YesNoOk

*Update*SF4Ken's Shinryuken+*Final Street Fighter*26.01.11 (Read 28693 times)

Started by Yota, September 25, 2009, 06:33:25 pm
*Update*SF4Ken's Shinryuken+*Final Street Fighter*26.01.11
#1  September 25, 2009, 06:33:25 pm
  • Final Street Fighter
Hi guys,

i'm making a game with the OpenBor engine , a Final Fight Beat them all game, and i wanted to show you a video i made about one of my current wip char, Ken.
I took the third strike sprites as my basement sprites for the other classical anims, and i drawn the whole SF4 Shinryuken's sprites, 149 frames exactly. It tooks to me several nights to complete the anim but i can say the result isn't too bad, i let you judge about the result.

Hope you'll like it.
If you have some interests i'll post here more of my sprites soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKKD2mzOMCo
If someone is better than you, admit your defeat, then rise and try to be better than him, with respect.
Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:32:08 am by yotatouch

vyn

Re: SF4 Ken's Ultra Shinryuken
#2  September 25, 2009, 08:16:20 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
damn... now thats cool, any plans of sharing it with the mugen comunity?? i know i sound like a leecher...

as to feedback the only awkward thing is the first kick but it might be the size of the sprites throwing me off

the transition from the last kick to the shinruuken is amazing  o_O
#3  September 25, 2009, 08:47:17 pm
  • bd poster :D
    • Italy
    • http://emanuelepepi.tk
pretty cool indeed, I like the sequence of kicks in the super and the last one sequence that starts with the tatsumaki-senpoop-byakkou kyaku

also the stage looks pretty cool and the project looks interesting.
#4  September 25, 2009, 10:53:27 pm
  • behold my power
    • USA
Awesome spriting! I hope to see more of your work. How long did it take you?

so many hdd crashes QQ
#5  September 26, 2009, 01:00:34 am
  • Final Street Fighter
[V]yn
i know i sound like a leecher...
Don't worry i don't think like this. But i think i'll first finish my game then share with people asking me the permission and credits :)
In fact, i'm going to draw the whole enemies sprites, make a complete redesign of Final Fight chars.
I already started some enemies that you'll discover soon.
the only awkward thing is the first kick
Can you tell me more? And yes, the size of my chars are the same than Final Fight Arcade sprites. So this isn't the 'normal' Mugen sprites resolution.

ShimahnC
Awesome spriting! I hope to see more of your work. How long did it take you?
Thanks SC, it tooks more than 2 weeks to finish the whole frames of this move, it was a hard and long work, and, i still have to finish clean some sprites... looong!

mulambo
also the stage looks pretty cool and the project looks interesting.
Thank you, i decided for this game to do a complete remake of the classical Final Fight, with a complete redesign, that means new stages and Ennemies appearence and of course, players included. Some examples of my current work.

If someone is better than you, admit your defeat, then rise and try to be better than him, with respect.
Re: SF4 Ken's Ultra Shinryuken in 2D
#6  September 26, 2009, 05:15:31 am
  • DAT SAX
Holy fucking shit dude that was absolutely AMAZING. The sheer FLUIDITY in that animation was just breathtaking. Like Vyn, I hate to sound like a leecher/nag, but any chance of releasing those sprites for MUGEN use? :o

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#7  September 26, 2009, 06:23:22 am
  • Ars Mei Vitus et Musica Mei Animus
My lord, that was beautiful. I'm still looking over it, and admiring the work.
#8  September 26, 2009, 07:29:06 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
This looks really awesome, nice work.
#9  September 29, 2009, 09:40:19 pm
  • Final Street Fighter
~*Ishida-Uryuu*~
Holy fucking shit dude that was absolutely AMAZING. The sheer FLUIDITY in that animation was just breathtaking. Like Vyn, I hate to sound like a leecher/nag, but any chance of releasing those sprites for MUGEN use?  :o
As i said to [V]yn, i'll first finish my own game then give to people asking me permission with credit to use it. This is just sad that a lot of people takes work and said that it is their own creations. Even if you guys credits, peoples after you will not. So the first place i wanna see my sprites is in my game, that's all, hope you'll understand me ;)

roseille
My lord, that was beautiful. I'm still looking over it, and admiring the work.
K.O.D
This looks really awesome, nice work.
Thank you guys, actually i'm working on some new sprites and animations, new Cody and Haggar will come soon in new vids i hope... lol.

