YesNoOk

Rikimaru from Tenchu (Read 26566 times)

Started by Roks, January 02, 2014, 02:51:05 pm
Share this topic:
Rikimaru from Tenchu
#1  January 02, 2014, 02:51:05 pm
Hey you guys,
I'd like to present my newest character Rikimaru!

After a lot of work I feel he is finally ready for release.

Gameplay:
So I wanted to keep at least some of the original game's feel while still keeping true to a conventional fighter. So I came up with a mechanic that allows you to choose which ninja item you would like to use before the match, the readme will have more details of how it works, and keep his fight style sort of like a cvs game.

So I would like to say thanks to Seanalty for doing all the character sprites (although he might be a little tired of me saying that).

Here's the link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6n6svd UPDATED

Enjoy the char and please leave any feedback you have.

p.s I included 2 common files, if one acts wonky switch to the other one.
Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:56:41 pm by Roks
Re: Rikimaru from Tenchu
#2  January 02, 2014, 03:11:17 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
oh my this looks good from 1st view.

@Saikoro make an awesome new port for this one XD.
#3  January 02, 2014, 03:24:20 pm
    • Brazil
The character is good, but there is something you should change immediatly:
- To start the battle I have to chose the two subweapons, but you should give a time limit of 5 seconds, otherwise the battle against Rikimaru would take too much time to start.
- Also, we should be able to press Start to begin the fight, instead of kicks and punches, because that skips the lifebar's animation.
#4  January 02, 2014, 04:30:37 pm
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
Interesting... DL Now....
#5  January 02, 2014, 04:36:17 pm
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
I'm very impressed with what you did with him. I never thought I would ever see this guy made for mugen like this with this kind of playing style and then here you come with this.

I really like what you did man. It was very creative. So far I havent seen anything that concerns me, but I think overall you did a pretty good job with this character man. Thanks for the release

#6  January 02, 2014, 04:44:31 pm
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
FEEBACK:
1.Char seems to float away after a special/hyper move & or directional is inputed.
2.Weapon select are too low & too long. (7-8 sec limit before the rounds anounced/not visable due to my power bars on the bottom)
3. Hyper moves are slow/intacted, but slow.

This char has alot of potienal. Keep at it my dude. Looking forward to updates.
Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:48:41 pm by WatsonGrim69
#7  January 02, 2014, 05:03:08 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Cool character some things i have notice

- While in the corner if you do his ( Crouching Lp, Mp, Hp ) target combo then ( Jump Lp, Mp, Hp ) air target combo then repeat its an infinite.
- I don't think he should be able to do a 9-10 hit combo just by doing his crouching Mk while in the corner.
- If you try to do his Helm breaker ( Jump, Down+Hp ) after you do his crouching + Hp while your opponent is in the air the move doesn't connect some times.
- For the smoke bomb each punch should have a different distance and maybe different start time and for the EX version it should start instantly.
- His Overhead strike ( Back+Hp ) i think he should have one for his Lp and Mp with different distance as well.
Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:06:27 pm by xX-Nero-Xx
#8  January 02, 2014, 08:17:18 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Awesome!
It would be great to see other tenchu characters in mugen.
I can't wait to try it.
#9  January 02, 2014, 08:51:17 pm
  • Musician-Stage creator-Spriter-IFF Combat adviser.
    • Indonesia
    • www.youtube.com/user/EXmugen
My god man!! This is SIC!! A couple of problems tho. I'm using him in 1.0 #1: when I try to back dash, he floats away. #2: His crouching hard slice is an infinite. You can literally keep slicing them til their life bar is depleted. Other than that, he's fun to play! It'd be cool to see Ayame too. Anyway, good job man...!
#10  January 02, 2014, 09:33:32 pm
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico
AWESOME!! long time I wait for see this character, really awesome amigo, maybe your ninja can enter to my "Ninja Warriors"

Contact me if you want a mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EMU3HTMW4MPUL
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 1307-0181-1655
Name: chuchoryu
#11  January 02, 2014, 09:37:55 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
if you dash back he floats into space

besides that my only other complaint is how wrath of heaven works I know it works like that in the game but draining all life to do 500 damage seems kind of like a bad idea.

theres a couple of things you could change here,

1. you could take away the lifedrain

2. you could make it an insta kill but if you miss you go down to 1hp basically like a double edged sword.

plz tell me you plan to commission ayame next?

