YesNoOk

SF4 Influenced Gouken HUGE FX UPDATE!! GO SEE IT NAO!! (Read 38693 times)

Started by bloodriotiori, September 22, 2009, 07:20:45 am
Share this topic:
SF4 Influenced Gouken HUGE FX UPDATE!! GO SEE IT NAO!!
#1  September 22, 2009, 07:20:45 am
This video does not contain ingame sounds because snagit is HOMOGAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utK0vJIYdrI  (i don't know how to embed on this site, sorry :( If anyone does then let me know)

Well i'm finally setting him free, there are still a few things that need to be done.  I've included a TO-DO list in his files just so you know which ones i am aware of :)  Please carefully read this before listing any issues, and do not tell me he can't combo, because i know for a fact he can, so experimenting is your friend people :D

This character is NOT meant to be sf4 accurate.  He has goukens sf4 moveset, with my own tweaks and touches to make him more to my liking, so do NOT expect character accuracy (that goes to any of you elitists looking for something to whine about).

Gouken does NOT have AI yet, so don't expect a good fight or challenge, he's mainly for player use ATM.  AI will come with time, i'd rather work out any bugs you guys find and those i know need done before i worry about AI.

Gouken is missing his independant dive kick (not from a demon flip) and his overhead atm, i may or may not add them in, as his standing close hard kick acts as an overhead, and i think free dive kicks are spammy and unnessicary, so we shall see.

Please post any and all feedback (post respectfully or i will not hesitate to get mods invovled, i am in no mood for shinanigans) that you find, any bug reports, anything you like, dont' like, ect, and i'll do my best to cover all nessicary fixes and touchups over time :)  Make sure you make a folder called GoukenSF4 before you unzip him, lest you have files all over the place lol.

Hopefully you guys enjoy him, i put alot of work into this edit and plan on putting even more in later :D

If i missed ANYONE in the credits, then let me know and i will update them with your name immediately :D

GETZ HIM HERE!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/au02xj

http://www.4shared.com/file/134470133/230961eb/GoukenSF4.html
Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:10:35 pm by bloodriotiori
Re: SF4 Influenced Gouken released :D
#2  September 22, 2009, 07:47:28 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
yo change your icon for the thread.

acouple things i found trying him out:
theres no grab sound
you have to be at super close range to grab someone(even when his hand is extended towards p2, nothing)
both ex and normal focus attack at there strongest dont send p2 falling
the command for the shinshoryuken hypers are wrong
clsn is bad, like real bad dude you need to redue them big time.
air guard sparks are mugen default hitsparks  ???

congrats on the release dude.

MDI

#3  September 22, 2009, 07:50:05 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
ey
#4  September 22, 2009, 07:58:10 am
  • because MUGEN is too mainstream
    • newagemugen.pro-forums.ca/
just use FRAPS. Anyways nice release. Work on the csln's and hitboxes a bit more.
#5  September 22, 2009, 08:14:28 am
yo change your icon for the thread.

acouple things i found trying him out:
theres no grab sound
you have to be at super close range to grab someone(even when his hand is extended towards p2, nothing)
both ex and normal focus attack at there strongest dont send p2 falling
the command for the shinshoryuken hypers are wrong
clsn is bad, like real bad dude you need to redue them big time.
air guard sparks are mugen default hitsparks  ???

congrats on the release dude.

same response as in MI :)

hmm i'll look into the grab, i can usually grab them but it might be character dependant, but i'll see about extending the grab range.  Now for the back throw, in sf4 you have to be pretty close if i'm not mistaken, but i'll double check this and increase the range a little bit.  I mention in the TO-DO list about gouken gethit sounds, i'll make sure i add in a grab sound too, thanks for pointing that out.

oh i should have mentioned that the inputs for the commands are not sf4 accurate either.  For some reason when i tried that, some of the commands wouldn't work :/  probably just something stupid that can be fixed but meh, you're welcome to adjust the commands to your preference, i've gotten so used to them now that they don't bother me

I swear to god the clsns should be just fine, unless AGAIN they didn't save properly, which is what happened last time i released him -_-  could you please take some screen shots of the particularly bad ones so i can work these out, cause i swear i thought i got most of them taken care of.

I'm not ashamed to admit, that i don't know how to make a crumple state for the focus attacks xD  So i went with this method instead.  I'm sure it's once again just something simple i could learn, but upon starting to code him again after my horrible HD crash where i had to go back and get a really old version of him and start over, i lost my desire to learn coding and i've just been slowly updating since :/  I'll look into it though

Ah shit on the block sparks lol, i knew i forgot to update something for the sparks lol, i'll definately take care of that one ;)  Thanks for the feedback and thanks for the congrats

I also got your other post, i have NO idea what's causing that green box to show up?!?!  Do you happen to know, and if so how the heck do i fix that?

