YesNoOk

Piccolo B3- Update 4.8 (Read 75832 times)

Started by +Kramer+, April 29, 2010, 12:00:57 am
Share this topic:
Piccolo B3- Update 4.8
#1  April 29, 2010, 12:00:57 am
Hi to all, Im Spanish.

This is my first char and I did not know it was so hard to make a character from scratch, but its too fun.  Anyone can make a char .... But is too hard make a good char!! ;D!

I tried to make a fast, easy and fun gameplay. As promised in another forum a year ago Piccolo has many moves. The first name was Piccolo Shin Budokai.

Piccolo is now open source!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>
***UPDATES***

UPDATE 1:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

UPDATE 2:

UPDATE 3:

UPDATE 3.5:

UPDATE 4:

UPDATE 4.5:

UPDATE 4.7:

UPDATE 4.81:

- Endless ->A,A,->B combo loop fixed.
- Endless ->A,A,->B,(->)B combo loop fixed too.
- And fixed unknown ->A,A,->B,(->)B,A combo.
- When hitting the wall you made the opponent use a non required animation... ; fixed.
- AI 9%.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>>
Piccolo is now open source!
Have fun with Piccolo and make good edits.  ;) :sugoi: Is a good idea convert Piccolo to Mugen 1.0.
Download1 -->  Piccolo B3 ver.0.97. Update 4.81
Download2 -->  Piccolo B3 ver.0.97. Update 4.81
Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 12:52:59 am by +Kramer+
Re: Piccolo B3*Released*
#2  April 29, 2010, 01:58:17 am
  • "Vision? What do you know about my vision?"
I have seen a preview vid of this character a while back and it looked good before.  I will test now and be back with feedback.
#3  April 29, 2010, 02:06:29 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- Yeah, you already mentionned the CLSN box rule.
- Other thing about CLSN boxes : be careful with infinite priority, especially on basic moves. His A move for example has huge range, and no blue CLSN box on the arm, which makes the move almost invincible since he can hit the opponent very easily.
- Up to teleport ?! Now that's a very odd thing to do, especially for 2D fighting games. Why no jump ? You could always put the teleport on another button, such as X, Y or Z.
- About the teleport : it's very very unbalanced. At the end of the teleport, you have to put some cool down time, during which Piccolo can be hit and doesn't have control. I can just maintain U, and Piccolo will be completely invincible.
- The big portrait seems to be a bit scaled X wise.
- Be very careful with your juggle system. It may in fact need a complete overhaul. In the corner, I can do things such as A,A,f+B,qcf+A,A,A,f+B,qcf+A,f+B,qcf+A for more than 500 damage. Either cut down the comboability much more, especially when juggling the opponent, either add a damage dampener which will reduce drastically the damage once you combo too much.
- I'm not a big fan of this Capsule system, taken directly from the PS2 game. Looks like an excuse to add boosts to Piccolo, but they don't make much sense IMO (would Piccolo seriously use capsules in a fight ?!). Regeneration and clone are the only ones which make sense, and I'd see them as supers.
- Specials shouldn't take away power, otherwise they'd be supers (or EX moves). You may want to tone down Telekinesis and not make it remove power.
- I can't seem to combo from Grab/Cogida into much else, which makes the move almost useless, since it leaves Piccolo wide open in most cases.
- Aahhh..Get This! is really slow, and doesn't have any invincibility window. This would be fine if it had some range, which isn't the case. Even the damage is not high enough to compensate how bad this move is compared to the rest of his arsenal. :P
- Stupid thing, but I don't see much logic in the commands you gave Piccolo. You obvisouly didn't go for the 2P/2K system, but I can't recognize a light/hard/Ki attack system or anything similar. It's as if you chose the commands at random for each move, which makes them kinda hard to memorize.
- I don't like the commands for the supers either. Something like qcf/qcb+2buttons or qcf*2/qcb*2+A/B/C would have been more technical and better IMO.
- Is Light grenade2 unguardable ? o_O
- The explosion on Light grenade2 doesn't match with the rest of the CVS type FX. Try using Rugal's explosion FX instead.
- Really, what the difference between Special beam cannon and Light Grenade2 if both of them deal the same damage and have the exact same properties (from what I saw) ?
- Big Piccolo gives a huge debug flood.
- What the Hell, if I jump back during Big Piccolo (as Player 2), and dodge the big foot, when I come down to the ground, I receive damage even though I wasn't hit ! o_O

This may seem like a lot of things, and yeah it is, but overall, I think this is a very nice creation for a 1st character. :yes: The various variants in combos which you have listed work pretty well. All the moves are coded properly, even though some properties need to be fixed. The FX is globally very nice and consistent in most cases.
Apart from the bugs which need fixing, my biggest complain would be that the commands are hard to memorize, and you end up smashing buttons, because the loose timings allows Piccolo to perform nice combos and even specials by pressing many buttons randomly.
#4  April 29, 2010, 02:24:26 am
  • "Vision? What do you know about my vision?"
Couldn't have said it better myself Cybaster.  Also I seem to have noticed that all of his supers are unblockable.  You might want to change this. In my eyes the character is pretty good. Just fix those flaws and this character will be a diamond.
#5  April 29, 2010, 07:46:40 am
  • FUCK YOUR FACE. ;-)
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
HOLY SHIT! PICCOLO from bodakai 3!

