YesNoOk

Hakumen by Speedy9199 Major Update 3/2/11 (Read 37126 times)

Started by Speedy9199, November 18, 2010, 01:59:00 am
Share this topic:
Hakumen by Speedy9199 Major Update 3/2/11
New #1  November 18, 2010, 01:59:00 am
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
First off, my Hakumen plays NOTHING like daimon's Hakumen.

What's new? EVERYTHING

I haven't tested my character on winmugen because I don't have it anymore. I've only tested this character on Mugen 1.0.

This character might not work well in a global mugen game. It works best against my Jin.
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=123817.0

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/Speedy9199

WARNING: This is like the biggest Mugen character evar. It's 50+MB compressed...
The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 01:31:21 am by Speedy9199
Re: Hakumen by Speedy9199 Major Update
#2  November 18, 2010, 02:08:36 am
  • Add-on Pro :P
    • Mexico
 :ninja: What computer requirements does this character need? I can tell that those sprites/effects are HUGE!
... Downloading :P
is this for both HR/HD 1.0 Mugen? or only for HD resolution? :???:

TempesT said:
I just got back from having really hot and raw sex with sal and seph, oh my gosh they violated my body many times, IT WAS GREAT!!!!! They have many big dick and used to have sex with my sex holes! Also my armpits are strictly OFF LIMITS especially to foreign weiners.
>:)
[/center]
#3  November 18, 2010, 02:15:16 am
  • Best supporting character in history of anime.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/aznperson569M
So is this Hakumen like the source game, or is it different? The screenies are making me believe this is custom, especially the last screen with blood.

uguu
#4  November 18, 2010, 02:33:00 am
    • Mexico
Way to much blood on screen for me, you should reduce the amount of blood on screen, gets irritating when I can't see.
also, you should give him a continue screen animation for arcade, all that hakumen does is randomly swap between sprites :-\
other than that very nice on user end testing :)

TempesT said:
I just got back from having really hot and raw sex with sal and seph, oh my gosh they violated my body many times, IT WAS GREAT!!!!! They have many big dick and used to have sex with my sex holes! Also my armpits are strictly OFF LIMITS especially to foreign weiners.
[/center]
#5  November 18, 2010, 02:33:53 am
    • USA
Way to much blood on screen for me, you should reduce the amount of blood on screen, gets irritating when I can't see.
also, you should give him a continue screen animation for arcade, all that hakumen does is randomly swap between sprites :-\
other than that very nice on user end testing :)
Look in the readme to turn off blood.

EDIT: what do you mean he randomly swaps between sprites? That's Hakumen's dizzy animation.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:52:18 am by Speedy9199
#6  November 18, 2010, 03:39:09 am
  • Runnin' Down A Dream
    • USA
#7  November 18, 2010, 04:30:15 am
    • Mexico
Look in the readme to turn off blood.

EDIT: what do you mean he randomly swaps between sprites? That's Hakumen's dizzy animation.
Alright, looking towards Readme.
and this is NOT a dizzy sprite  >:( :P
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

TempesT said:
[/center]
#8  November 18, 2010, 04:37:48 am
    • USA
For the dizzy animation I just used the 5000, 0 and 5000, 10 sprites to make my own dizzy animation. The dizzy animation doesn't need to be completely different from other sprites. Maybe on the next update I'll use a better dizzy animation.

#9  November 18, 2010, 04:44:51 am
    • Mexico
please, that one just looks like his getting hit by an invivible force or something :S

TempesT said:
[/center]
#10  November 18, 2010, 05:02:42 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
To be honest, Blazblue didn't have dizzying.

The stagger animation would be better used though.
#11  November 18, 2010, 09:03:24 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
USE THE SPINNING ANIM FOR HIS DIZZY
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#12  November 18, 2010, 12:36:19 pm
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
This is...Well, one of the stranger Hakumen's I've tried.

You're better off ditching the blood entirely as it obscures the screen very well.
The sprites for the words look bad.
Blood splatter itself looks bad and then it clashes with the samsho blood FX.
I'm still wondering why samsho sounds.
Spam down + z (or a which is weird) in a corner for 6 easy hits and 6 levels off blood gauge.
Blood Gauge can only be used once a match. Please put this inside your readme.
Infinite priority in sword attacks.
He can't be hit out of his flaming sword super.

It feels...odd. Coming from a guy who usually does play BB on his PSP.

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 12:40:14 pm by ecthelionv2
#13  November 18, 2010, 12:52:18 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
To be honest, Blazblue didn't have dizzying.

The stagger animation would be better used though.

Or he can just use the animation that it's used in CT when he's teleported away from you (crouching with his hand on his head). That sure will fit.

That's something I've been trying to think about. It's obvious that Hakumen had huge priorities in the source game. But that was because the cooldown of his sword attacks was huge, and the attack came really slow, so you could be easily counterattacked if the attack was blocked. And he was the second slowest character in the game (or at least the second with the worst mobility, the first is Tager), so that priority made up for all of that.

Perhaps in other future releases of Hakumen we should check the gameplay before deciding if that priorities are justified. It's obvious that covering all the sword with blue CLSN is out of question. But still there is supposed to be a gap between the tip of the sword and the blue CLSN, that only characters with long range should be able to reach. At least that's what I think.

