YesNoOk

Supreme Sagat BETA 2.1 FIX 15 December NEW PAG.14 T.THRUSTS+ COUNTER SUPER (Read 337272 times)

Started by M206, June 26, 2017, 05:49:35 pm
Share this topic:
Supreme Sagat BETA 2.1 FIX 15 December NEW PAG.14 T.THRUSTS+ COUNTER SUPER
New #1  June 26, 2017, 05:49:35 pm
Hello everyone, I open a new 3d to keep the things clearer.

fixed a little command bug, download the 2.1 fix.

There are a loooooot of improvements from the june release, timings, sprites, ect..
I've added 3 different stances based on the distance, + the crouching sf3style one , and fixed the focus attack problem.
I've added a loooot of new moves, and improved the old ones. The main style is again tekken-ish.

Designed to be played on Mugen 1.0 or Mugen 1.1

What you have:

- A.I. by me (based on Jadeeye's one- thanks for the help)
- 230 palettes (i think i've added every original color possible, and every palette for dw sagat i found on the net, + much more custom colors);
- since it's based on DW style, you'll find max mode and not custom combo.
- variuos styles included, but it's more similar to a tekken-style combo system.
- since i'm not a code master, you'll find this project coding far from perfect, please be patient.. :) :)

A special thanks to @Trololo, he helped me a looooot of times in these months, without him this sagat wouldn't be as it is. MANY, MANY THANKS! :) :)

what's left to do.

add upper medium stance.
add upper crouching stance.
fix lev.3 super tiger avalache (there are still some bugs, hard to find the free time /will to).
Upgrade A.I. and include the new moves combo (this is more ore less the same of the june release).
Adding more different sounds from other games.

Commands:

Too long to write here, check the readme :P

to make long story short, to perform most of the new moves, you have to act like with a tekken char (mainly bruce irvin), with forward/backward commands included.

link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z7rscf7jjx39veo/_M206_SAGAT_beta_2.1.rar

Credits:

- Electbyte (Creators of Mugen)
- VirtuallTeck (creators of Fighter Factory)
- Divinewolf = For great char which I used as base for my one.
- every sagat author out there, i took something from every sagat i found: dw, Odb718, sepp, chuchoryu, zamtong, o ilusionista, Infinite/dragoon316, fido, memo, felicity, trololo, varo hades, byakko, zion(m.t.m) etc. etc.
- aldo, leon, meldo, s jetstream for their palettes.
- trololo, Odb718, chuchoryu, emphawk, Alexsin, memo for their help, support, and suggestion on forum and on youtube.
- All those who accompanied the project in the forums MFG even with only a single post or reply, all without exception.
- Surely i'm forgetting someone, let me know if i forgot to credit some of you, i'll upgrade this post.

enjoy, and all feedbacks are more than appreciated. ;) ;)
Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 05:02:46 pm by M206
Re: Sagat by M206
#2  June 26, 2017, 06:06:58 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Testing him right now, congrats on the release.
Lasagna
#3  June 26, 2017, 06:21:59 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I'm gonna DL this nw so can test when I get home of work, congrats dude!
#4  June 26, 2017, 06:42:11 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
My congratulations with release.
And already some feedback, even though there is a lots of things still needs to be polished...
-LVL3 Tiger Cross skips through KFG when done nearby.

------------------
And one more. Both sprites of Shock are corrupted.
Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 06:47:03 pm by Trololo
#5  June 26, 2017, 09:22:41 pm
lv.3 Tiger cross doesn't connect correctly when far away from a wall.
All versions of Tiger Assault use different hitsparks during the initial combo part. You'll understand b if you saw it yourself.

DB medium kick has is useless to follow up after because the opponent basically becomes invincible after it.
Also when Sagat is hit by it he recovers yet his air recover animation doesn't trigger.
That's what i've found so far.
Edit: The Tiger Cross thing was stage based sorry.
Also Fatal Tiger has the hitspark issue like Tiger Assault.
Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:56:29 pm by Memes never die
#6  June 26, 2017, 09:41:22 pm
Testing him right now, congrats on the release.

thanks! ;)

I'm gonna DL this nw so can test when I get home of work, congrats dude!

thanks! ;)

And already some feedback, even though there is a lots of things still needs to be polished...

------------------

thanks!! yes, you're right, there could be a lot of things to polish..
about lev3 T. cross, i've tested it with the tighets chars in my roster, but i don't have kung fu man, so it's possible.. -_-' i'll try to fix it.

about the shock sprites, i didn't noticed it.. i'll fix that too. ;)

lv.3 Tiger cross doesn't connect correctly when far away from a wall.
All versions of Tiger Assault use different hitsparks during the initial combo part. You'll understand b if you saw it yourself.

DB medium kick has is useless to follow up after because the opponent basically becomes invincible after it.
Also when Sagat is hit by it he recovers yet his air recover animation doesn't trigger.
That's what i've found so far.

could you make a video about the wrong connection when far away from a wall??
about the different hitsparks, yes, i know, i dind't knew how to change them,, so i've used the default mugen ones.

about the db mk (knee launcher), since i dind't wanted Sagat to peerform air combos, i choose to only let him perform an air throw after the launcher. ;)

thanks for your feedbacks. ;)
#7  June 26, 2017, 11:02:14 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
whenever he has palette selector on, it doesn't have a sound to be added whenever you select a palette before pressing start

some supers don't have the sound effects whenever he starts performing some supers particularly the level 2 and level 3 supers
Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:00:36 am by drewski90
#8  June 27, 2017, 02:04:06 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Congrats on the release man! I'll definitely going to try out!  :thumbsup:
#9  June 27, 2017, 06:31:56 am
this guy is too dope
#10  June 27, 2017, 07:20:48 am
a really great take on Sagat, the combo on MP the last hit wiffs on it and its OP tbh, and a LOT of debug flood.
#11  June 27, 2017, 11:07:46 am

