YesNoOk

VS. Style Debuts presents: DUDLEY! (Read 6689 times)

Started by ShinZankuro, October 23, 2019, 05:19:24 am
Share this topic:
VS. Style Debuts presents: DUDLEY!
#1  October 23, 2019, 05:19:24 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
It was a MASSIVE time since I ever released anything, but now I happily can announce VS. Style Debuts has RETURNED!

And starting that new phase of that project, here's a rework of one of my favorite characters from Street Fighter series! [And keep tunned, there's more coming!]

DUDLEY!

Spoiler: SCREENSHOTS (click to see content)

Download?
LET'S FIGHT LIKE GENTLEMEN!
DOWNLOAD!

Alt-link!
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/635063610820919297/637805832796373008/Dudley.zip

Spoiler: MOVELIST CREDITS AND ETCETERA (click to see content)
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 11:36:15 pm by ShinZankuro
Re: VS. Style Debuts presents: DUDLEY!
#2  October 23, 2019, 05:39:02 am
    • USA
Finally! Last time I tried Dudley he has a intro bug years ago. Can't wait to try him out.
#3  October 23, 2019, 04:23:02 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
- Idle anim has a problem.

- Sloppy get-hit clsn. As the result he can dodge some attacks even while being hit.
- Some of get-hit sprites are in a wrong group (or misaligned, Idk) which messes him up in custom states. For example:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
The custom state uses sprites from Group 5010, 5000 and 5020. And yes, the custom state is coded properly and posset his y to 0 as soon as he gets hit.
For even more dumb stuff due to this:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
- Throw counts hit in the end of the throw instead of per punch.
- Jet Upper doesn't have invul.
- Machinegun Blow uses default guard sparks.
- d.C looks pretty odd. Opponent should be launched when he does the launch motion, not as soon as the move hits. Not sure if this is a thing in source though.

Kinda expect him to be into-your-face type of character though but I don't feel him really having any real strength, even when comparing with characters in the same style. In term of gameplay, everything he can do, there are characters like Jedah who can do better (better poke, range, cross-up, supers as well as mobility). Even his strong neutral game from source seems to have gone due to the change of style as well as the newly introduced slippery movement (which is even more out of place as not every characters in this style are slippery). He just ain't feel right.
Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 04:41:12 pm by Mr. Giang
#4  October 23, 2019, 04:32:23 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, I have to agree with Giang on this one. Dudley just feels off in terms of converting him into a Vs. fighter, and you usually have like a few glaring issues when you convert characters (maybe just rust since you have been kinda busy lately). Maybe you should get together with some Dudley people and fine tweak his style cause even though he feels like his pressure is there, his stuff still just feels off...

Edit: He's fun, but in the long run, this stuff is holding him back.
Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 05:03:17 pm by R565
#5  October 23, 2019, 08:33:15 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
Hmmm, I'm honestly confused about the idle thing, the palette changes during the run?

In my end this doesn't happens. But I'll give a further look about that, as well I will check the misaligned wrong gethit groups[That was already on character .air, so I think I can check and fix that]

About the "pressure" thing, I need some detailed suggestions of what I should do with him to tweak his style. I'll appreciate that :)
And about the launcher, you can cancel the animation directly to super jump movement. At least in MvC and MvC2 was like that X_X
- Donations is welcome
#6  October 24, 2019, 10:46:20 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
Hmmm, I'm honestly confused about the idle thing, the palette changes during the run?

In my end this doesn't happens. But I'll give a further look about that, as well I will check the misaligned wrong gethit groups[That was already on character .air, so I think I can check and fix that]

About the "pressure" thing, I need some detailed suggestions of what I should do with him to tweak his style. I'll appreciate that :)
And about the launcher, you can cancel the animation directly to super jump movement. At least in MvC and MvC2 was like that X_X

Well, the original Chuck Norris does have that problem.
#7  October 26, 2019, 06:53:45 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
Minor update:

Did some adjustments on his gameplay and attacks. Noticed on SF3 series he's a pure "Combo-Type" character[which I'm almost sure that was the pressure thing you guys was talking about] which has a strong cancelling attacks and special/supers. Adjusted also some of his damage to fit more with him since he's a brawling type character.

The "slippery" thing [which I think it was the cornerpush in certain moves] was removed from all his special moves, just remaining on certain parts[more likely in very end of specials/supers] just to avoid potential infinites.

Corkscrew Blow now sends the enemy far to forward instead of sending to other side[Was afraid of potential infinite bug]

Commands for some special moves was changed, and this reflects also on his movelist in readme.

I don't know what is happening with some of his get hit animations, but i'm searching a way to fix that.

Download him on first post!
- Donations is welcome
#8  October 26, 2019, 06:49:26 pm
    • USA
Minor update:

Did some adjustments on his gameplay and attacks. Noticed on SF3 series he's a pure "Combo-Type" character[which I'm almost sure that was the pressure thing you guys was talking about] which has a strong cancelling attacks and special/supers. Adjusted also some of his damage to fit more with him since he's a brawling type character.

The "slippery" thing [which I think it was the cornerpush in certain moves] was removed from all his special moves, just remaining on certain parts[more likely in very end of specials/supers] just to avoid potential infinites.

Corkscrew Blow now sends the enemy far to forward instead of sending to other side[Was afraid of potential infinite bug]

Commands for some special moves was changed, and this reflects also on his movelist in readme.

I don't know what is happening with some of his get hit animations, but i'm searching a way to fix that.

Download him on first post!

Man I just scheduled the video of Dudley before you update him. Lol
#9  October 27, 2019, 01:07:51 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
Quick update.

- Added more combo possibilities[normals, specials and supers] and adjusted cornerpush on few attacks.
- Fixed .air issues

Download on first post
- Donations is welcome
#10  October 27, 2019, 08:32:01 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
Quick update.

- Added more combo possibilities[normals, specials and supers] and adjusted cornerpush on few attacks.
- Fixed .air issues

Download on first post

... trouble with dl link now  :???:

<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access denied.</Message><Details>Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to discord/attachments/144005547681775616/637788182934716416/Dudley.zip.</Details></Error>
#11  October 27, 2019, 11:34:44 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
I believe you tried to download in the alternate dl link at discord

Try with the mediafire link in the first post [not on the alt link but in the "LET'S FIGHT" word

EDIT: OMG, my bad, It was me who mistakened here lol

Updating now the link

EDIT 2: Updated the link!
- Donations is welcome
#12  October 30, 2019, 01:58:57 am
it´s one more good work from you.
#13  October 30, 2019, 06:02:15 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
This is great! My favorite Fighting Game boxer, thanks Shin.
#14  November 04, 2019, 02:18:13 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

If the British boxer saw this he would say: "You do have dignity!"
Great work and welcome back amigo! :)