YesNoOk

Touhou: Incident Zero - idea engineering topic (Final Roster + Alpha build info) (Read 15556 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, February 10, 2017, 06:18:30 pm
Re: Touhou: Incident Zero - idea engineering topic (Story, Last Words & Roster)
#21  May 31, 2017, 11:25:43 pm
    • Netherlands
I'd want a character who hasn't appeared in THRP yet, I'd personally like Shinki but I'm also leaning toward Medicine because she's underrated
Re: Touhou: Incident Zero - idea engineering topic (Story, Last Words & Roster)
#22  August 17, 2017, 05:37:35 pm
  • Bitch Lasagna
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
So just realized I haven't posted anything new in a while so let me correct that.

First up, the final members of the roster: Momiji, Kasen, and a new character called Nameless, who I'll leave for a later time. this brings the final roster size to a total of 20.

Momiji's Unique Skill: White Wolf Guard

Pressing and holding will cause Momiji to guard with her shield. Unlike regular blocking, shielding an attack will prevent all damage done to Momiji but will drain her shield gauge the longer it is held out for; this gauge regenerates over time while Momiji is not shielding. If the shield gauge empties to 0, Momiji will be unable to shield for a limited time until the gauge is restored to full.

Head Admin of The Mugen Lab
Re: Touhou: Incident Zero - idea engineering topic (Roster + revisions)
#23  September 21, 2017, 10:57:02 pm
  • Bitch Lasagna
    • USA
So with Gensokyo Reloaded's roster nearing completion, I decided to take a look back at this.

First off, Medicine & Orin are being culled from the roster. The former mainly due to the fact that Aya, Momiji, Sanae, and Suwako are all in, totalling 4 MoF reps, while the latter due to the available sprites... not being as optimized as I thought they would be.

In their place, Hong Meiling will be added to the roster. She'll retain some elements from her GR counterpart, but will play slightly differently due to an idea that I had in mind that could work for her Unique Skill. That being said, she may very well be the first character to be worked on with a playable standalone release for testing purposes, just to show off the new systems that will be in place.

Re: Touhou: Incident Zero - idea engineering topic (Final Roster + Alpha build info)
#24  November 16, 2017, 09:29:23 pm
  • Bitch Lasagna
    • USA
So after some brainstorming, finally came to a finalized roster:
  • Reimu Hakurei
  • Marisa Kirisame
  • Yuuka Kazami
  • Alice Margatroid
  • Shinki
  • Sakuya Izayoi
  • Hong Meiling
  • Youmu Konpaku
  • Yukari Yakumo
  • Reisen Udongein Inaba
  • Aya Shameimaru
  • Momiji Inubashiri
  • Sanae Kochiya
  • Iku Nagae
  • Satori Komeiji
  • Byakuren Hijiri
  • Mamizou Futatsuiwa
  • Hata no Kokoro
  • Sekibanki
  • Kasen Ibaraki
  • Nameless*

In addition, an alpha build should be available some time early 2018 consisting of Reimu, Marisa, Meiling, Sakuya, and Reisen as playable characters, with Meiling and Reisen receiving notable gameplay changes. The purpose of the alpha build will be to mainly test out the new alignment system.

Re: Touhou: Incident Zero - idea engineering topic (Final Roster + Alpha build info)
#25  December 06, 2017, 05:25:09 pm
  • Bitch Lasagna
    • USA

First look at the HUD for Incident Zero, using modified versions of Gudine's Urban Legend in Limbo lifebars with the Smash 4 fonts provided by GarchompMatt. Still incomplete, as its missing the Spirit Gauges, which need to be implemented into the characters, and the Power Bars need to be adjusted.

Oh and for those curious, the lifebar portraits use 60x60 size images instead of MUGEN's default 25x25 size, though I could very easily modify that to accept 120x120 lifebar portraits if necessary.

Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 05:29:35 pm by Ricepigeon