This is awesome. Killer release man  ;D
#6  April 29, 2010, 07:51:11 am
  • Bionic Arm lol
    • sites.google.com/site/illegiblescience/home
I saw that the debug flood had lots of "Expression truncated to integer" lines in it. That happens when you try to pass a float as an integer. To solve this, use the ceil or floor function to round it up or down, respectively.

Hope this helps a little. This is a fun character.
#7  April 29, 2010, 05:30:59 pm
  • The Supreme Fist
    • cfkm-media.weebly.com/
From the vid looks like a sick character,then I tried him out. ehhh >:(

Your sig is too big. Max sig size is 600x200 pixels.
Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 08:42:19 pm by SPRIGGAN
#8  April 29, 2010, 10:11:22 pm
Thanks alot for your comments, specially to Cybaster. I was just needed know, all the failures that could not see. Uh, there are many. ;D.

- About CLSN boxes.. Clsn2, always have to be two or can be three? I think if I put only two in some images looks bad. The same with CLN1, in diagonal kick for example.

This is ok?

- Ok, no infinite priorities.
- I tried badly make a decent jump but i couldnt, and i dont have jump sprites. How do that? For not up empty button I put the teleport.
- Teleport, yes. I like this idea down time for Piccolo can be hit. And I will fix endesless teleport. ;)
- I dont understand portrait tip. Im with google traslation too but...  :)
- Be very careful with your juggle system... I will make better jugle system, thanks.
- I'm not a big fan of this Capsule system.... I will delete Unlimited power. You do not like Aura burst mode? Do you think letters in Supers etc looks good? I say because dunno if the letters are good make it.

- About telekinesis. I like a lot but the move is really fast, that is the reason of 1000 power. I tried slow down but... The same i make a Super with that like Choujin Piccolo. But if i make a super with that, i lose specials.. What do you think?
- Grab/Cogida. You can combo with ->B. That is the idea.
- Aahhh..Get This! is really slow.. Yea i know. I will think in that.
- I don't see much logic in the commands you gave Piccolo.. I think you need to give him another chance. I think the command are good. The same in "moveset" position command are hard to take at first.  But are really easy to memorize, the same another person can give a new opnion. Im totally sure. Im started with command buttons and combos in mind when was 1% done.

- Command for supers. I will make new ones.  ;)
- All supers are inguardables. I will fix that too.
- What the difference between Special beam cannon... There two diferent moves, i dont understand you.
- Yeah fhqwhgads7, i didnt know how do that. I knew the problem was to pass a float as an integer. Thanks!.
- What the Hell, if I jump back during Big Piccolo.... The foot take full screen, no matter where you are. Or what you talking about, bad CLSN box?

------------------------
See ya!

GT

#9  April 30, 2010, 03:07:53 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby

:thumbsup:
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#10  April 30, 2010, 01:05:37 pm
    • France
- About CLSN boxes.. Clsn2, always have to be two or can be three? I think if I put only two in some images looks bad. The same with CLN1, in diagonal kick for example.
It can even be 4 if you want. But yeah, 2 or 3 are generally what you need. As long as it looks correct, it's fine.

- I tried badly make a decent jump but i couldnt, and i dont have jump sprites. How do that? For not up empty button I put the teleport.
Too bad you don't have jump sprites, as they may be hard to edit.

- I dont understand portrait tip. Im with google traslation too but...  :)
I'm saying that the portrait looks deformed on the X axis. Instead of a having a scale of 1,1, it looks like there's a scale of 0.8,1.

- I'm not a big fan of this Capsule system.... I will delete Unlimited power. You do not like Aura burst mode? Do you think letters in Supers etc looks good? I say because dunno if the letters are good make it.
Aura burst mode isn't so bad. It's a bit like a Kaioken, so it's fine. The letters are okay, even though I'll agree that I'd prefer to see a simple palFX during the mode, with a little timer at the bottom of the screen, as you did, but no text at all (like POTS' chars when they enter Custom Combo mode).

- About telekinesis. I like a lot but the move is really fast, that is the reason of 1000 power. I tried slow down but... The same i make a Super with that like Choujin Piccolo. But if i make a super with that, i lose specials.. What do you think?
Yeah, you're right. If you want the move to not use power, you'd have to tone it down a lot, and maybe you don't want that.
However, I'd suggest a change in the powerbar system, using only 3 powerbars as usual characters, with telekinesis using 0.5 powerbar. The boosts could use one powerbar or two, depending on their power. And you could make the supers use from 1 to 3 powerars, changing their power accordingly.