------------------

ok, i've tried the lv.3 t.cross with KFM, but i didn't noticed the problem..which version of mugen are you using?

then i've "fixed" the shock sprites.. but since my palette color slot were alredy full, i've used some fx effects colors, so the shock effect will be different dependig on the palettes, but i think it's acceptable. ;)

in the meanwhile, i've added shock effect on tiger waves and on tiger storm final part.. what do you think?? i'm not sure about keep that on tiger waves..

fixed midnight bliss too:

but i've found that, depending from which demitri you use, the M.B. animation can get some issues..

what is the default demitri to use to prepare the correct M.B.??
#12  June 27, 2017, 11:09:34 am
Congrats on the release man! I'll definitely going to try out!  :thumbsup:

many thanks, i'll wait for your feedbacks! ;)

whenever he has palette selector on, it doesn't have a sound to be added whenever you select a palette before pressing start

some supers don't have the sound effects whenever he starts performing some supers particularly the level 2 and level 3 supers

yes, thanks, maybe there are still some sound effects issues, i'll fix them asap. ;)

this guy is too dope

i take this as a compliment, thanks ;)

a really great take on Sagat, the combo on MP the last hit wiffs on it and its OP tbh, and a LOT of debug flood.

thanks for your FB, at which combo MP are you referring to?? ;)

#13  June 27, 2017, 11:41:32 am
when you mash middle punch. just it nothing else.
#14  June 27, 2017, 11:43:10 am
    • USA
Do you have an sff pre-custom sprites? Or did you only CS your custom stuff? I honestly just wanted this CS without all the custom sprites, but it seems like you removed all the old stuff.

As far as feedback, I'd say some animations are more consistent than others, while some just look plain jank(not smooth/choppy). When you said "ultimate" I had the wrong idea, a lot of this stuff is head canon, but that's cool as well, probably took you forever. Congrats on release.

Omg lol at that lvl3 I just watched the video haha overkill.
#15  June 27, 2017, 12:15:11 pm
when you mash middle punch. just it nothing else.

uhm, you mean MP thousand tiger, right?? maybe it could happen that the last hit doesn't connect when you catch the opponent in air..

Do you have an sff pre-custom sprites? Or did you only CS your custom stuff? I honestly just wanted this CS without all the custom sprites, but it seems like you removed all the old stuff.

As far as feedback, I'd say some animations are more consistent than others, while some just look plain jank(not smooth/choppy). When you said "ultimate" I had the wrong idea, a lot of this stuff is head canon, but that's cool as well, probably took you forever. Congrats on release.

Omg lol at that lvl3 I just watched the video haha overkill.

no sorry, i don't have CS pre-custom sprites.. as you said, only with my custom stuff. thanks for your feedback, i don't know what you mean with " a lot of this stuff is head canon", since i've modified/added almost all moves, normals/specials/supers + all the custom ones, and i've completely changed the fighting style of sagat.. yes, it took me more than a year, thanks!! :) yes, that Lv3 super is the craziest.. :D :D

#16  June 28, 2017, 02:16:23 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
So, I need a legitimate explanation on this 'cause it's killing me: why are there 230 palettes? It's a big bald guy that wears shorts. I'm sure even 6 palettes are too many for him. XD
Have you tried "Season 2" Kitty yet?

http://mugenguild.com/forum/senri-project.421
#17  June 28, 2017, 08:01:43 am
So, I need a legitimate explanation on this 'cause it's killing me: why are there 230 palettes? It's a big bald guy that wears shorts. I'm sure even 6 palettes are too many for him. XD

:D :D :D just for the fun of make them. ;) ;)
#18  June 29, 2017, 04:45:59 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I also like how sagat has joe higashi's moves which make sense considering that both sagat and joe higashi specialize in muay thai
#19  June 29, 2017, 09:17:34 am
thanks man, yes, it was one of my goals, to add more realistic muay thai moves. ;)

in the meanwhile i've fixed:

- shocking sprites
- air t. shot 30° bug (thanks to @jadeeye)
- fixed tiger cross superpause sounds (thanks to @jadeeye)
- fixed some supers poweradd (forget to implement max mode on them -_-')
- improved shocking effects on tiger waves and tiger storm/lv.3 assault (added lightings thanks to P.O.T.S./Mr.Ansatsuken Ryu)

things left to do:

- fix more sounds effects (in particular on tiger waves)

thanks. ;)

download link updated in 1st post. ;)

Re: Sagat by M206 fix 29.06
#20  June 29, 2017, 03:09:13 pm
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Some feedback:
-The hitboxes for many of his attacks need major adjustments. There's infinite priority everywhere.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

- His run is way to slow and way too sluggish. I get that it's Sagat, but it feels like I'm using Hugo or something.

- His Dash Punch attack looks really awkward, I'd suggest changing to to something else. To add, his slow run speed makes his Dash Attacks really inconvenient to use.

- The Focus Attack and Dash Kick attack play a hitsound noise even if they don't hit.

- The high jump goes way too far up, imo, and doesn't have any sound effects.

- His super where he throws the opponent to the wall before kicking them to finish it, if done too close to the wall the last kick will end up whiffing. I'd suggest coding the whole move up as a custom state.

- I think you should prune some of his palettes. He has a bunch of duplicates with minimal change.

- You should add a counter to the palette selector so that the user can tell which color is highlighted.