YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 744591 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1261  December 09, 2018, 05:34:47 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public

There is a "challenger approaching" (I think that is what it's called) option at the bottom right of one of the menu, the one where classic is located.
#1262  December 09, 2018, 05:59:32 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Games and more. Ah this is making the experience much more enjoyable! I was starting to regret the purchase!
#1263  December 09, 2018, 06:13:52 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
once you get someone with a really good kill move just focusing on hitting them with it, the matches will go really fast like that, because even though the ai is good it doesnt really pick up on patterns like a human player

also dont forget to shield, people never shield against the ais for some reason lol
#1264  December 09, 2018, 08:04:43 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#1265  December 09, 2018, 08:08:49 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
It didn’t have a cool down till I rematched every char I’d lost to in a challenge. That was a lot considering the losses my kid had while playing so a racked up a ton of chars. Finally have a few I wanted!
#1266  December 09, 2018, 08:33:39 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So is King K. Rool insanely good or does the AI just not know how to counter him?  It feels like he’s got a ton of really easy setups and moves that are reliable KOs at low percentage.
#1267  December 09, 2018, 08:45:19 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
So is King K. Rool insanely good or does the AI just not know how to counter him?  It feels like he’s got a ton of really easy setups and moves that are reliable KOs at low percentage.

It's AI, cause some people say that the AI can't handle Yoshi when he does his down special over and over again. K. Rool has stuff but it's very telegraphed, he's in the same spot as Ganondorf in my opinion, strong but can't handle speedy fighters.
#1268  December 10, 2018, 12:44:17 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I'm so confused... I had a very very tough time with Challenger AI last night and this morning, the AI was suddenly weaker and I managed to unlock Lucina, Wario and Ridley. Does the AI itself reset from crazy-as-hell to weak as time progresses throughout the next day or something?

Also...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1269  December 10, 2018, 01:03:16 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
People have reported that they had similar things happen to them, me and my cousin included. It might be smart AI, or it really does become easier if you fail to beat them.

#1270  December 10, 2018, 01:20:32 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
#1271  December 10, 2018, 01:39:34 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#1272  December 10, 2018, 02:00:10 am
  • I've finally got a yellow star!
    • UK
    • txpotstuff.wordpress.com/
I'm having a horrible time with this game, and it's not just because of the A.I, its the way the game's system was changed.

Smash attacks on a weakened foe doesn't feel as satisfying as it does in previous games. For some reason, you can hit an opponent, they travel in a direction of like 80 miles an hour, and then their velocity basically stops halfway. This is especially jarring if the enemy is at a high enough percentage to be knocked around by a simple tilt attack or similar, because it would seem as if they were warped to that predicted point of stopping all launch velocity.

It's made worse when you realise the game designers got the idea to use the effects of Little Mack's KO gimmick on every attack, even if it doesn't KO them. For example, I/enemy could do an attack, a little scene plays of the victim being smashed, they're sent flying, a small screen shows where they are as they're disappearing from view...and they aren't KO'd. What was the problem? Were they at a high amount of percentage before this? Did they manage to tech a wall/ceiling/floor as they're sent flying to negate the entire launch? Did they bounce around "hard" platforms too many times to be counted out, despite the game predicting that I would knock them out? Are you that bad at this game that you can't smash a Kirby at 137.6% into the stratosphere because he was holding the joystick in the opposite direction, preventing him from being KO'd? It's all this that makes the game feel broken, since lighter characters are suddenly more tanky than they should be.

Long story short, if I smash you across the arena, complete with the little cutscene of being smashed, you should be KO'd.

Also, as far as I remember, Samus is meant to be super slim, enough to be flexible and morph into a ball inside her suit. You gave her a huge ass that makes it impossible to imagine it being done.
#1273  December 10, 2018, 02:03:22 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
It is called "balloon knockback" in the community. Supposedly, this change in launch physics is to make follow-ups much more difficult to perform due to the warpspeed launch and instant deceleration.

One look at that jarring destruction of physics is enough to turn me off. I don't get how people keep playing smoothly after all of that. I would keep taunting because "that move should have killed".
Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 02:07:00 am by MR. IBZS II
#1274  December 10, 2018, 02:43:50 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
The little mac KO effect also showed even if it didn't kill back in Smash 4.

Final Strike effects are pretty much based on the same way the game determines when a Death Spark effect appears.  If it happens, then that means your opponent will die without DI.  If they survived, that means they were able to DI the attack.

It's also important to note how blastzones seem to be increased in this go-around.  Something that might've killed in the previous games can now be survived due to the boundaries being further away.
#1275  December 10, 2018, 04:22:26 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
One look at that jarring destruction of physics is enough to turn me off. I don't get how people keep playing smoothly after all of that. I would keep taunting because "that move should have killed".

People like you are the reason the phrase "taunt to get bodied" exists.

Honestly, I like the knockback and recovery speed in this game better than in Sm4sh.  Last time around the game was so floaty that unless you were playing heavyweight it felt like you spent 50% of the match just trying to get back to the ground.  Ultimate really lets you get back in the fight a lot faster.
#1276  December 10, 2018, 11:42:40 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
In case there's anyone like me wondering why inputs are coming out long after you've stopped doing that input (for instance, roll dodging more times than you intended), anime villain Leffen has shed some light on the situation.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1277  December 10, 2018, 12:18:24 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
It is called "balloon knockback" in the community. Supposedly, this change in launch physics is to make follow-ups much more difficult to perform due to the warpspeed launch and instant deceleration.

I think this just means you're a sore loser.
#1278  December 11, 2018, 01:08:30 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I'm guessing the AI does reset from strong to weak. My final 2 challengers (Palutena and Bayonetta) were easy to beat cuz their AI wasn't hardcore this morning. With this, I have EVERY SINGLE fighter unlocked and boy do I love Smashing 8 Player style!

lui

#1279  December 11, 2018, 01:12:45 am
    • USA
Long story short, if I smash you across the arena, complete with the little cutscene of being smashed, you should be KO'd.

It's not a complete guarantee every single time. Sometimes, if that happens there is always a small chance of recovering. Its happened to me alot and it's not the system being broken or anything
#1280  December 11, 2018, 02:29:20 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Ok, took a little while but now I got my copy of the game.  Yay.  Just starting it up now, downloaded the update, got Piranha Plant, all that jazz.  Just going over options now.  Something stood out to me that I don't think people brought up yet, might mean nothing anyways.  But when setting up an online profile Smash tag, they have numerous icons to pick from, everyone assorted into their sections by game and relevance to Smash.  And at the very bottom, below all the franchises and Smash-only content, they have Lip, Chorus Kids, that polygonal head that shoots at you that's not Andross and Shantae.

Could be nothing more than options for popular characters that didn't get any farther than being made into stickers in the actual game and me looking too deep into something not even 10 minutes into the game, but that alone I find interesting that they did that to these four and not others, three of which often rank high in DLC polls.  Especially with previous game's data for Chorus Kids being a potential playable character and the upswell in people wanting Shantae to be playable.

Also the piano rendition of the game's World of Light theme song that you get at the victory screen starts to sound a lot like the Howl's Moving Castle theme after a bit, and that just tickles my funny bone.
Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 02:55:41 am by Long John Killer