YesNoOk

Anime Battle Royale Poll (Read 3249 times)

Started by C.R.O.M Lando, December 08, 2010, 05:18:28 am
Anime Battle Royale Poll
#1  December 08, 2010, 05:18:28 am
  • What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SMAAACCCK!
OK i am now startin the Anime Battle Royale Poll. I got way more responses and some addtitionals in some pms and otther spots and personal peeps. So this is how its gonna work. The top 5 animes will def be input in, the next 5 will get some serious considerations given if there are more spriters aboard and coders and things are flowing really well. the ones with the least amount of votes will be sideline considerations that i will probably handle personally for some extra dl characters down the line or...if this project is a success, be in an Anime Battle Royale 2 format ( update rather). Now for peeps who are unfamiliar with certain animes please check em out on youtube or ya local anime dvds and see if ya wanna vote on which once you get a feel what they are about.
As well wether you voted or not just list what characters indivisually from what anime you would like to see from them. some will get just one and others might get a lil more. I do welcome any spriters and coders and anyone who has talents in any field new or pro and wanna contribute ya work and credit will be dully in effect and definetly given. Even if you wanna do an initial stance sprite , credit is given to you cause you did that work. those characters that didnt make it into the full game can be used as background sprites for stages or even strikers for random. who knows. but this is a project that i wanna bring out new fresh faces to showcase ya skills. If ya have any concerns or wanna help ou say so or hit me in my Pm and we discuss what you wanna offer and where ya wanna help out at. So with that said..Vote peeps and i hope after its all done it will be all ya will have in great fun.

for hose who havent seen yet and or just to reinform some fans. these are the animes that are in effect as of now. these have a sprite done, sprite no done but on the concept board, an initial stance sprites done, animations in progress and or are gettin frames done.

One Piece
Ikkitousen
Kikaider 01
Needless
Boondocks
Afro Samurai
S-Cryed
Darkside Blues
Basara X
Karas
Samurai Champloo
Ninja scroll
Jubei Chan lovely eyepatch
Slayers

Sorry i had this in the Rquests thread and had to relocate it here because i was told this is the spot i guess it should be in . thanx.

here is Lina Inverse Being done By Sila Silva

and here is Bushido Brown from Boondocks being done by Shadaloo Lives , i am Tag Teamin with em on him with a few things Huey and riley strikers.
Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:11:56 pm by yavoz32
Re: Anime Battle Royale Poll
#2  December 11, 2010, 03:20:15 am
what
#3  December 11, 2010, 03:37:47 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
I did not know Boondocks was an anime.
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
#4  December 12, 2010, 11:30:46 am
boondocks is like  an american style anime in essence and draws from japanim styles , it characters and works are based off a US comic strip  and the actual artists workin on the cartoon series are japanese artists style. Boondocks was also implemented at first just an idea but other really wanted him in since the boodocks is USA version of an anime in a certain terms. Plus everybody like Bushido brown. lol so i said why not.
trust your not the first to question this idea but many havent.
#5  December 24, 2010, 03:20:44 am
cmon MFG peeps we need more folks voting on the poll. even if your not a fan of anime and just a  casual gamer we would appreciate some cotes. it deeply help us out. thanx mugen fam. ;D
#6  December 24, 2010, 06:15:28 pm
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
Edward Elric and Roy Mustang..Nuff said..
#7  December 25, 2010, 12:45:29 am
good choice there, i am already doing some test sprites for a more cvs style play of edward elric and Scar. roy mustang would def be able to get in cause we need a really good Roy mustang in mugen. nice selects. 8)

Jed

#8  December 25, 2010, 08:45:43 am
  • Retrun of the Spirit Dragon
    • www.jedex.webs.com
Vash The Stamped, Spike form CowBoyBeBop,  and Aang form Avatar  :sugoi:
Next Gen IX
Spoiler: "The Next Gen IX is here" (click to see content)
my stuff is open sources to all just minus my 100% original chars example dragon sword and other 100% original art work. But anything fan made is yours no permissions, credits, or restrictions necessary.
#9  December 25, 2010, 06:43:40 pm
we finally got our official logo and lifebars for the project and have a extremely talented screenpack creator hookin the project up with his great skill.
will be showing the official logo along with tthe full roster and vid intro soon . stay tune and keep voting. we have a few surprises in store for that full roster. gonnamake some wishes come true.
Might be closing the poll earlier than expected so please keep voting and spread those votes before submitting. thanks MFG fam.
#10  December 27, 2010, 12:47:19 am
Vash The Stamped, Spike form CowBoyBeBop,  and Aang form Avatar  :sugoi:

