Guy updated 14/1/10 (Read 10836 times)

Started by BC, January 06, 2010, 03:00:30 am
Share this topic:

BC

Guy updated 14/1/10
#1  January 06, 2010, 03:00:30 am
    • UK
Guy V1.1
As most of you know i wasn't going to release Guy but i couldn't keep him in any longer lol
I've been working long and hard on him for around 4 months i think (estimate) so i hope you have as much fun with him
as i did through the creating process. He is my proudest creation to date so treat him with care :P

screenies:

here is the readme copied which shows features and move list:

Guy (sfa4) V1.1 by BC
;==========================================================================
My second release of my upcoming full game project Street Fighter Alpha 4 (name may change).
This guy is accurate to the sfa3 version (almost, velocities were using my own method that looks right) with pretty good AI. I've converted him from full game only to "universal" to the best that i could.

I'd like to say a special thanks to Staubhold my "Beta Tester Deluxe"
he does a great job at spotting flaws and stuff not quite right being the gamer that he is.

also i would like to thank beatrice for her vector coding
pots for being open source
rajaa for guy's palm blast fx
ryon for his palm blast fx and hi res sparks
Sky79 for his sprite editing
MFG developmental help team
Darkshade for mash code help

please forgive me if i forgot anyone else its not deliberate my memory is just bad im sure thats
eveyone though.
;======================================================================

This version features are:

-air recovery
-ground recovery
-roll recover back and forward
-3 supers
-1 desperation move (rage)
-alpha counter
-custom combo
-3 throws including air (including knee mashing throw with shoulder throw cancel)
-ff chain combo's and throw cancels
-palletes from sfa3 and sfa2
- 3 Intro's including Master Zeku
-new special move (teleport)
-wall jump

Move List:
;=======================================================
                Desperation Move: (must have a full powerbar and flashing red)

(rage)
B,HCB + HK
;====================================================
     Supers: (must have a full powerbar)

Bushin Musou Renge
HCBx2 + HP

Bushin Hassou Ken
QCFx2 + HP

Bushin Gourai Kyaku
QCFx2 + HK

Custom Combo
HP+HK
;=======================================================
Special Moves:

Teleport (air only)
F,D,DF+kk   Or  B,D,DB+kk

Hayagake
QCF,lk (press any kick after to stop the run)
QCF,mk (press any kick after to sweep)
QCF,hk (press any kick to round house)

Houzanto
QCB,lp
QCB,mp
QCB,hp

Bushin Izuna Otoshi/Izuna no Hiji Otoshi
QCF,lp
QCF,mp
QCF,hp
(pressing punch after the command will do an elbow once velocity is on its way down, by pressing punch just past p2's head will slam p2.)

Bushin Senpuu Kyaku
QCB,LK
QCB,MK
QCB,HK

Alpha Counter
While blocking an attack press forwards + HP + HK   (costs 250 power)

:===========================================================
Throws

Seoi Nage
forward or  back+pp

Tsukami Nage
forward or back+kk  (mash buttons for more hits and this throw also features a Seoi Nage cancel, during a knee hit press forward + hp to throw out of it)

Izuna Otoshi
forward or back+pp (in the air)

Bushin Ryuu Seoi Nage
lp mp hp then down+hk (must be close)
this is a final fight chain throw cancel from Xism
;=================================================================
Misc

Bushin Gokusa Ken
lp mp hp hk (close)
(has juggle propperties)

SanKaku Tobi (wall jump)
jump against a wall then press the opposite direction

;=================================================================
Patch Details:

-Clsn added to teleport.
-Rage damage toned down by around 200lp
-Rage can now only be used after round 1 for fairness and to stop the unfair advantage of people turtling till they get a full bar then ending the round fairly easy using this move.
-Rage indicator only shows after round 1 (see above)

Bug Fix:
-sometimes during rage activation if p2 was already in his attack frame and guy attempts to grab it doesnt turn off rage mode causing a glitch.

here is the link enjoy: http://mugenevolution.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=1600.0

IMPORTANT PATCH: patch details above http://mugenevolution.co.uk/Guy_Patch.zip

another patch here http://www.mugenevolution.co.uk/clsn_tweak.zip f+y wasn't hitting in the corner
Accepting commissions
Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:08:57 pm by BC
Re: Guy Released! (sfa4 project)
#2  January 06, 2010, 05:07:57 am
  • "Let Us Cling Together."
Nice so far BC! I'm liking this Guy! One thing that bothers me, after the Bushin Musou Renge, P2 falling animation suppose to fall like that and not head first to the ground? Otherwise this is perfect!
#3  January 06, 2010, 05:21:02 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Awesome to see that you released Guy. I thought he was for the project only (Which I don't mind really :P). But now we have an accurate Guy from SFA3. Anyway, can't wait to test him, I'll see if I find anything since you worked so hard on him. For now, thanks for the release. :sugoi:
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.

BC

#4  January 06, 2010, 05:31:28 am
    • UK
Nice so far BC! I'm liking this Guy! One thing that bothers me, after the Bushin Musou Renge, P2 falling animation suppose to fall like that and not head first to the ground? Otherwise this is perfect!

Thanks glad you like, and yea its supposed to be that way check alpha 3 ;) 
Accepting commissions
#5  January 06, 2010, 08:12:18 am
P2 supposed to fall like at? Okay!
Zeku doesn't share palletes with Guy?
Be nice if Rage mode stays til the end of the round.

BC

#6  January 06, 2010, 07:35:25 pm
    • UK
fix a couple of things a friend mentioned, please re-download for most current version.

-close hp, crouch med punch, standing mp and close mk all cancel into supers
-lp cancels into itself as does close lk  (exactly the same as sfa3)
-down+mp in air elbow now has some velmul like in alpha 3 (kinda like momentum compression)
-bushin flip elbow strong comes out a little quicker now.

EDIT: and a couple of clsns.
Accepting commissions
Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:11:15 pm by BC
#7  January 07, 2010, 12:05:00 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I really like what you did with this character. I'm no Guy player at all, so I wouldn't be able to say at which point he's accurate (for example compared to the ultimate combo videos you must have based him on), but he feels damn solid !!! :2thumbsup:

The only little things I dislike are just a matter of preference with the effects. Since you're using shiny HR hitsparks, it'd feel natural if the teleport and Master Zeku's intro didn't have this old style "transparency" based on pixels not appearing, but rather real transparency.

Apart from that, this character is definitely a keeper. :)
#8  January 07, 2010, 02:47:04 am
  • Wish he had a tommy gun that'll be sick!!!!!
    • gongarea.blogspot.com/
i am a major guy player so i would have to say: this is absolutely incredible!!!
i like the teleport idea it makes him seem more ninja-like and his sprites are pretty nice too
hmm hit-sparks...there ok.. 8)
but overall this is the best guy out yet congratz :sugoi:

BC

#9  January 07, 2010, 03:39:20 pm
    • UK
I really like what you did with this character. I'm no Guy player at all, so I wouldn't be able to say at which point he's accurate (for example compared to the ultimate combo videos you must have based him on), but he feels damn solid !!! :2thumbsup:

The only little things I dislike are just a matter of preference with the effects. Since you're using shiny HR hitsparks, it'd feel natural if the teleport and Master Zeku's intro didn't have this old style "transparency" based on pixels not appearing, but rather real transparency.

Apart from that, this character is definitely a keeper. :)

Thanks for the comments im glad you like him :)

@ Gongarea    "hit-sparks....there ok..." xD well they are certainly better than untouched alpha sparks imo.
also thanks im glad you like as well.

heres a little video of some combos and AI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfFi_h5fWKg
Accepting commissions

BC

#10  January 07, 2010, 05:18:37 pm
    • UK
sorry for the double post it has no relation to the previous post

new info:

Please re-download guy, i found a bug with the throw cancel from the knee mashing throw.

after the first knee if you press a direction and lp+mp (which should not be allowed only F+hp) it throws guy and glitches

The cause of this was simple, i changed state after a certain animelemtime and after the F+hp command was pressed, but in that particular state (first knee state 831) the targetstate would be true when "recovery" command was activated, this was wrong and i left recovery in there because i was testing something.

However now its fixed so please re-download lol
Accepting commissions
Re: Guy updated 7/1/10
#11  January 07, 2010, 10:51:45 pm
Can you just post what you changed so we don't have to download the character all over again.
Or just make patches for your updates.

