YesNoOk

GRIMMJOW (UPDATED 28/08/09) (Read 37161 times)

Started by Ah! Ya! Cos..., July 29, 2009, 05:10:33 pm
Share this topic:
GRIMMJOW (UPDATED 28/08/09)
#1  July 29, 2009, 05:10:33 pm
  • oh! kah! mi...
UPDATED 28/08/09

I can't perform the X,A,X,A infinite anymore. Huh

- Small portrait is one pixel too little Y-wise.
- Big portrait is misaligned Y-wise.
- Crouch and Jump CLSNs are too big. Make them look like the stance one.
- The black effect during standing and crouch X needs editing. Making it semi-transparent would make it look much better IMO.
- Extend the blue CLSN on the arm during unblockable sword.
- The cornerpush during unblockable sword is too big.
- Change the width during unblockable sword, or it will go through the opponent if he's too close.
- The jump is kinda stiff. His forward and backward jump don't go far enough IMO.
- Gin's portrait should be lower, it's hidden by most lifebars. Same for Aizen's one.
- Tousen's fireball should have blue CLSNs.
- Tousen's fireball should cause senvshake.
- Would be better if there was an explosion animation for Tousen's fireball, otherwise, you could make it hit the opponent several times while passing through him, or make it shrink with some scale.
- Aizen's barrier doesn't have a high enough CLSN IMO.
- Is Cero "unblockable" ? I mean, it does the same amount of damage whether I block or not. confused
- Some envshake for Cero please, and work on the hitpauses, they feel bad. For this move,, I'd advice you to check POTS' coding on Evil Ryu's Matsu Hadouken, and try to simulate the same behaviour in terms of enshake, hitpauses, etc.
- Same for Double Cero concerning damage. The hitpauses feel way better though.
- Tousen Bankai is unblockable too ? GONK
- Don't you have a way of capturing the video without any subtitle (same goes for the intro) ?
- Tousen's fireball + Tousen Bankai = Two Tousen on the screen. Cheesy In short, make it so that you can't spam them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
- Diagonal air fireball's CLSN is completely misaligned.
- Both air fireballs lack blue CLSN.
- Error in the readme for Panthera Punch command : F,D,DF+P.
- BTW, it's stupid to include 3 versions of the move, since he only has 2 punches usually. Make it so that the medium version doesn't exist anymore, and make it performable with X and Y only.
- On qcf+B in the air (crushing kick), the hitspark when he touches the opponent is always the yellow vertical one. Make it random, so that it cycles between several yellow hitsparks and looks nicer.
- The red CLSN during crushing kick is too small.
- Clearly some width problem during cancel moves.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
- Put some order in the readme, the moves are all over the place. Put the system moves, then helpers, specials and supers.

Also, I'd feel the character would be much more natural an interesting if you'd use normal commands for your moves. You've already played games such as Street Fighter or King of Fighters, right ? Here is an idea of command list based on usual commands :
quote from Cybaster

Eveything ,except the black effect on x button and the messages in videos, improved :D

what else?
-I fixed the small portrait in game (not by a good way, but it works... :-\)
-i tried to make a better AI but i really need help on several points ("charge" is so much time played by cpu...why damn it!!!)
ok that's all, i keep the work, but i have less time for Grimmjow, back to real work...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

i'll keep the work :sugoi:
enjoy ;)
grimmjow update 28/08/09: http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=EAZ0O4WQ

ulquiorra alpha -10: http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=EUHBCE3O
Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 08:04:38 pm by aiacos
Re: Grimmjow Jaggerjack
#2  July 29, 2009, 06:51:27 pm
He seems like a good character but their only two buttons to attack anyway theirs always room for improvment great character man I like him alot  :2thumbsup:
#3  July 29, 2009, 07:05:12 pm
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
This character... fails... hard. He is practically unplayable because he can't do squat.

- lol @ walk animation.
- lol @ taunt.
- No Jump.
- No crouch.
- Only two basic attacks with crappy clsn.
- One "knockback attack" which does no damage.

There's no readme, so I dunno what else he is capable off, but probably not much. I did some small quick combo with him using basics. You say there is a super, but I see no such thing, even in the cmd.

So yeah, this character stinks.
#4  July 29, 2009, 07:21:59 pm
  • oh! kah! mi...
ah wild tengu! ;)

This character... fails... hard. He is practically unplayable because he can't do squat.

right. give me ideas as i said. he can't do squat, but in the game he can't do. i tried to draw new sprites but nothing persuasive.
unplayable? i think you're hard, i said tha gameplay sucks...but respect your opinion. And give me ideas !

- lol @ walk animation.
- lol @ taunt.
- No Jump.
- No crouch.
- Only two basic attacks with crappy clsn.
- One "knockback attack" which does no damage.

he's not finished as i said, taunt will be changed. And for the crappy clsn, i tried to cover all part of the char...fail apparently
For the "no damage", not a good idea i agree. i made this hit only to take time to charge.

There's no readme, so I dunno what else he is capable off, but probably not much. I did some small quick combo with him using basics. You say there is a super, but I see no such thing, even in the cmd.

probably not much.agree. i don't know what do you mean by "super", but there is a "cero" and a "charge movement". you forgot them.

i'm here to learn
#5  July 29, 2009, 07:23:58 pm
  • Shinku-Hadou-Kame-Haaaa!!!!!!!
Tengu be nice, banning is the order of the day, remember what shamrock says, feedback politely, don't say his char stinks (even if it does) it is better if U encourage him to improve it by telling him how or where to get the help...