You're probably right MDI :(  Lol, it's been a year since i've had snagit, and frankly i don't remember xD

I've heard Fraps is good, but which version should i get, and is there a cracked version out there?
#6  September 22, 2009, 11:45:46 am
OFF TOPIC:
If you have Vista you won't be able to record sound like you could before I had this problem as well. MS disabled stereo mix and wave out according to them to stop piracy. Their are ways around it, what I do is use another program to record sound and then match up the video and audio later with another program.
Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:54:09 am by bigdave629
#7  September 22, 2009, 05:09:31 pm
OFF TOPIC:
If you have Vista you won't be able to record sound like you could before I had this problem as well. MS disabled stereo mix and wave out according to them to stop piracy. Their are ways around it, what I do is use another program to record sound and then match up the video and audio later with another program.

nope no Vista here :)

More feedbackz guys, i need as much as i can get :D
#8  September 22, 2009, 05:32:39 pm
#9  September 22, 2009, 05:57:29 pm
its like this thread was about snagit and not the actual character..

-from watching the video i can see that you implemented the sf4 gauge (well its not 100% accurate but still looks cool)
-you implemented his sf4 moves!! which is cool..especially his Tatsumaki Gorasen which imo is his best special move
-all in all this is a pretty nice character!!!
Nothing Is here
#10  September 22, 2009, 06:46:06 pm
its like this thread was about snagit and not the actual character..

-from watching the video i can see that you implemented the sf4 gauge (well its not 100% accurate but still looks cool)
-you implemented his sf4 moves!! which is cool..especially his Tatsumaki Gorasen which imo is his best special move
-all in all this is a pretty nice character!!!

lol ya staying on track is important ;)

- well as with alot of my stuff, i had help on that meter heh.  It's close enough imo and i like the way it works and looks :)
- my goal here was infact to do his entire sf4 moveset (cept for those few moves i mentioned), but make them work in my own way :D  The pros to this are that he is very very unique now :D  The downside is that it makes alot of his moves miss after his back throw, but oh well lol.  Ya i love his Tatsus, especially the EX version i made so long ago, the wall bounce = win xD

if you find any issues be sure to post them here :D
#11  September 22, 2009, 06:54:07 pm
    • Peru
Nice job from what I can see, will test him out as soon as I get home.

Sorry for not helping you out with the bearhug throw though. :(
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#12  September 22, 2009, 07:09:00 pm
Badass, he even has the SF4 gauge.  Nice work!
#13  September 22, 2009, 07:38:02 pm
Badass, he even has the SF4 gauge.  Nice work!

you can thank Jago and wing0 for that :D  I'm not ashamed to admit i had quite a bit of help with this project, but ultimately it's the finished project that matters :)  It's like  took the beset stuff from different people that they had to offer me and combined it into one character :D  The end result is pretty nice imo :)  You could almost call this a group project in a way heh.

And sounds good ESFAndy, it's cool though, drago helped me so it's all good :D
#14  September 22, 2009, 07:40:55 pm
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/
What'd the difference between elexus's and yours... Look like twins  :S
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly
#15  September 22, 2009, 07:50:20 pm
#16  September 22, 2009, 08:13:14 pm
  • Be romantic, my friend.
    • Germany
Why is nobody mentioning that epic SF4 intro??

It´s SUPERB!

:sugoi:
#17  September 22, 2009, 08:20:58 pm
  • because MUGEN is too mainstream
    • newagemugen.pro-forums.ca/
#18  September 23, 2009, 05:22:51 am
Why is nobody mentioning that epic SF4 intro??

It´s SUPERB!

:sugoi:

well like i mentioned on MSN, you can thank Jnxc for that :D I gave him the idea and he produced something epic :)

I actually found a registered Fraps 2.9.8 the other night thanks to my friend DV, so hopefully i can get it to somehow record a windowed game, and then get better vids :)
#19  September 23, 2009, 05:27:36 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
if you fix the things i mentioned, and other feedback aswell i can see this character show its true potential, lol its already the best gouken out  :)
#20  September 23, 2009, 06:32:03 am
if you fix the things i mentioned, and other feedback aswell i can see this character show its true potential, lol its already the best gouken out  :)

do you happen to have MSN or AIM?  It'd be much easier to talk on there :)  I actually have a few issues that i can't figure out on my own so some extra help would be fantastic :D