Oh those peepare already in bro. angg might not be in as a full player , just either a striker or on a stage, i will more than likely have Toph Bei Fong, the earth bender babe, but she is not yet on the main roster till i have some revision of her to do but she will make an appearance as well as have a stage set for her. I will be closin the poll thread soon and then doing the official announcement with intro vid, game Logo and full roster. def is going to be really good.
#11  December 29, 2010, 01:38:05 am
not to intrude but I was wondering if you would like to put these animes into your poll. The animes would be outlaw star, black lagoon, black cat, and basilisk.
Also if you do make a samurai champloo character i have some sprites of mugen.
#12  December 30, 2010, 11:23:45 pm
not to intrude but I was wondering if you would like to put these animes into your poll. The animes would be outlaw star, black lagoon, black cat, and basilisk.
Also if you do make a samurai champloo character i have some sprites of mugen.
No problem man, ya not intruding at all. as for the animes you listed the roster tho is now set and i will be closing the poll today( if i can do it myself ) some progress has picked up and we will have a small showcase preview of whats been done , only as far as a showcase and a full roster will be listed, screenshot of the lifebars and portrait style wih the bars, a character select screen , offcial custom logo, vid intro preview and some other small tid bit of info on the game. so those animes you listed wont be able to make it in..but only unless some people wanna work on those characters themselves and have as DLC for the project after release or before and then when characters are released seperately those character can join in.

As far as Mugen from Samurai Champloo, we have a sprite of him, a test sprite nothing more that i myself done and he will be reworked and cleaned up unless.. you wanna come along on the crew and submit your work exclusively for the project and maybe work on him as well. we will not just take anyones sprites or any already made mugen characters that have been done and throw hem in, that is not our aim as all he spries are totally custom .

now what we will take tho are sprites we can use as well for background on stages tha people are willing to do for the project. if you or anyone wants to know what sprites are needed yopu can pm me and ask and i will submit back what characters we will require or you can make a submission for some to be in of peeps own doings themselves.

i refuse to shoot down any new spriers that wanna come aboard and contribute their work thats custom from themselves. we are all artists and all began somewhere , so i as well as the peeps workin with us want new fresh faces to come out and show their skills no matter how new or pro. we have slots that do need to be filled as well and welcome peeps who are willing to show they talent . So far as that Mugen character you have i say sure only unless you wanna work on him and he is your custom own work and not anyone elses sprite bro. its all good. that can save time on him for finding someone else to do him. the style is kinda cvs -ish in look a bit but not limited to it and the gameplay style as well is close to cvs but has its own flow. so if ya wanna show me what ya got, sure man no problem . i say tho, come aboard to help work on him and if you need help we can find some peeps to assisst somewhere.

thanx for hittin the thread up and Pm me what you think bro
good lookin out. :sugoi:

#13  December 30, 2010, 11:40:44 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
#14  December 30, 2010, 11:58:54 pm
Maybe you could collab with Gou and his Anime brawl project.

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=112046.0;all

hmmm i liked that seint seiya dude in his vid. nice hypers indeed! :)
well i wouldnt mind but he seems to be busy with his project and its slight stab different than ours , Jed is doing an anime/animation project as well. this will def be very fun to see Anime gettin its shine in differen ways. Gou tho may not undersand me very well and vice versa but i wouldnt mind a lil, collab on a character or 2 for our project and maybe as well give him some hand in something. his style is quite different from what we are doing too, as well the characters he has. us 3 do have certain characters that we are all doing too. When we show off some of the early work builds peeps will see where we are aiming and later i will def show some characters as spriters are making them and fleshin them out. they dont want too much an early showing as peeps are reallllly trying to nail things. i showed some of my own sprites i done but those aren the finished product in look other than Haufu who is cvs type style, just her skirt might get fixed. i will tho see about hittin gou up and find out where his head at about some sort of collab maybe. but i really dont wanna intrude on his project like that.

good lookin out Randomish man. def gonna see whats up with em in due time. :sugoi:
#15  January 01, 2011, 03:42:26 am
about to close out his poll and put up the new showcase thread :sugoi: