YesNoOk

Ninja Valerie New Year and FINAL release (Read 23215 times)

Started by kakkoii superhero, December 13, 2009, 09:29:58 am
Share this topic:
Ninja Valerie New Year and FINAL release
#1  December 13, 2009, 09:29:58 am
  • all is love in fair and war
FINAL gameplay version
Happy New Year, and another update  ;P

finally...I'll say this is the final gameplay update, her moves are smooth enough, she already has lots of features, and also her AI is already there too, and a configuration text to please everybody to tweak almost all her important features, however there might be some overlooked bug... perhaps somehow
if somebody find one please tell me.
(the only reason I would update her in the future would be if somehow I decide to change the sprite into betterness)
while atm, I'm preparing to start my new project.

this is her final feature added in this release:

New Year update
-   removing non working DefenceMulSet controller in Venomize Hyper, replaced by lifeadd with 0.3*gethitvar(damage) for damage [51,550]
   and 0.5*gethitvar(damage) for damage < 50

-   spinning kunai command replaced by ~F, B, F, y

-   fixing overlapping character voice in breaker stance and its following moves

-   mine has longer activation time, 60 gameticks after being planted means,
   downed opponent has a chance to block it if the mine is planted while their lying on the floor,
   or while being bounced by previous attack,
   player has more time to move away from it
   And also it will flash red once when activated, will flash again just before expiration time

-   damage dampener added

-    damage value of basic moves tweaked

-   fixing hit velocity for raging vultures,
   now the target no longer pushed too much thus made the super moves connected properly on corners.

-   staying in the breaker stance now consuming power (and need at least 1 point of power to perform it)

-   removing power gain in hypers

-   adding backroll, since it become a necessity to make it more agile, especially when cornered

-    laying down time, reduced into 20ticks like most people. before it was 60,
   and made it too easy for opponent who has floor grab.

-   all important features can be easily tweaked in a single configuration file
   - Censorship management
   - Venomize attributes ( venom, offensive, defensive, life regen)
   - Explosives behavior (affecting both or opponent only)
   - Starting Inventory (adjusting initial amount of her kunais, bombs, and mines)
   - Damage Dampener values

Download at
http://www.justnopoint.com/valerievultures/

Happy New Year everybody!

update Xmas eve
If there is one person who is spending xmas eve @ home editing mugen character then it would be me  :P

but today I've done lots of things:
- new AI, not too difficult to fight with, but non boring either, she will do purposeful lots of things.

- have completely solved ai debug flood

- total CLSN remake, reduce the number of clsn1 into only at the moment of impact,
  but clsn1 is no longer covered with clsn2 at the desired attacking point, will hopefully make the exchange of blows more
  timing related than priority.

- some animation timing has been tweaked so it wil be drawn faster
  (in the same speed as other characters, so a human player can use her hand to hand attacks more effectively)

- adding new chain attack for the standing kicks, AI is programmed to do that occasionally (LP, LK(hold), (tap)HK, HK, throw kunai)

- I give access into breaker stance when successfully blocked any attack by pressing (C, while blocking), so it will work as
  counter, but be aware that this stance only invincible toward normal attack, throws, Projectiles, Specials, Hypers, will hit.
  so the opponent can bait you with a jab followed by a special if you abuse this counter too often.

- for palette 1-6, by pressing "start + up" during game, it will show her movelist, press "up" again and it will show more list,
  BTW the game timer is paused, but opponent can still attack, so it's not a safe timeout.

- and new intro as well (also showing the updated movelist)

- new palettes also some with asian, brown and dark skintones. (all new palettes names begin with "nval09r")

- long hunting claw has 1 new frame, and now it has flexible range,
  if the opponent is closer than its maximum range it will land sooner and execute the attack. this will make some moves can chain into it
  if timed properly, however performing the move too soon while opponent is lauched too high in the air will miss,
  while the previous setting would probably hit since it will tumbled into the opponent in mid air and push them back while executing the attacking part.

download at

merry X mas everybody!
 :sugoi:

updated dec17 :

#bomb and mines
- hit both party (as default) can be changed into non hitting in the .def file
- will be no longer hitable by normal kicks and punches, now labelled correctly as projectile (was an oversight bug)

#all projectiles
- are mid attacks, no longer need to crouch to block mines and bombs or spread kunai
- kunai take longer time to perform

# final vultures
- need 2 powerstocks and take 2 powerstock (correcting the bug in prev release)

# throw range
- much closer with a faster anim now, require better timing and positioning from player to perform

# other moves
- corner push added to all moves
- add new overhead attack (x+y)

# jump
- gravitation reduced, has higher jump now
- also fix the bug with multiple air jumps when controlled by ai

# roll
- there are 3 roll sets, from stationary position (shortest), from just started to run (middle range), and from full run (longest)

# reducing clsn
- more simplify clsn for diagonal attack

# new AI,
more agile with movements, and can detect and avoid her own explosives (thanks to Don Drago for the triggers),
not 100% foulproof though, she still got blownup by her own bomb occasionally when opponent also very mobile, or there are
too many own projectiles nearby that confuse her ai... but only happen occasionally, human player might do that sometime too.