Okay then, now to check this character.

----

- First thing I did after testing the character was to disable everything you added. The blood effects are horrible, and the system of blood loss is the second worse custom system I've seen. Seriously, it's cheap. A lot. Thanks God you added an option to remove it.

- Also, why didn't you use better letters for everything? Did you use Paint to do them?

- Do not want the options you get before fighting. Normal is good enough, thanks. If I want more attack or defense I will just go to the Hakumen.cns and increase it myself. It's pointless, really. And the Life option is not really funny. Do you really think it's easy to end matches without getting hurt a lot?

- Too many afterimages in the dash. Way too many. Reduce the amount.

- Invincibility frames in the air and ground backdash. You lose all CLSN when you dash. If you want, just make them vulnerable to grab, but this is not a good option. My opinion, don't bother making the backdash with invincibility frames if the dash lasts a lot. At least only the beggining. Also, I can combo the ground with the air backdash to make it last a lot more --;

- What are all this random voices appearing saying Excellent! or Nice! when I do something? They're annoying, really. And there's a random sword sound every 2 seconds in the standing animation. It's also bothersome.

- How strange. I can't grab you when I use the dodge. I should be able to do that.

- I can't grapple when I have enough power to use the Combo, since it will always activate the Combo. It's impossible. Make sure you can do that.

- Invincibility frames in the sword attacks. Make the attacks with sword slower and I don't have complains here, just like in source game. Since your character seems to be unable to combo normal attacks, as in source (except poking).

- I suggest making "F,a" push the opponent, instead of making it knock the opponent to the floor.

- Don't you think the stun if you miss the Combo special lasts way too long. There's no need to make it last that long, really.

- Make Zantetsu being able to to OTG attacks. It makes sense IMO.

- I think Flaming Sword should knock down the opponent and have timestop at the beggining.

- Kokuujin ougi (aka MUGEN) effects works a little bad. You see, anything that may change the color of the character (like if it's burning, it turns the character red) will make that sphere that appears when you use it also change color. And with that, this happens.

:???: Also, don't make the effect last forever, please. Use a timer.

- I shouldn't be able to connect anything after Yukikaze hits. Also, it's a counter, so don't make it last so long on the screen. Reduce the time a little.

- .... Please use Daimonmau's Hakumen as reference to do the Astral Finish. Please. Also, the counter lasts way too long.

- Wow, slow down the taunt. It goes way too fast.

Some are personaly preferences, some are really problems. You're probably the only one who has made Hakumen closest to source. That doesn't mean he resembles a lot, only few parts. I would personally want that you tried to make it close to source, but that's up to you, after all.
Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 01:35:10 pm by Nanashi_1337
#14  November 18, 2010, 02:13:11 pm

That's something I've been trying to think about. It's obvious that Hakumen had huge priorities in the source game. But that was because the cooldown of his sword attacks was huge, and the attack came really slow, so you could be easily counterattacked if the attack was blocked. And he was the second slowest character in the game (or at least the second with the worst mobility, the first is Tager), so that priority made up for all of that.

Perhaps in other future releases of Hakumen we should check the gameplay before deciding if that priorities are justified. It's obvious that covering all the sword with blue CLSN is out of question. But still there is supposed to be a gap between the tip of the sword and the blue CLSN, that only characters with long range should be able to reach. At least that's what I think.

Unfortunately this isn't Blazblue and his source accurate speed isn't here. He actually has a fast forward dash/run thing and he is in his walk than his source. Heck this guy can spam Haohmaru's tornados like no tomorrow and his attacks come out faster.

#15  November 18, 2010, 02:17:58 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain

Unfortunately this isn't Blazblue and his source accurate speed isn't here. He actually has a fast forward dash/run thing and he is in his walk than his source. Heck this guy can spam Haohmaru's tornados like no tomorrow and his attacks come out faster.

Err... it's impossible to spam them. You can only have one in the screen.
#16  November 18, 2010, 02:23:15 pm
They still come out pretty fast. :P Plus he leaves lots of ugly yellow and white boxes when I hit him with projectiles.

And oh, Ceiling Hakumen

#17  November 18, 2010, 02:41:09 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
It would help a lot more if you actually told him how you got that : /
#18  November 18, 2010, 03:43:48 pm
It would help a lot more if you actually told him how you got that : /

Just Zetsumei Ougi him. That's it. Happens with Kurorim. Have to see if it happens with Montana's Enja. (goes to request forum to find it.)

#19  November 18, 2010, 11:37:51 pm
    • USA
I don't know why Hakumen changes color sometimes when hit or what is causing it. Does anyone know why?

#20  November 19, 2010, 04:51:59 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I don't know why Hakumen changes color sometimes when hit or what is causing it. Does anyone know why?

Changing colour is normal if the effect of an attack causes it. What is not normal is that huge box that changes colour (see my feedback above) when I use Roa and his thunder attack (which provokes characters to change colour to give the effect that they're electrified). It's probably your sprites if that happens, but I'm not sure.

That, if you're talking about my feedback, of course.