YesNoOk

Urien Thunder (Update) (Read 14416 times)

Started by Flamekyo, July 02, 2011, 03:09:18 am
Share this topic:
Urien Thunder (Update)
#1  July 02, 2011, 03:09:18 am
  • Imagination is Everyting....
    • flamekyo.mugen-infantry.net
Enjoy.

-Stage Info-
Medium Jump
Lightning
Rain
Fog

-Update Info-
Lightning is much better
Trees and Rocks now have a flashing type animation

Ripples on the ground, i wasnt able to do this because the program that i use for that effect doesnt allow me to create ground-ripples without it looking cut on its edges, in other words...it looked really wierd...out of place.

Download Update
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6rgxy8

Note/Next Remixs That will be made.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[/center]
... Pulse Lifebars Re-Make :twisted:  60%
Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:53:45 am by Flamekyo
Re: Urien Thunder
#2  July 02, 2011, 03:32:46 am
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Some lightning shows up in odd places, and could be coded faster IMO.  Maybe you could add a lightning flash edge glow on the floor layer.

Thanks for sharing.
#3  July 02, 2011, 03:39:26 am
Some lightning shows up in odd places, and could be coded faster IMO.  Maybe you could add a lightning flash edge glow on the floor layer.

Thanks for sharing.

I added some of the lightnings to show up in front to give a better feel like the thunder was getting wild, IDK it probably didnt work out as well as i thought.

Adding a flash type animation to the floor is a good idea, ill try to do that and ill update it.

Thanks EX.

GLB

#4  July 02, 2011, 03:57:28 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Your bound left and right can be extended to 305, and your boundhigh can be extended to -240.

Also, you could possibly add some puddles, or moving clouds would be nice although it is from the source and I assume that's what you're going for.
#5  July 02, 2011, 04:20:27 am
Your bound left and right can be extended to 305, and your boundhigh can be extended to -240.

Also, you could possibly add some puddles, or moving clouds would be nice although it is from the source and I assume that's what you're going for.

Well, if i were to extend the bounds left and right, you will be able to see a small part that was mirrored on the image it self, i could have just cut that out, but i didnt notice it at first, oh well.

Also, i set the bound high so that it only shows the tip of the tree, if i were to extend it, it will show the cut off of the tree. the sky is bigger than the floor and tree's, i think you were getting your bounds from its size.

I tried added puddles, they were originally gonna be in the stage, but it caused the FPS to drop from 59-60 to 50-45. Maybe ill add them again, we'll see.

Thanks.

GLB

#6  July 02, 2011, 04:23:04 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
I figured you'd say that about the bounds. When I extended them on all sides it looked fine, the tree wasn't cut off. The reason I gave the exact numbers is because that's how far they'd go without effecting the foreground.
#7  July 02, 2011, 04:54:42 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Great stage, it fits the battle atmosphere very well.

I personally find the lightnings in the front, a bit too close to the center. But it's just my opinion.

When the stage is scrolled all the way to the right, I am unable to see any front lightning. I can still see the font lightning when the stage is scrolled all the way to the left though.

Though I can probably see why you put the lightnings close to the middle since that's probably where most of the action might take place.
#8  July 02, 2011, 09:25:52 am
I figured you'd say that about the bounds. When I extended them on all sides it looked fine, the tree wasn't cut off. The reason I gave the exact numbers is because that's how far they'd go without effecting the foreground.

Ah, well my bad, i thought you were talking about the mirrored part, Thanks for pointing that out bro, ill fix it on the next update.

im also gonna add some puddles and flashing effects to the floor.

Great stage, it fits the battle atmosphere very well.

I personally find the lightnings in the front, a bit too close to the center. But it's just my opinion.

When the stage is scrolled all the way to the right, I am unable to see any front lightning. I can still see the font lightning when the stage is scrolled all the way to the left though.

Though I can probably see why you put the lightnings close to the middle since that's probably where most of the action might take place.

Yeah, most of the action takes place in the middle, but i wanted it to give an effect as if the "thunder" is getting wild
#9  July 02, 2011, 02:30:11 pm
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
Great job..  need quality stages like this in my Mugen Stage collection! I would just replace music with powerful music with thunder, wind and rain sounds.
New MUGEN Forum Opened
Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:44:55 pm by abls1
#10  July 02, 2011, 04:23:00 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Looks fun and great, but ill not download until the update  :twisted:
#11  July 02, 2011, 04:46:58 pm
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
New MUGEN Forum Opened

GOH

#12  July 02, 2011, 07:04:18 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Yo, nobody asked for music recommendations. Either post feedback or get out.
#13  July 02, 2011, 07:21:35 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
FLAMEKYO!! this is amazing  ;D
Thank you for sharing!

EDIT: I'll PM'd you
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#14  July 02, 2011, 07:39:08 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
#15  July 04, 2011, 12:17:06 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I really like what you did with this Urien stage edit. The graphics blend well, the lightning animations are on the spot, the atmosphere is perfect.
The angle of the rain, with the small curve, is a little strange, and I see it's binded to the screen, but that's not really a problem IMO.
The only thing that I see which could make the stage even better would be to create water ripples on the ground due to the heavy rain, but yeah, shouldn't create any slowdown...

And since you've been using my tool for many of your stages, here's my request. ;D (yeah, not a PM, I'm an open guy !!! :twisted:)
Edit SF3.3 Gill's stage to something more modern, and make it even more a boss stage. I want to see what you can do from there, without making it look too "computer generated" and photoshoped. :)
#16  July 04, 2011, 02:27:41 am
I really like what you did with this Urien stage edit. The graphics blend well, the lightning animations are on the spot, the atmosphere is perfect.
The angle of the rain, with the small curve, is a little strange, and I see it's binded to the screen, but that's not really a problem IMO.
The only thing that I see which could make the stage even better would be to create water ripples on the ground due to the heavy rain, but yeah, shouldn't create any slowdown...

And since you've been using my tool for many of your stages, here's my request. ;D (yeah, not a PM, I'm an open guy !!! :twisted:)
Edit SF3.3 Gill's stage to something more modern, and make it even more a boss stage. I want to see what you can do from there, without making it look too "computer generated" and photoshoped. :)

Yeah, ill try to add some ripples on the ground, the last time i did it, it slowed the FPS, probably cause i didnt crop the sprites lol, i cant remember.

SF3 Gill stage is in the works, ill make it into more of a boss stage.

More to come, i might even post previews or maybe even a section in the W.I.P.'s.  ;)
#17  July 04, 2011, 09:34:12 pm
    • USA
I cant use the stage right its cropped. Im using normal WinMUGEN BTW.
#18  July 04, 2011, 09:39:25 pm
  • Yes.
    • Brazil
    • Skype - seph_0
Kill yourself.
This stage is in Hi res, so It won't work in normal winmugen -_-
#19  July 04, 2011, 09:40:15 pm
  • Add-on Pro :P
    • Mexico
^This, either you use Hi-res winmugen, winmugen plus, or 1.0 to use it.

TempesT said:
I just got back from having really hot and raw sex with sal and seph, oh my gosh they violated my body many times, IT WAS GREAT!!!!! They have many big dick and used to have sex with my sex holes! Also my armpits are strictly OFF LIMITS especially to foreign weiners.
>:)
[/center]
#20  July 04, 2011, 09:43:33 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Who the hell uses normal winmugen in this day and age