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 09:45:52 pm by Laharl
#12  January 03, 2014, 01:27:00 am
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
if you dash back he floats into space

besides that my only other complaint is how wrath of heaven works I know it works like that in the game but draining all life to do 500 damage seems kind of like a bad idea.

theres a couple of things you could change here,

1. you could take away the lifedrain

2. you could make it an insta kill but if you miss you go down to 1hp basically like a double edged sword.

plz tell me you plan to commission ayame next?

completely agree & like the double edged sword idea,just like in the game, if u miss, your screwed

"plz tell me you plan to commission ayame next?"

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh Big kids are talking  :XD: * Coughs Onikage*  :woeh:
#13  January 03, 2014, 02:28:38 am
  • Every little bit helps
    • USA
For the backdash bug where he floats away, open the Riki.def file and switch the stcommon file from common1 to common2.cns.

Loving how versatile his moves are, great character.
Find your inner strength
#14  January 03, 2014, 07:19:04 am
  • I must continue my training...
Yaaaaahoooooo!

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#15  January 03, 2014, 10:36:10 am
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
released a pal set for him tonight if anyone wants some more color option's check my pal thread
#16  January 03, 2014, 10:40:10 am
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Great I hope How Sean is doing with his Version
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#17  January 03, 2014, 09:50:28 pm
Hey guys,
First of all I want to say thank you, you guys are supremely awesome.
So I've gone and updated the download link  on the first post but here it is anyway : http://www.sendspace.com/file/6n6svd
Things I've addressed:

I got rid of the non functioning common file no more floating into space.
Weapon select are too low & too long. (7-8 sec limit before the rounds anounced/not visable due to my power bars on the bottom)
- To start the battle I have to chose the two subweapons, but you should give a time limit of 5 seconds, otherwise the battle against Rikimaru would take too much time to start.
I've shortened the time before the round starts to five seconds, I've even added a timer. You can now press start to accept the your item choice. Lastly I moved the icons for the items higher on the screen.

- While in the corner if you do his ( Crouching Lp, Mp, Hp ) target combo then ( Jump Lp, Mp, Hp ) air target combo then repeat its an infinite.
- I don't think he should be able to do a 9-10 hit combo just by doing his crouching Mk while in the corner.
Those infinites should be fixed.
#2: His crouching hard slice is an infinite. You can literally keep slicing them til their life bar is depleted. Other than that, he's fun to play! It'd be cool to see Ayame too. Anyway, good job man...!
I wasn't able to re-create to infinite so I couldn't fix it.

I understand you want a bigger payoff for the move, however I'm against the idea of an insta-kill in a fighter so as a compromise I increased the damage from 500 to 800.

- For the smoke bomb each punch should have a different distance and maybe different start time
The reason why don't have different versions for smoke bomb is because I want there to be consistency between the item 2's. I don't want smoke to have three versions and mine and SP don't, and I also don't want to come up with three different versions for mine and SP because smoke has three. I don't feel that  I could come up with variations that would balanced or work well overall. However I did change the times for the smoke to release for smoke bomb, the EX version releases instantaneously now.

- If you try to do his Helm breaker ( Jump, Down+Hp ) after you do his crouching + Hp while your opponent is in the air the move doesn't connect some times.
That's because there is vel push Rikimaru down during helm breaker, it's an attack meant for opponent on the ground.

I've increased the speed of the animations of overhead strike and binding spell.

I also updated the readme, I put in the command for throw.

I think that's it for the update.

As for me doing Ayame, I really want to create her and pretty much any character from the first 3 games but I wouldn't hold your breath.
#18  January 03, 2014, 10:59:14 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Awesome! I've check out the update and the corner infinite is still possible to do.
If i see anything else i will let you know.
#19  January 04, 2014, 12:08:27 am
    • USA
Oh man I've been waiting for Rikimaru for quite a while, and he looks great so far.
#20  January 04, 2014, 03:35:57 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
well I suppose by the time you can do that  super they should die to it anyway :P alot of fighters do instant kills though, Meltyblood and guilty gear just to name a couple. Thanks for the update the floating kind of ruined things lol.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?