YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734145 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#261  June 17, 2018, 10:50:22 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
More music on Midgar would be wonderful, but that's up to Square. Maybe some Bravely Default music?

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#262  June 17, 2018, 11:21:11 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Just popping in to say Snake lost his iconic ass and Capt. Falcon and Ganon lost their glorious bulges. Otherwise an awesome game.

Ok bye.
#263  June 17, 2018, 01:45:32 pm
I'm fine with more music. But when do we get custom music? I can put my music and anything I want. If some PS4 games can, why not Smash Bros?
Re: Super Smash Bros for Switch
#264  June 17, 2018, 05:05:53 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Was Snake always an ass-man?

Never seem to notice that, or maybe he's just a pervert.
That's how he recognized Meryl.

Heh, the more you know...

Still, I wonder why women didn't slap him for that?

I'm fine with more music. But when do we get custom music? I can put my music and anything I want. If some PS4 games can, why not Smash Bros?

Because then you have to figure out a way to put the music into the system and the only way I saw that the Switch can gain files from a computer is with an SD card.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#265  June 17, 2018, 05:32:37 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Alright, say you only had 5 more newcomers. Who would "You" want to see?

Mine;
- King K. Rool. (DK)
- Dixie Kong. (DK)
- Lip. (Panel De Pon)
- Black Shadow. (F-Zero)
- Isaac or Geno. (Golden Sun/Super Mario RPG)
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#266  June 17, 2018, 09:37:29 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
We're not getting custom music anytime soon because:
1. To stop hacking.  There's a reason they've been trying to stop us from loading our own files for the Switch.

2. To give people a reason to buy stage DLC that has their favourite song in it.

You'll just have to wait until the modding scene manages to get their hands on Smash 5.
#267  June 17, 2018, 10:39:15 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
There's only one newcomer I'm now looking forward to, and Nintendo themselves let the news slip.

It's Mr. Saturn's time to get promoted from an item to a playable character.
Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 03:31:52 am by Long John Killer
#268  June 18, 2018, 03:18:28 am
    • Mexico
I'm looking forward to all the new music this game will offer. Vega and Wood Man remixes make me want more.
Also, Vergeben (the guy that claims Simon will come) says there's at least six newcomers coming to the game:
said:
I heard that at minimum, there are at least a half dozen characters still to be revealed. But I don't know who any of them outside of Simon are yet.
Seems reasonable to me. 8 new characters in base game fits with the statement of "don't expect a lot of newcomers."
#269  June 18, 2018, 04:01:44 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I hope to some more soundtracks in there and hopefully include the main themes from the other 4 titles. I'm surprised Vega has a remixed theme for Smash. I wonder if they have one for Bison as well. We got Ken's though despite it's exclusive to Smash Wii U.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#270  June 18, 2018, 04:12:20 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
so i guess for each month there'll be one newcomer
#271  June 18, 2018, 04:13:23 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I'm surprised Vega has a remixed theme for Smash. I wonder if they have one for Bison as well. We got Ken's though despite it's exclusive to Smash Wii U.

It's probably because now that Suzaku Castle isn't DLC anymore they can't get away with just a DLC-level amount of music for it.  Or the additional Street Fighter content means that Ken is Ryu's Echo Fighter.

Ooh, that makes me realize that the Great Bay stage means we're gonna get a ton of new arranged Majora's Mask music.  Please give me Stone Tower Temple and Bremen March.
#272  June 18, 2018, 04:22:34 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Alright, say you only had 5 more newcomers. Who would "You" want to see?

Mine;
- King K. Rool. (DK)
- Dixie Kong. (DK)
- Lip. (Panel De Pon)
- Black Shadow. (F-Zero)
- Isaac or Geno. (Golden Sun/Super Mario RPG)

Hmm mine would be:

Miles "Tails" Prower (Sonic)
Wreck-It Ralph
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon
Agumon (Digimon)
#273  June 18, 2018, 05:04:56 am
    • USA
Not that I expect Namco's first choice as a rep to be Digimon, though it would admittingly be kinda cool to see, wouldn't WarGreymon make more sense?  About human sized, like Charizard, more diverse movepool, established rivalry, has something that would work as a Final Smash, is a dragon and dragons make money. (An undeniable truth)

