YesNoOk

Bleach Small Portraits (Read 6723 times)

Started by Dope, April 21, 2010, 06:32:43 am
Share this topic:
Bleach Small Portraits
#1  April 21, 2010, 06:32:43 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Basically I made new custom small portraits for the better bleach characters. These all use the colors of the character's sprites so they share with palettes properly.

Here's my preferred icons:

And a few extra ones:

And mugen screenshots:

Characters these icons were made for:
StormEX's
Ichigo
Ogihci
The new Hitsugaya beta

Lightmatt's
Kisuke
Kyugohanin

Bwdyeti's
Byakuya
Ikkaku
Ukitake
Kon

Alchemist's
Chad
Tousen
Yoruichi

Ashisukurou's
Orihime

SSJSonGoku's
Kenpachi

BlkFrog's
Rukia

Installation steps for Fighter Factory newbies:
-Open up Fighter Factory and open up a character, then click the Sprites tab at the top.
-Scroll to the character's small portrait. Then click the button on the left that's a blue folder and says 'change' when you scroll over it (also says pcx on the icon). Now find the new small portrait you want to replace it with and hit open. Also some of these characters have misaligned small portraits (a couple of StormEX's characters do) so make sure the x and y axis are both set to 0.
-Hit the icon on the left that has sff written on it and says save when you scroll over it.
-Done. Now do these steps for the other characters and enjoy.

Download link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xh6roh
Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:40:21 am by Sir Smokesalot
Re: Bleach Small Portraits
#2  April 21, 2010, 06:44:21 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
Adding to the site now! :sugoi:
#3  April 21, 2010, 07:33:09 am
  • Follow the signal.
    • lightmattstoybox.wordpress.com/
And as soon as I get off my lazy ass and release the Sajin Beta; then you can add his mini portrait too.

Edit: Also linked this to my site, too.
        Link to post 31
Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 07:46:00 am by lightmatt
#4  April 21, 2010, 08:05:57 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Much appreciated matt.

Added this pack to my site as well.
#5  April 21, 2010, 02:22:39 pm
  • Live Peacefully!
    • www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002353893325
Thank You Very Much Sir Smokesalot.
Now, They Look Very Nice On Character Selection Screen.
 :smiley2:

#6  April 21, 2010, 06:24:59 pm
  • I is a chicken? Lol?
    • StormEX.Webs.com/
U used a base or you did them all yourself?

I just noticed, that the kid in my avatar looks just like Titlin except with blonde hair. I'm not even joking.
#7  April 21, 2010, 07:19:08 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Basically what I did was I googled for images and picked out pictures that had their faces in the right pose/direction I wanted then I cropped and resized them. Then I redrew the entire thing and only used colors from the character's sprites. The resized images were just a guide for proportions, I still had to redraw alot of details from scratch to get them to look good since the original resized images look like shit and you cant make out any details.

2OS

#8  May 16, 2010, 07:55:48 am
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
Basically what I did was I googled for images and picked out pictures that had their faces in the right pose/direction I wanted then I cropped and resized them. Then I redrew the entire thing and only used colors from the character's sprites. The resized images were just a guide for proportions, I still had to redraw alot of details from scratch to get them to look good since the original resized images look like shit and you cant make out any details.

I recently did something highly similar to this with the judgment edit I released a day ago so I know how much work it is, and how long it takes, difference tho is I only did one portrait, you did multiple portraits, which is highly commendable, I'm sure the community will respect and appreciate the amount of patience and detail you put forth  :sugoi:

A recommendation I'll make tho is after you set up your proportions, do a palette edit, replace the portraits colors with the colors of the palette you're trying to share it to, go by brightness, and add some colors to the palette if necessary, THEN fill in some details by pixelating, and apply the palette order on the image when completely finished, to me this way is easier, you may find it easier too
#9  May 16, 2010, 08:07:02 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Well on average it took me about 12 or so minutes to make each portrait. Some of them I finished within 7 minutes so really making all these portraits didnt take me as long as you'd think but it did still take quite some time.

And about the method you mentioned, The first few steps are pretty similar to what I did but the rest I find unnecessary because if I were to add more colors to the characters' palettes then that'd make them useless for people to download unless I reupload the characters themselves. The main reasons I made these is so people could easily download and add these and have all their bleach character icons match better with a custom look.

2OS

#10  May 16, 2010, 09:10:02 am
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
Well on average it took me about 12 or so minutes to make each portrait. Some of them I finished within 7 minutes so really making all these portraits didnt take me as long as you'd think but it did still take quite some time.

And about the method you mentioned, The first few steps are pretty similar to what I did but the rest I find unnecessary because if I were to add more colors to the characters' palettes then that'd make them useless for people to download unless I reupload the characters themselves. The main reasons I made these is so people could easily download and add these and have all their bleach character icons match better with a custom look.

That's the one thing I didnt consider, you're not updating chars, you're just doing portraits so yea, adding colors is a nono