On the char... I'd like to think of it as a alpha release, no more, anyway keep working on him   :sugoi:
Headlights...
#6  July 29, 2009, 09:34:02 pm
  • Hey ken , can i do this ? - SURE YOU CAN
    • firemugen.webs.com/
Ah aiacos , dling now , feedbacks later
#7  July 29, 2009, 09:51:40 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
And for the crappy clsn, i tried to cover all part of the char...fail apparently
Exactly.
Don't try to cover everything as in one box per limb or anything.

If you can, just one box around the body works fine. If you wanna keep the head seperate, you can do that too.
#8  July 29, 2009, 10:07:03 pm
  • Hey ken , can i do this ? - SURE YOU CAN
    • firemugen.webs.com/
OK ,

My feedbacks :

-  the 9000,1 portrait is weird and  should be 120 x 140 (et ya un blanc transparent , enfin c'est assez bizarre)

- ground.velocity should be fixed , in my opinion in some attacks ( par exemple sur  le coup de griffe , t'as limpression que P2 va voler bien haut et en fait il virevolte a toute vitesse droit dans le mur)

- the black effect on one attack is ugly , i suggest to take a better one

- hitsounds doesn't fit with attacks

- clsn of basics , should be covered by Blue clsns

- some required animations are missing (41 , 42 , 43 , meme si tu n'as rien a mettre dedans , met un sprite du perso debout avec un temps de 1 tick , ça evitera d'avoir des erreurs signalées par le debug et supprime les commandes pour le saut et pour le crouch etc.. , encore une fois pour eviter des signalements d'erreurs dans le debug)

I think that ; it was a good idea to try to make something original , but with so not much attacks it's pretty hard to make of grimmjow a good char , good luck for the following

#9  July 30, 2009, 12:47:38 am
there's still room for improvement and lots more development...don't give up and i think it may be a good character ;) will be waiting for the next update!
#10  July 30, 2009, 12:57:32 am
  • yoh is the the toughest samuri of all
hey did you rip this from bleach wii game. ???
#11  July 30, 2009, 05:26:43 am
  • oh! kah! mi...
Exactly.
Don't try to cover everything as in one box per limb or anything.

If you can, just one box around the body works fine. If you wanna keep the head seperate, you can do that too.

ok i didn't know about clsn, thought more blue clsn will be good...i'll fix it for sure!

hey did you rip this from bleach wii game. Huh
yes and as i said this game sucks...

there's still room for improvement and lots more development...don't give up and i think it may be a good character Wink will be waiting for the next update!
thanks. i'll keep the works! :sugoi:

-to kakashi: merci de tes feedbacks, je les prends en compte et les "fixerai" ;)

-so i decide to work (hard :D) on it and i put ulquiorra too.
ulquiorra: same "shit" as grimmjow cause he is based on it...

http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=PJS3QG3C

-and now the most important for me:

A MOD COULD REPLACE THIS TOPIC IN WIP SECTION PLEASE? chars are not ready yet to unleash!
THANK YOU all for feedbacks (i know now, but i wanted to be sure) but the most significant for me now is:
I REALLY NEED IDEAS FOR GAMEPLAY PLEASE!!! and don't forget that this bleach game is poor in chars animations(proof: no jump and no crouch animation) --;

will do my best ;D :sugoi:
Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:31:14 am by aiacos
#12  July 30, 2009, 06:32:00 am
Now we just need a 3d Kon *HINT HINT* =p

Hmm I think this is a little to early to be a beta though. Alpha maybe? Release your projects once there a little more playable otherwise we cant really do much feed back. ,:3
#13  July 30, 2009, 01:07:14 pm
  • oh! kah! mi...
i didn't say it was a beta...just work in progress or unfinished work yet ;) so i'm ok with alpha.

just decided to share this in order to have ideas from others...to improve chars (cause i'm blocked of any ideas)

And now i don't want more feedback, i would like more ideas of gameplay, not the same thing to me!
Re: someone could put this in the projects section please? thanks
#14  July 30, 2009, 01:44:42 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Oh Shit!  :o
While a basic char is incredible!
Congratulations man! :suttrox:
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Re: grimmjow/ ulquiorra
#15  July 30, 2009, 06:08:01 pm
  • oh! kah! mi...
thank you walt to move it  :D
Re: grimmjow / ulquiorra
#16  July 30, 2009, 06:32:13 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Wow... The Ulquiorra also? C'mon...
Amazing!  :grin2:
Lol...
I'll download too!!!!!! :drummer: :guitarist: :hump: :suttrox:
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:20:15 pm by Dan Mt.
#17  July 30, 2009, 07:04:10 pm
I have an idea for you to improve the gameplay of the characters for starter give them the ability to jump and try giving them more buttons to attack
#18  July 30, 2009, 08:15:54 pm
I have an idea for you to improve the gameplay of the characters for starter give them the ability to jump and try giving them more buttons to attack
In other words...do something with them.
 :P
#19  July 30, 2009, 09:06:37 pm
  • oh! kah! mi...
thanks for th help psychomaticMarik :P :P

I don't plan to do jumping animation, i'am a poor drawer. (if someone is interested by, contact me i'm open...)
But after fix some things (clsn...) and to compensate for the no jump/crouch animation, i will add new movements:

-1 "mash combo" movement in add
-1 button attack in add
-a "sonido/shunpo" movement
-3 helpers: Tousen with projectile, gin with small combo attack, aizen for a air barrier
-a super "cero" with the help of ulquiorra
-first cero will be a special
- 2 hypers: bankai attack by gin and tousen

i'll keep the work :D
#20  July 30, 2009, 09:28:40 pm
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
Ugh... assists... that would be stupid. Especially for Grimmjow.