I wouldn't be against Ken showing up either, Ken's awesome and his stage/theme is all the more so, though if anyone else in Street Fighter deserves to show it sure as hell should be Chun-Li.  I just want to see how diverse the echo fighters get from their established bases.  Especially with Ken, seeing how he's evolved into his own being over time and isn't "just" Ryu in red anymore.
Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:12:04 am by Long John Killer
#274  June 18, 2018, 05:15:13 am
    • USA
I wouldn't expect too much variety from echo fighters.  If we're going off of the basis of Lucina, Dark Pit, and Daisy, they're going to have to be A) Physically similar enough that they can just hang the new model on top of the original characters' rig and animations, and B) Would believably use the exact same moves as the base character.    Villager => Isabelle is the most drastic departure I can see happening, but they'll probably be closer to Olimar => Louie or Bayonetta => Jeanne.
#275  June 18, 2018, 05:35:36 am
    • USA
My expectations aren't that high for them to be too different, I just hope there's something more to them than being glorified character skins with their own slots.  All I really ask for is they change the B moves.  Keep the A moves, that's fine and probably preferable for most of them, but as is they're still too similar for my tastes.
#276  June 18, 2018, 06:29:41 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
If anyone else in Street Fighter deserves to show it sure as hell should be Chun-Li.

Chun-Li could become a candidate due to being the first fighting female character in fighting video game history. But then Capcom will hold the bizarre distinction of being 2nd in number of fighting candidates represented by a 3rd party, though somebody will correct me on that statement largely because of the Nintendo IP ID discrepancy. This basically means companies like Creatures/Game Freak (who run the Pokemon franchise) are technically a part of Nintendo, therefore not considered 3rd party. Still, it's weird.

I have a hunch Waluigi's getting in, his fan support is pouring and increasing in volume.

Agree with the crowd on Simon Belmont. Could his Final Smash be the Greatest Five Dual Crush from Portrait Of Ruin?

By the way, GameFAQs had this up in the polls today: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/poll/7115-if-you-could-convince-nintendo-to-just-put-one-more
#277  June 18, 2018, 06:48:11 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I just read some info regarding the assist trophies and noticed that Midna and Ghirahim are among those that can be defeated as well as Lyn. So far only 9 have been confirmed to be totally invulnerable and more than one assist trophy can be summoned now. Guess I'll be doing Smash battles with Assist Trophies, X-Bombs and Smart Bombs.

Not hopeful for Waluigi though cuz the number of fighters we're getting is satisfying enough. If he's doomed as an Assist only so be it, he'll forever be doomed.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#278  June 18, 2018, 09:33:09 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Is it wrong that I think Bomberman being an Assist Trophy was the best way to implement him? He lays bombs and runs away, which works perfectly for this sort of thing.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#279  June 18, 2018, 10:17:13 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
I wouldn't expect too much variety from echo fighters.  If we're going off of the basis of Lucina, Dark Pit, and Daisy, they're going to have to be A) Physically similar enough that they can just hang the new model on top of the original characters' rig and animations, and B) Would believably use the exact same moves as the base character.    Villager => Isabelle is the most drastic departure I can see happening, but they'll probably be closer to Olimar => Louie or Bayonetta => Jeanne.
So...would you think that Dark Samus and Shadow being Echo Fighters in Smash Bros Ultimate would be plausible (when ignoring certain unwritten "rules", of course and only focus on the two points you mentioned).
Because technically speaking, Shadow was just a Sonic clone in Sonic Adventure 2, and so far, Shadow is completely absent from the game (Knuckles seems to be replacing Shadow as the Assist Trophy character), and not only seems the Dark Samus Assist Trophy to be absent, but also Samus' Dark Samus palette (it got replaced with a brand new palette).
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#280  June 18, 2018, 12:46:05 pm
    • USA
Conceivably, yeah.  I don't think either of them would be a good idea considering people's reactions to Dark Pit last time, but yes they would be totally plausible echo fighters.

Tails could also work as an echo fighter of Sonic, I think.  They're built more or less the same and all of Sonic's moves are from the Genesis games, where Tails can do everything that he can.