerfed, for example his MP isn't cancelable when it should be, and he has no negative edge, which makes it even harder to combo with him.

I highly suggest implementing negative edge in him so he'll be more combo friendly.

Here are a few more suggestions -

- Change the command for the Fake Hadouken to QCF+LK.
- Change the command to perform Rage Moves to QCFx2 HP+HK instead of just HP+HK. I think making it HP+HK makes it kinda too easy to use.
- Have the Rage text appear on the side of the screen instead of directly above Ryu.
- Add a Dash/Backwards Dash to him. I know SFA did not have dashes originally, but he's going to be for a full game right? I think it makes sense including a dash ability.

And I think that is pretty much it. He's actually pretty decent, he just needs a couple things tweaked like the suggestions I gave, along with the Custom Combo and Alpha Counter you'll be adding soon, and he'll be good to go, plowing the way for more characters using the same system has him.

BC

#11  September 11, 2009, 03:48:46 pm
    • UK
My only complaint with this Ryu is his combo ability feels really nerfed, for example his MP isn't cancelable when it should be, and he has no negative edge, which makes it even harder to combo with him.

I highly suggest implementing negative edge in him so he'll be more combo friendly.

Here are a few more suggestions -

- Change the command for the Fake Hadouken to QCF+LK.
- Change the command to perform Rage Moves to QCFx2 HP+HK instead of just HP+HK. I think making it HP+HK makes it kinda too easy to use.
- Have the Rage text appear on the side of the screen instead of directly above Ryu.
- Add a Dash/Backwards Dash to him. I know SFA did not have dashes originally, but he's going to be for a full game right? I think it makes sense including a dash ability.

And I think that is pretty much it. He's actually pretty decent, he just needs a couple things tweaked like the suggestions I gave, along with the Custom Combo and Alpha Counter you'll be adding soon, and he'll be good to go, plowing the way for more characters using the same system has him.

Thanks for the feedback Tengu.

He does need negative edge your right, i can pull off some decent combos with him as he is though, but its something ill definately look into

Fake hadouken command suggestion seems more user friendly, thanks.

I think the new Rage command seems like a good idea, to be honest the current one was kind of a temp placeholder
untill i thought of a better one.

Rage text idea - 3rd person who mentioned that to me now, and after using Rage alot in the corner i see its disadvantages
view wise so yea good idea.

As far as dash goes, im more used to playing without dash so i prefer not having it
and keeping to the sfa tradition...ill openly think about it though if more people request it.
Accepting commissions
#12  September 12, 2009, 03:51:11 am
  • "The Future is Now"
Yayes! Cybaster likes my HR effects!

BC

#13  September 12, 2009, 10:27:14 pm
    • UK
you missed a couple though :P
Accepting commissions
#14  September 12, 2009, 10:54:09 pm
    • USA

I tried out the update, and the "First Attack" bug is still there. Did anyone besides me noticed that too?

BC

#15  September 12, 2009, 11:04:45 pm
    • UK
it was fixed when i tried..... can you explain exactly how you get the glitch?  (like step by step)

its only a training mode bug right? when giving back life again.
Accepting commissions
#16  September 12, 2009, 11:12:28 pm
    • USA

it was fixed when i tried..... can you explain exactly how you get the glitch?  (like step by step)

its only a training mode bug right? when giving back life again.
Yeah, its only in training mode mostly. Here's how I got it:

1. Hit Ryu once using the opponent.
2. Wait for the game to reach full health for Ryu.
3. Hit opponent once using Ryu.
4. First Attack then comes up.

BC

#17  September 13, 2009, 01:54:30 am
    • UK
its not giving me a glitch, as i said i fixed it... you sure you have the latest update?  or not overwritten one of them.

in FF test mode, i hit p1 using opponent, first attack appeared....i pressed space (debug on) to give back health then hit p2 with ryu and nothing appeared.
Accepting commissions
#18  September 13, 2009, 05:04:21 am
    • USA

its not giving me a glitch, as i said i fixed it... you sure you have the latest update?  or not overwritten one of them.

in FF test mode, i hit p1 using opponent, first attack appeared....i pressed space (debug on) to give back health then hit p2 with ryu and nothing appeared.
Of course I have the latest update. I downloaded it today.

I have never tried the thing you did, I probably tried getting the bug by something else. Maybe I'll post a video of it if I have the time.

BC

#19  September 13, 2009, 02:28:32 pm
    • UK
"I have never tried the thing you did, I probably tried getting the bug by something else.

"1. Hit Ryu once using the opponent.
2. Wait for the game to reach full health for Ryu.
3. Hit opponent once using Ryu.
4. First Attack then comes up."

thats how you said you did it though.

i tried that, but number 2 i gave health back to p1..

do you mean you can do it in round 2?  (im a little confused as to what you mean)

a vid would be great if possible.
Accepting commissions
#20  September 14, 2009, 10:16:09 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I'm having the "1st attack" bug too.
As he said,in training mode, hit Ryu with P2, wait 2 seconds if you want. Hit the opponent with Ryu, and the "1st attack" sign will still appear.

You haven't applied Negative Edge in the update yet, either, as I can see. I'll be waiting for that. :)