BC

#12  January 07, 2010, 11:00:55 pm
    • UK
ok no problem but as far as this update is concerned the char is already uploaded.
Accepting commissions
#13  January 09, 2010, 06:18:04 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

In alpha 3 you could pull a QCB+LK and then a QCFx2+P. In your Guy it seems that i can only do that with the strong version, not the weak one.

BC

#14  January 09, 2010, 04:00:16 pm
    • UK
In alpha 3 you could pull a QCB+LK and then a QCFx2+P. In your Guy it seems that i can only do that with the strong version, not the weak one.

*tries*

i pulled it off just fine, pretty strict window though.

and yea its slightly easier in sfa3, i can tweak if necessary. The clsns aren't sfa3 accurate so the start up attack on the supers clsns might be bigger too or p2 might travel a little higher after the hurricane kick.

thanks for mentioning it.
Accepting commissions
#15  January 10, 2010, 11:09:32 am
  • Mugen Breaker
    • France
    • xiollheart.free.fr/
Your Guy is perfect for my point of view  :). I didn't played a lot Guy in SFA3 but I felt almost the same impression when I play with him.
In the Rage Attack I guess the final punch is like his super move from Final Fight 3 ?
I just noticed for some throws (Seoi Nage & Izuna Otoshi), the direction he throws is at the opposite of the direction we pressed.

Otherwise nothing much to say, Congratulations for you release !
Age doesn't make experience, ... Damn I'm the eldest.
#16  January 10, 2010, 02:33:38 pm
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
woow you made a great version of guy!

i like bro!  :sugoi:

BC

#17  January 10, 2010, 03:40:41 pm
    • UK
Your Guy is perfect for my point of view  :). I didn't played a lot Guy in SFA3 but I felt almost the same impression when I play with him.
In the Rage Attack I guess the final punch is like his super move from Final Fight 3 ?
I just noticed for some throws (Seoi Nage & Izuna Otoshi), the direction he throws is at the opposite of the direction we pressed.

Otherwise nothing much to say, Congratulations for you release !

The rage was his final fight 3 super and the slam part was inspired from his sf4 ultra.
With the throws i made it so that you can press back or forward to change directions he throws p2, i might have got it back to front and make forward throw back and back throw forward  ;P  (as its not a huge problem I'll change that in an update)

Thanks for your feedback and comments.

@ Master Yoda

Glad you liked!
Accepting commissions
#18  January 11, 2010, 01:01:02 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
Yo BC, one of my pals brought up something, and I agree with him on it, but he has too much invincibility during his teleport, or rather, no clsn when he drops to the ground after it.

He also reported an odd animation glitch with Guy's Bushin Izuna Otoshi. He would suddenly do the grab animation, stop, and drop to the ground. I haven't seen it myself, but he said he would try to get it on video.

He also thinks the Rage move is too powerful. I'd have to agree.
Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:13:21 pm by Running Wild

BC

#19  January 11, 2010, 02:05:25 pm
    • UK
Yo BC, one of my pal brought up something, and I agree with him on it, but he has too much invincibility during his teleport, or rather, no clsn when he drops to the ground after it.

He also reported an odd animation glitch with Guy's Bushin Izuna Otoshi. He would suddenly do the grab animation, stop, and drop to the ground. I haven't seen it myself, but he said he would try to get it on video.

He also thinks the Rage move is too powerful. I'd have to agree.

Thanks for bringing that up, the clsn thing wasn't deliberate it's something i accidently left out.

Never had the Otoshi problem myself after lots and lots of testing against him and my other characters, while he is working on hopefully trying to show a video could you please ask him if it was against just 1 character or more than 1, if it was 1 it could possibly be that characters fault.

My friend Hadoabuser also said Rage is overpowered :P mayb i'll tone it down a little then but not drastically like cut in half.

Cheers Tengu.
Accepting commissions

BC

Re: Guy updated 14/1/10
#20  January 14, 2010, 01:51:22 pm
    • UK
New patch available see first post (at the bottom) for patch details and a bug fix.

Please replace the new files.

-.air  for teleport clsn
-.cmd for rage restrictions
-rage.cns for damage reduction
-guy.cns for rage indicator removal in round 1 and bug fix see first post again for details.
Accepting commissions