YesNoOk

Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 06/08/2021) (Read 585093 times)

Started by tunglashor, September 20, 2010, 06:54:33 am
Share this topic:
Re: Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 18/06/2012)
#261  July 27, 2013, 08:26:40 pm
  • Powered by Google Tradutor
Thanks! This is a important fix. VSelect is indispensable to the Mugen.
#262  July 27, 2013, 08:36:30 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
You Rock Tunglashor.
#263  August 18, 2013, 07:19:25 am
    • Canada
Very helpful tool, thank you :)
#264  August 26, 2013, 01:04:25 pm
  • Yuyu shooting star
Vselect work for both version 1.0 and the 1.1 I have tested so many time
Vselect have its problem depend on what screen pack your using but the software need more improvement but all depend on Tung because he the one that created the software.

This video I made and created will show you that Vselect does work for the mugen 1.1
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13ojcv
love justices shooting star
#265  August 31, 2013, 04:28:20 am
    • USA
    • movieguyabw@yahoo.com
Hey, just wanted to start off by saying I'm a huge fan of this program.  I've been using this for what feels like ages, and it is an overall brilliant program.  :)

Unfortunately, as of today, I have been unable to get it to work.  If I double click on it, I get the loading screen to pop up, but after a few seconds it disappears, and nothing happens.  I've been attempting to get it to run for over an hour, now with no luck.  I've tried restarting the computer, downloading the newest version, clearing out my character folder, clearing out my backup select files, moving the exe file to a different folder - nothing changes. 

The strangest thing is that it worked fine the other day - and to my knowledge, I've done nothing to my computer, nor anything to my Mugen folder since.  If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.  I'm using a very complex screenpack, and I would much prefer if I could get this program up and running again, rather than have to go back to editing the .def file manually.  :\
Had to attempt to register here multiple times because the bot questions kept asking me what game Iori and Kyo came from - and it wouldn't accept "I don't know."

Would've been nice to have the answer written in the question, like all the others - just saying.  ;)
Re: Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 01/09/2013)
#266  September 01, 2013, 06:44:08 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Thank you all for the kind words  :blush:

I've uploaded another bugfix release - this is for the issue where VSelect would sometimes delete items from the ExtraStages and/or Options sections.  That should be a thing of the past now so if anyone encounters this again (using v1.3.9.7 or later) then please let me know.
Download here

Vselect work for both version 1.0 and the 1.1 I have tested so many time
Yes, it should work with Mugen1.1 - in fact it has done since December 2012 :beamgoi:  Let me know if any problems.

That was the first I tried but it didn't help. This was different from the startup crash, it happens when I select replace and try to open a file or folder.
Sorry I haven't figured out what's causing this.  I notice though you say it only seems to happen when using the windows dialog box - so maybe as a workaround you could use the character list instead.  Drag a character from the list onto the select screen and drop it where you want it.  Hold down Ctrl when dropping to overwrite any character that's already in that slot.  You can also drag a character's .def file in from Windows Explorer in the same way.

Unfortunately, as of today, I have been unable to get it to work.  If I double click on it, I get the loading screen to pop up, but after a few seconds it disappears, and nothing happens.
Sorry to hear that.  Firstly can you try the new version just to check that it's still happening?  If it still doesn't work then let me know.
#267  September 01, 2013, 06:49:19 pm
    • Canada
Hello there, I am having a problem, I add my stages into my Mugen and when I save it, it gives me an error, even my Mugen itself is saying that I don't have any stages, I have no idea on what to do, is there any way I can fix this, or will I have to do it manually through my Select.DEF?
#268  September 01, 2013, 07:02:44 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
when I save it, it gives me an error
What error?  Please let me know the exact error message.

As mentioned in my last post there was a bug in older versions that could cause the ExtraStages section to be cleared.  So the first step is to update to the latest version (1.3.9.7).

If bug was the cause of the problem, you should have a backup of your select.def in a folder named VSelect_backups (in the same folder as the select.def file).  Open the most recent backup and see if its ExtraStages section is empty; if it is, try the next most recent and so on until you find one with something in the ExtraStages section.  You can then copy this into your current select.def file (same goes for the Options section).  That should resolve the error.
#269  September 01, 2013, 07:16:39 pm
    • Canada
Error detected.

could not locate options group.
Error finding character/stages in select.def

Clipboard tail:
Reading {Files...OK
Loading Files...OK
Load fight anim...OK
[Lifebar]...[Turns Lifebar]...[Powerbar]...
..[Simul Face]...[Turns Face]...
..[Simul Name]...[Turns Name]...
..[Combo]..[Round]..[WinIcon...OK
ing explods...OK

mplete
ed OK
OK
hics...times...OK

meflow loop

g character info...OK
g select screen...finding characters

I hope this helps out alot, thanks so much for the program :)

Posted: September 01, 2013, 07:32:29 pm
The stages are included but I still get the error
#270  September 01, 2013, 07:53:37 pm
    • USA
    • movieguyabw@yahoo.com
Had to attempt to register here multiple times because the bot questions kept asking me what game Iori and Kyo came from - and it wouldn't accept "I don't know."