# Inventory panel can be turned on or off anytime by pressing "start+C" to turn off and "start+Z" to turn on,
the default setting for single match is on and for simultaneous battle is off

details and download
(thanks TDS for hosting her  :) )

some videos from few days ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuGzRGilI9o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM-p7XIctwY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1rX59VO4Nw

enjoy, and please comment on her gameplay (or sprite) if you have time
have a nice holiday

it is an old character I know, but ever improving all around & I'm working alone as well so please no prejudice

it is an original character from scratch,
spritewise is kinda KoF style in regards of lighting source and such, but not really I use 7shades of skintones and I don't use KOF way of paralel shading on pants, but it blends with snk roster without problem.
gameplay wise... I'm not sure, I like custom combo with more freedom, like LP HP HK, or LP LK HK, well that types so don't compare to KOF, she has a roll though,
and instead of short and long jump, she has air jump, her normal jump being short, and if down button pressed during midair it will make the jump even shorter.

in the new release I include 2 possible feature, that is her bombs and mines can hit her self or not, as a default I disabled it since the AI is still kinda dumb on recognizing her own bombs. but if you open .def
I put more info how to change there.

all projectiles are changed into mid attacks.

also new AI, not that hard but quite active.

here some screens:

Re: Valerie09r Dec 13 release
#2  December 13, 2009, 10:07:13 am
I know there is a saying like "quiet customer is a happy customer" , "silent is golden", "no news mean good news"
but I could use some feedback though, especially when I changed her gameplay, I don't have various character in my own mugen, nor many friends who is willing to help me testing her, only sometimes when I kinda force them to (the older you are the harder to find friend that still like playing fighting games) so I hope someone would be kind enough to test her and inform me of any issues that is still left.

and for comparison I also put all the previous versions of her since day 1, including the KoF version coded by Galsia (will need update with my new sprite but it works, but untested, and I have a shallow knowledge in KoF gameplay let say I lost 50% of the time I play KoF)
#3  December 13, 2009, 01:58:25 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Looking good as always. She'll never be left out of my roster.

Also, very very nice looking movelist format...people here should take note of it.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#4  December 13, 2009, 03:46:07 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Her kunais are limited, but you can still chain them like crazy.
If you trap your opponent in the corner, you can send him in the air with a first qcf+Y, and then use all the kunais on him, almost killing him.
#5  December 13, 2009, 04:07:04 pm
Thank you for the comments  :)
@maxbeta
really? Thanks
about the movelist, actually I still have it in psd format, I can release it as template resource.
the movelist template have been uploaded at resource section here:
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=109468.new#new
feel free to use it  :)

@Cybaster
I set her kunais also bombs and mines to be recoverable, is it too fast for opponent to recover? or is some KOF char can't air recover by default or need certain height from ground before allowed to recover? If so I'll slow down the preparation animation to give more time or reduce the pause or hittime of the opponent. Thanks

#6  December 14, 2009, 01:37:18 am
just uploaded a patch to slowdown kunais, and change the hit velocities as well.
fixed bug in Final vulture when the requirement is only 2000 power but taking 3000 power when executed.
#7  December 14, 2009, 03:14:17 pm
after today's edits here is another match of me vs Sander's terry's ai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuGzRGilI9o
(there is one moment in it when terry kicked my bomb and it dissapeared)
any critiques are welcome
#8  December 14, 2009, 05:31:58 pm
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
i like her!  ;D

good job with these sprites bro! ;)
#9  December 16, 2009, 02:14:15 am
#10  December 16, 2009, 03:13:15 am
  • Veamos chicas!
    • El Salvador
I like her, even more after her first 6 palettes.  ::)
You did i great work spriting, i hope to see more original chars from you some time.
No estaba muerto
#11  December 16, 2009, 04:03:23 am
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
He did Sofia I wonder what's happen to her!
#12  December 16, 2009, 04:16:25 am
I like her, even more after her first 6 palettes.  ::)
You did i great work spriting, i hope to see more original chars from you some time.
haha, ;) 

He did Sofia I wonder what's happen to her!
ah.. that.... sofia
she needs a total makeover  ;P
I have a plan of making a new character based on an action figure I customed (I have several photos of her at my post in graphic section) giving it a triple sticks, and I can call her "sofia10r" or something like that  ;D
#13  December 16, 2009, 04:27:42 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Welcome to the brotherhood
Re: Ninja Valerie Dec 17 release
#14  December 18, 2009, 09:41:24 pm
updated today
#15  December 19, 2009, 05:11:41 pm
  • "Let Us Cling Together."

Nice update, looks good. Next you should release the girl on your avatar xD I'm just messing.
#16  December 19, 2009, 08:22:41 pm
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/hadoabuser
Ur updating too fast  :wall: :pwnonk:

Whats shocking is the amount of changes between them. :)
Card Sagas Wars > what ever you like.
POTS has his name in 50% of characters' readme. I shall have 50% too, but for stages ! :ninja: ;D
#17  December 20, 2009, 01:02:04 am
Nice update, looks good. Next you should release the girl on your avatar xD I'm just messing.
would be hopefully, maybe next year  :) I already brought up that idea on the idea engineering section

Ur updating too fast  :wall: :pwnonk:

Whats shocking is the amount of changes between them. :)
yah... I'm retarted like that... I can't wait and let it sit quietly for further scrutinizing and editing after my head cools down  :wall:. so this release is going to be fixed again sometime soon regarding AI debug spam  :'(
Re: Ninja Valerie Dec 17 release + (patch to fix AI debug flood) updated
#18  December 20, 2009, 10:11:27 am
Re: Ninja Valerie X-mas release
#19  December 24, 2009, 01:06:26 pm
merry X-mas and another rather major changes released. detail at first post
Re: Ninja Valerie X-mas release
#20  December 24, 2009, 04:46:17 pm
  • Sexo con condon ?, haber comete un tamal con hoja.
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
Damn good this char is one of my favorites, by the way want to ask if in a near future she will be compatible with Ana ?  :S