YesNoOk

Terry Bogard (Read 15541 times)

Started by CrazyKyubey, May 31, 2015, 11:21:17 pm
Share this topic:
Terry Bogard
#1  May 31, 2015, 11:21:17 pm
  • Runnin' Down A Dream
    • USA
DISCLAIMER: I don't claim a bug-free release (I never do) but I've been in a rush to get this guy out by the end of May so I haven't gotten the chance to test him much, and I haven't sent him to anyone else to do so. So that's why I'm just going to politely ask people to post any bugs they may find here and I will fix them as soon as I can. Y'all know the drill.

Screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Download

now i can go back into hiding again
Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:30:56 pm by CrazyKyubey
Re: Terry Bogard
#2  May 31, 2015, 11:26:30 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
I was not aware that you made chars in this style dude!!
I hope people will help you abotu bugs, I don't have too much time right now.
Thank you for the release!!!
AND DON'T HIDE OMAGAD! :)
#3  May 31, 2015, 11:27:45 pm
  • Runnin' Down A Dream
    • USA
I could almost be considered like the faux-pots progenitor alongside Jmorphman yo
#4  May 31, 2015, 11:28:44 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
This is nice, buddy I like it! :D
I'll work on portraits cause of you when I'll have more time. xD
#5  May 31, 2015, 11:51:05 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
If I wasn't lazy I'd post more, but have this.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#6  May 31, 2015, 11:56:12 pm
  • Runnin' Down A Dream
    • USA
Hey if you want to waste meter by doing that thing with EX Power Dunk be my guest. I left that in intentionally. You can only do it as much as you have meter, and just doing a juggle into super gets you more damage.

The blockstring loop thing with EX Power Wave I probably should fix.

Oh yeah I just remembered I forgot winquotes. That was dumb of me.
#7  June 01, 2015, 12:00:19 am
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
EX crackshot have a double scaled fx
#8  June 01, 2015, 12:03:15 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
snip
The supers (aside from Power Geyser) really don't do that much damage, tho. A single EX Power Dunk does as much as a Buster Wolf (131 damage) and the rest of the supers only do okayish damage esp with both lvl 2 supers whiffing in the corner.

For example: Fire Kick into Power Geyser does 276 damage. EX Power Dunk into EX Power Dunk into Power Dunk does 393 damage, just a bit more than Power Stream (389 damage).

The blockstring also works on hit but the Power Wave only does three hits so it's harder to land.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#9  June 01, 2015, 12:05:00 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
EX Crack Shoot's effect is double the size it should be
Power Dunk's command is QCF+K, which overlaps with Fire Kick's   
no voice during taunt
ocassionally, if Terry is positioned right, the third hit of Power Charge can whiff even if the previous two hits connected, due to pushback
the projectiles for Power/Triple Geyser, High Angle Geyser, and Power Stream have shadows
there's a debug flood during Power Stream (just a relatively harmless "expression truncated to integer" one, though)
#10  June 01, 2015, 12:13:57 am
    • Germany
In my opinion the knockback in custom combo mode is to strong. At least stronger than in any other character I know who is able to.
#11  June 01, 2015, 12:19:12 am
  • Runnin' Down A Dream
    • USA
there's a debug flood during Power Stream (just a relatively harmless "expression truncated to integer" one, though)

It doesn't seem to be showing up for me. I fixed everything else though, I'll upload it later today since I'm sure people will find more stuff.

snip
The supers (aside from Power Geyser) really don't do that much damage, tho. A single EX Power Dunk does as much as a Buster Wolf (131 damage) and the rest of the supers only do okayish damage esp with both lvl 2 supers whiffing in the corner.

For example: Fire Kick into Power Geyser does 276 damage. EX Power Dunk into EX Power Dunk into Power Dunk does 393 damage, just a bit more than Power Stream (389 damage).

The blockstring also works on hit but the Power Wave only does three hits so it's harder to land.

I'll have to think about how I want to go about changing that. Easiest way would just be to buff up the level 1 supers I suppose.
#12  June 01, 2015, 12:20:07 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
#13  June 01, 2015, 12:20:14 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Could always just limit the amount of bounces it can set up into. EX Power Dunk could always just do its thing once within a combo.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#14  June 01, 2015, 12:21:47 am
    • France
    • saga.3@hotmail.fr
First, thanks for Terry :). I really enjoy him. He has a bug on stand, a sort of "frozen stand", here is a picture that show it  :

You can't choose the direction when you do the "kick grab", one direction only : forward's one.
#15  June 01, 2015, 12:32:27 am
  • Runnin' Down A Dream
    • USA
Could always just limit the amount of bounces it can set up into. EX Power Dunk could always just do its thing once within a combo.

Easy enough.

EX Power Wave loop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujCYDRoPk5Q

His Close HK whiffs against a point-blank KFM.

He gives a debug message "No action 57" after landing from a jumping attack.

Should be fixed, or at least I can't do it anymore. I increased the startup on EX power wave significantly.

Looks like the rest of the day is gonna be pretty busy fixing this stuff. Can't say I didn't expect it though.
#16  June 01, 2015, 12:35:57 am
    • USA
His hurtboxes disappear in animation 5012 (I noticed when only the first hit of his close HP connected in a mirror match)
no intro with Ken :(
I feel like there should be a whoosh/whiff sound for the initial shoulder charge in High Angle Geyser, to give it a little more oomf
#17  June 01, 2015, 12:39:15 am
  • Runnin' Down A Dream
    • USA
His hurtboxes disappear in animation 5012 (I noticed when only the first hit of his close HP connected in a mirror match)
no intro with Ken :(
I feel like there should be a whoosh/whiff sound for the initial shoulder charge in High Angle Geyser, to give it a little more oomf

1. Already fixed that hitbox.
2. He has an intro with Warusaki's Ken (or at least he should), I didn't make it trigger on yours since I believe yours only triggers vs Vyn's Terry, or at least the code looks that way? We can fix that though!
3.You're probably right.
#18  June 01, 2015, 12:53:33 am
    • USA
I had actually tried it out on waru's Ken before, but it wasn't triggering, so I just checked and
[State 5900, Intro VS Ken]
type = changestate
triggerall = numenemy
triggerall = roundno = 1 || (!(enemy, roundsexisted) && !(teammode = simul) && !(enemy, teammode = simul))
trigger1 = enemy, name = "cvsterry" && enemy,authorname = "Warusaki3"
value = 192
which explains that ;P

I also updated Ken to trigger his side of his intro, just now
#19  June 01, 2015, 12:57:01 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
More problems with EX Power Wave. It doesn't disappear when blocked, except if it reaches the corner or if Terry jumps over the projectile.
#20  June 01, 2015, 01:08:23 am
  • Runnin' Down A Dream
    • USA
More problems with EX Power Wave. It doesn't disappear when blocked, except if it reaches the corner or if Terry jumps over the projectile.

Already fixed.

I had actually tried it out on waru's Ken before, but it wasn't triggering, so I just checked and
[State 5900, Intro VS Ken]
type = changestate
triggerall = numenemy
triggerall = roundno = 1 || (!(enemy, roundsexisted) && !(teammode = simul) && !(enemy, teammode = simul))
trigger1 = enemy, name = "cvsterry" && enemy,authorname = "Warusaki3"
value = 192
which explains that ;P

I also updated Ken to trigger his side of his intro, just now

Whoops! I guess that's what happens when you're too tired to do anything properly. I made the intro actually work and look correct now. Once again I'll upload/get JZ to upload it later today.