- I don't see much logic in the commands you gave Piccolo.. I think you need to give him another chance. I think the command are good. The same in "moveset" position command are hard to take at first.  But are really easy to memorize, the same another person can give a new opnion. Im totally sure. Im started with command buttons and combos in mind when was 1% done.
Okay, I'll try again.

- What the difference between Special beam cannon... There two diferent moves, i dont understand you.
They are visually different, but they do the exact same thing : take the same power to perform, longe range projectile which is unguardable, is performed with the same conditions and remove the same amount of life to the opponent. They are the same move in terms of gameplay, only the visual is different. That's why you could use a 3 powerbars system, put one as a Lv1 and the other as a Lv2 and change their priority and damage so that they're different.

- What the Hell, if I jump back during Big Piccolo.... The foot take full screen, no matter where you are. Or what you talking about, bad CLSN box?
I'm talking about the fact that I can dodge the foot by jumping back (visually, the foot DOESN'T touch me), but when falling on the ground, I will loose life, whereas I was visually not hit at all by the big foot. And a full screen move like that is a no-no. The range of the foot is big enough IMO, no need to make it a full screen super.
#11  April 30, 2010, 06:20:57 pm
I like a lot your hyperGoku (by giving a name xD ) avatar Cybaster. Simply great.
---------------------

- First post updated.
- I Dont have jump sprites because does not exist.xD. Budokai 3 characters cant jump. This is the problem.
- I go to check portrait. Ah yes sure, this picture is from PSP...xd.
- I wasnt happy with Auraburst letters too, i will give only timer and the same with some more, but litle.
- I will change to 3 powerbars yes. And i will make a super with telekinesis, i think.
- Was weird for me listen that commands are hard to memorize. I use DBZ Shin Budokai ideas for make moveset, almost all are from that game. And if i think, Tekken 6 moveset is hard to memorize too. I tho was too too easy moveset, then i wrote little hard commands positions in moveset notepad for make they look hardest. loL
- I will think for fix those issues in Big Piccolo super. But i cant think make no unguardable. How can make a char guard that.? I think is stupid.
- Ah, and grab combo is with ->A,  I said you wrong. You can combo with kick.

---------
Thanks. See ya!
#12  May 01, 2010, 12:53:38 am
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
Out of curiosity how did you rip these sprites?
#13  May 01, 2010, 02:57:00 am
From the vid looks like a sick character,then I tried him out. ehhh >:(
You can help saying what you do not like. ;)

Out of curiosity how did you rip these sprites?

Majita made these sprites four years ago or so, were pretty bad for me. I improved and clean them. I spend a lot time with those sprites. I've also added some 5000 sprites from DBZ Shin Budokai (PSP), Special Beam Cannon are riped from SB too, etc.

For rip from Ps2 you can use pcsx2 emulator, and make screenshots.
#14  May 03, 2010, 11:15:49 pm
- Be very careful with your juggle system... add a damage dampener which will reduce drastically the damage once you combo too much.
- The explosion on Light grenade2 doesn't match with the rest of the CVS type FX. Try using Rugal's explosion FX instead.
- How can i make a damage dampener?
- where I can find Rugal's explosion sprites?

I want camera dont follow characters during "Big Piccolo", remain static. Any tip?

-----------------------
See ya!
#15  May 03, 2010, 11:20:59 pm
    • France
#16  May 04, 2010, 12:02:25 am
#17  May 06, 2010, 10:15:37 pm
*Piccolo B3 Update 1 for download. 
I have a lot of work to do yet. See ya!
#18  May 07, 2010, 09:18:53 am
    • France
Nice update. He's much better now. :)

- Light grednade and beam are still invincible.
- Telekinesis gives back some power to Piccolo.
- Big portrait still has the strange X scale.

Suggestion to make a jump animation : Use the 1st and 2nd sprite of Flying Kick for the jump launch start. Then, for the jump itself, use the fall part of Flying Kick but in reversed/backwards animation. Finally, for the falling part, use the fall part of Flying Kick again. I'm pretty sure this should do the trick if you find the good timings. :yes:
#19  May 09, 2010, 11:29:44 pm
First post updated. Thanks a lot. :)
I will try to make a decent jump with your suggestion thanks. ;)

- Telekinesis gives back some power to Piccolo.
This happen in all attacks too. Its really weird because i dont have any getpower or something similar in him state, or State -2, or... I dunno where is the problem. If you can check it I would appreciate it very much.
#20  May 09, 2010, 11:43:42 pm
    • France
In the Hitdef of the attacks, you have to put getpower=0. ;)

EDIT : no link for update 2 ?
Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 09:08:06 am by Cybaster