DemiRod
indeed most excellent anim and FX. good stuff with the other FF sprites. think this should go to WIP sec.
I didn't want to put this in wip section because here is the MUGEN forum and i respect this, so this is why if i don't receive the 'permission' from Administrators or Moderators, i won't.
Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:52:49 pm by yotatouch
#10  September 30, 2009, 11:17:16 pm
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
Well, when you're done, I have an SF3 character that needs new sprites (Capcom hasn't made sprites for Sagat in fourteen years, dammit), and since you have demonstrated considerable talent in the field of SF3 spriting (among other things), can you help me out? I'm hoping I don't have to pay, but I might if I have to...?
#11  October 01, 2009, 02:31:15 am
that was incredibly refreshing. your may work may well inspire other spriters to create new fluid actions as you yourself have done. i am in agreement with Ishida, the fluidity of the last kick to shinryuken is crazyy
#12  October 05, 2009, 01:21:14 am
  • Final Street Fighter
DonuTs
that was incredibly refreshing. your may work may well inspire other spriters to create new fluid actions as you yourself have done. i am in agreement with Ishida, the fluidity of the last kick to shinryuken is crazyy
Thanks DonuTs for this big compliment, unfortunetly the video isn't really representative of the fluidity, i really tried to work hard on this point, and make all movements very fluid, but the Ultra requires a very fast chain combo between the kicks, so we can't really see the whole frames in action on the youtube vid.
Anyway thanks man ;)
I'll try to keep the same quality for the next anims too.
#13  October 05, 2009, 04:58:05 am
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
great work bro! i liked!  ;D
#14  October 05, 2009, 07:37:20 am
  • I can't see :<
    • Poland
    • www.niewidomy.deviantart.com
Godlike work mane, that looks just amazong.
Re: SF4 Ken's Ultra Shinryuken in 2D + *stuffs from Final Street Fighter*
#15  October 23, 2009, 09:44:37 pm
  • Final Street Fighter
great work bro! i liked!  ;D
Godlike work mane, that looks just amazong.
Thanks guys, your comments always encourage me.

A topic to give you informations about the game, and show you some current wips.
To concern the game's BG's:
they will be completly redrawn, i don't want an old aspect of the game, and decided to do everything myself. I'll try to add some elements on bg's which will be destroyed when a hit will touchn like windows or classical drumbs, barrels, etc...

About the enemies:
i'll redraw from zero the whole enemies sprites, only few chars like Andore will uses sprites from 3rd strike.
Every chars will have a lot of sprites edits, especially for the pains and falls, as you can see here. All for the new Guy's, Ryu's, Ken's attacks, and certainly Cody and Haggar that aren't worked yet (And of course, for ChunLi and/or Maki too if i'll include them).
I show you here an example of some sprites edits i made for pains and falls.

The currents sprites aren't the definitive ones of course as you can guess, they were scaled from my first char size which was the Final Fight snes resolution. Since i changed and made the game to the same resolution than FF arcade, here is the dirty rescaled sprites. I'll redraw Axl and all enemies but before this, i have to define the whole pains and falls anims frames i need, then i'll start to redraw properly everything.

Here is the old stand and the one i made few days ago, but i'm not satisfied, colors aren't too bad but the stance need to be reworked. He needs more 'testosteron' if i can say so.

About the playable chars, i used for Ken and Ryu, the 3rd strike base, and i'll incorporate a lot of edits for them, as the Shinryuken from SF4 for Ken as you already saw. But i'll have to clean the whole originales frames cause i had to resize all sprites due to the scale, then, actually, Ryu's and Ken's sprites are a little dirty, not clean, so i'll clean the whole frames for them.
That's exactly the same case for Guy, except that he's from Street Fighter Zero's sprites. So for these 3 chars, it's 1) resize 2) edits sprites 3) clean sprites.
I'll maybe add ChunLi and/or Maki too, that will be the same situation.
About Cody and Haggar, i'll start from zero, as my enemies chars. I already started Cody's sprites and it's not too bad so far.

Cheers.
#16  November 02, 2009, 01:03:29 am
  • Final Street Fighter
Okay guys, here's a little update for Cody.

I made his 'stand' animation.
I'll change 2 or 3 stuffs but anyway, that's what i made.
Didn't really like his SF03 stand anim, so i tried to make more 'animation' movement.
Hope you'll like it.
#17  November 02, 2009, 01:09:21 am
  • DAT SAX
Dude that looks freaking sick.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#18  November 02, 2009, 01:14:30 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
As a big fan of FF1 I am quite impressed.
#19  November 02, 2009, 01:32:59 am
  • Most Hated!
wow this is some good stuff man!
#20  November 02, 2009, 03:01:16 am
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
amazing bro!  :sugoi: