Sf3 Custom Akuma (Read 9096 times)

Started by javier5_7, February 02, 2013, 04:06:55 am
Share this topic:
Sf3 Custom Akuma
#1  February 02, 2013, 04:06:55 am
this is my first char :), its almost complete, all basic things done
sry for no screens or vids, download it and try please

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tk5foz

will keep updating it if you give me nice feedback :)
Re: Sf3 Custom Akuma
#2  February 02, 2013, 03:01:42 pm
    • Ukraine
Screen

#3  February 02, 2013, 05:12:42 pm
ty for screens, some feedback would be nice too
#4  February 02, 2013, 06:19:29 pm
    • USA
I'll probably post a video on some of oddities I found in your akuma. But why is the parry system so loose? like holding forward can parry and why does he have a instant way to dodge after a parry? Also infinite with D,D,P attack.

EDIT: might have jumped the gun with that attack being a inf, it seems you added a juggle limit for that move. Currently though it takes way too much damage for such a long range move. As it stands this character feels like akuma from sf3 with mugen standards and edited moves from various other characters.

CLSN's also need work

I test characters in my free time because it's fun.
Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:35:57 pm by robosaiyuk
#5  February 02, 2013, 09:46:39 pm
#6  February 02, 2013, 11:13:03 pm
  • Check out my Podcast!
  • So inactive it's depressing ...
    • USA
    • Skype - NessTheAvatar
    • www.youtube.com/user/NessTheAvatar
Really excited to try him out, other than the flaws that have been noted already, I'll try to have a good feedback log up, Akuma is my favorite character after all :)
#7  February 03, 2013, 07:43:54 am
    • mugen.wikia.com/wiki/The_MUGEN_Database
Screen

kind of pointless to have a screen shot since its just akuma nothing to special in the way he looks that dont make him different from all the 10,000,000 other akuma  out there already

ty for screens, some feedback would be nice too

as for some real feedback he seem to get stuck at times and there no way to cancel it out unless he gets hit not sure if anyone else has this problem
#8  February 03, 2013, 09:13:42 am
so...
fixlist is, ground punch to be able to hit just 1 time so no loop, the stand light punch air vel so he cant do like the posted vid here (ty for that)
looping air throws, and more i guess, removing that strange black aura i made for fun(testing) only

need some ideas for attacks to add to him, the fire after shun goku satsu soon to have a nicer effect than sf3 one (at least blurred), he already has an AI dunno if anyone tried in watch mode

as for some real feedback he seem to get stuck at times and there no way to cancel it out unless he gets hit not sure if anyone else has this problem

explain yourself please, benmore specific so i can fix it
this guy is also my first char so... :)

Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:20:02 am by javier5_7
#9  February 03, 2013, 09:18:44 am
  • I will absolve you of your original colors.
    • www.bluehitbox.com
It's not standard procedure for every attack to be able to hit downed opponents. OTG attacks are usually universal mechanics performed by a certain command, like in Dark Stalkers or Red Earth, or, it's bound to one character that has a certain attack that allows them to hit downed opponents.

This is because hitting downed opponents makes an on the ground opponent who is already at a disadvantage, have an even bigger disadvantage which could cause them the match. It's a super cheap shot and even OTG hitting moves should have a short window of opportunity.

Standard fighting game procedure, not sure if you care or not.

Also, is this an edit of an existing character? I'm not sure because I looked through the def and the name didn't match yours here. Wanted to know if you built it from the ground up or not. =p
#10  February 03, 2013, 09:24:53 am
It's not standard procedure for every attack to be able to hit downed opponents. OTG attacks are usually universal mechanics performed by a certain command, like in Dark Stalkers or Red Earth, or, it's bound to one character that has a certain attack that allows them to hit downed opponents.

This is because hitting downed opponents makes an on the ground opponent who is already at a disadvantage, have an even bigger disadvantage which could cause them the match. It's a super cheap shot and even OTG hitting moves should have a short window of opportunity.

Also, is this an edit of an existing character? I'm not sure because I looked through the def and the name didn't match yours here. Wanted to know if you built it from the ground up or not. =p

you could breath a little you know? and the def name are my initials, wich i prefer not to post in here :P
aaand, no, i dont care about it :) (yes i do, will check it out later) ty for trying it out anyways
#11  February 03, 2013, 01:50:56 pm
If you activate Custom Combo and then you do Crouch Strong Punch, jump and repeat strong punch or strong kick in the air you can kill the enemy fast (not in the corner).
#12  February 03, 2013, 03:32:50 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Looks impressive. I'll hey him out later, bro. Thanks for sharing.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#13  February 03, 2013, 04:41:30 pm
    • USA

you could breath a little you know? and the def name are my initials, wich i prefer not to post in here :P
aaand, no, i dont care about it :) (yes i do, will check it out later) ty for trying it out anyways

Why wouldn't you care? if you don't care about fighting game standards or at the very least don't apply the simple element's that stem from fighting game mechanics do you think anyone is gonna care to download your character?

Human beings sense when others are not sincere and the same rings true for developers.

EDIT: It's early in the morning and I read your post script about you actually caring, unfortunately it was after I wrote my post. Sue me
I test characters in my free time because it's fun.