Would've been nice to have the answer written in the question, like all the others - just saying.  ;)
#271  September 02, 2013, 12:07:25 am
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
For info: both the above problems were sorted via PMs; if anyone has similar issues and needs help then let me know.
#272  August 02, 2014, 09:34:47 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Bump from the dead.

I have a question/request.

How can I turn off the automatic alphabetical ordering of the stages?

When I add new stages to my Select.def I always put them at the bottom. This way I can press Left on the character select screen to get to them faster.
After I add new stages and characters I use Vselect. When I reorder and save them using Vselect, it reorders my stages alphabetically. Usually it's not a problem, but if I havent tested the stage I have to scroll through 40+ stages to find them. Most of the time I'm not even sure of the display name.

Did I miss an option? Is there a way to stop this from happening? If it's not possible as it is, could you please make a version that doesnt do that?

Other than that I love the tool.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#273  October 26, 2014, 02:49:00 pm
any chance for sharing the source code? I'd like to experiment with creating external screenpack front end that would launch mugen fights via command line. That would allow bypassing some hardcoded mugen restrictions. For example:
- adding visual stage selector via images instead of custom font,
- adding new modes like tournaments, World Tour (form Street Fighter Alpha 3 home consoles) etc.
- creating real story modes with full control and not dealing with the current restrictions,
- better compatibility with screenpacks - portraits could be read directly from the character folder instead of sff file,
- unlockable characters,
- animated portraits in select /versus screens,
- fix mugen 1.1 crashes on lower end computers that can't handle more demanding screenpacks,
- and so forth, etc.
The only regression compared to standard implementation would be lack of turns mode, because mugen command line doesn't seem to support this mode.

Your tool would be a great start to create such interface because it is already partially compatible with screenpacks.
Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:40:20 pm by K4thos
#274  April 30, 2015, 10:21:55 am
  • I like bread
    • USA
Don't mean to bump this thread, but I really do like the concept of this program. It can come very handy.
I can open up everything just fine. I just can't add or drag characters at all.
I wonder what could be the problem?  :???:
I'm using Mugen 1.0 with H.Loader's SvC HD Screenpack
Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:25:48 am by Dʀᴏ
#275  May 05, 2015, 01:11:38 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
I don't have that screenpack so I can't check but my first guess would be there's something up with the cell.size/cell.spacing settings in the system.def file.  VSelect relies on cell.size being accurate (that's how it knows if the mouse is over a cell or not).  If cell.size is less than 1 then it will be impossible to click on a cell.
#276  May 08, 2015, 04:39:20 am
  • ✧*:・゚☩~☺Mugen Soul☺~☩*:・゚✧
  • BOOM, HEADSHOT
    • USA
LOL
#277  April 28, 2016, 01:05:17 pm
  • Passing Through
Alright, I have an odd problem with a specific character.

Gilgamesh by Tabibito (oresama), latest version uploaded by author: http://www.mediafire.com/download/twww4vsq5x8bk6z/oresama.zip, causes VSelect to crash. No matter how small or large the roster is, if I put him in, whether by text, or by the program itself, it just crashes.
#278  April 28, 2016, 02:30:40 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Alright, I have an odd problem with a specific character.

Gilgamesh by Tabibito (oresama), latest version uploaded by author: http://www.mediafire.com/download/twww4vsq5x8bk6z/oresama.zip, causes VSelect to crash. No matter how small or large the roster is, if I put him in, whether by text, or by the program itself, it just crashes.
There's an error in this character that I unfortunately didn't account for.  To fix it, open oresama.def and change the line
Code:
localcoord = localcoord = 320,240
to
Code:
localcoord = 320,240

#279  April 28, 2016, 02:56:38 pm
  • Passing Through
Didn't even notice that mistake in the def. Thanks.
#280  April 28, 2016, 08:43:52 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
This crash seems to happen with various chars.