YesNoOk

Rogue  (Read 109005 times)

Started by RajaaBoy, April 24, 2011, 09:32:33 am
Share this topic:
Rogue
#1  April 24, 2011, 09:32:33 am
    • Thailand
Hello, all. I haven't made one of these topics in a while. You can officially bash my palettes in this thread! Anyway, let's get down to business. I am working on Rogue from X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom 2. She, of course, will be adopted to my most recent style, which is probably a little different than you remember from my last release regarding things like hit sounds, vigor mode and super activation effects, but I'll leave those things for later.

If you're new to my system, It's pretty simple and some things just can't be explained as well as they can done. Open the spoiler below to get an idea of what I'm talking about:

Spoiler: System (click to see content)

Now for the character at hand. I suppose you want to know what I'm planning with Rogue, but that can wait until later. I have a few other things to mention! First off, I am making Rogue's damage, frametimes and velocities accurate in correspondence with her two respective games, X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom 2. The only things that will be changed are her physics and her hitpauses, because I like smooth jumping and long hitpauses. Everything won't be completely accurate; I feel Capcom gave Rogue wrong feels to some of her moves. She'll feel more like a Capcom vs. SNK 2 character, if you're the type that needs to label. That's that.

Now for progress. I've completed everything from her standing animation to her gethits. That includes basic attacks, charging, rolling, countering, etc. Here are some screenshots:

Spoiler: ScreenShots (click to see content)

If you're the type that likes to help out by making palettes, then this is for you:

Click this image to enlarge it

I won't be using every palette you give me, but I am using sffv2, so using them all is a possibility. Her effects are other characters' effects, and the palette for those will be separate. I'll post those templates later when I get to that stage. Just know that sffv2 can utilize those palettes and alternate them without them even being connected to the character!

Now the real reason I decided to make a W.I.P. topic was because this is Rogue. Rogue has the ability to drain the powers of anyone she touches, and this is mugen where she can practically "touch" anyone! I have hopes and plans to make her steal abilities from a hefty amount of characters. Anyone from Ryu to Rare Akuma is a possibility. I know for sure that she will be stealing abilities from all of my characters. I, of course, know that this may require sprite editing, something at which I am not outstandingly good at; Lilith's, Sion's  and only a couple of Miyako's edits are the best I can do!

I'll try to make her steal one special and one super from any character I include in her power draining code (I think it was half-assed when she was only able to steal Shungokusatsu and not Yoga Tempest or something). Occasionally, she might steal something like Len's ability to crouch into a cat along with the special and super.

I posted this topic in case people had ideas of characters she should steal powers from. I don't have high hopes for it, but honestly, I also posted this topic in case anyone wants to contribute some sprite edits to help make Rogue as versatile as possible for MUGEN! I know you're out there spriters! Anything at all will be appreciated!

Cheers, Rajaa. :)

MDD

Re: Rogue
#2  April 24, 2011, 11:32:34 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
You can officially bash my palettes in this thread!
Oh lord. I should have stated that it just needed more contrast. Sorry for that.

Anyways, seems like you have big plans for Rogue. I like it. As far as moves go, maybe include God Press or Genocide Cutter from Rugal? Kyo's Orochinagi? Hell, theres so many possibilites.

Also, OH LOOK A PALETTE TEMPLATE. AND FULL COLOR SEPARATION AS WELL? OH GOODY.

Though it would b helpful to know which palettes you made so far. I know which ones Drex did already.
#3  April 24, 2011, 11:50:40 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
I think this sprites could be helpful to made Chun Li kicks!!
just find a body position that could work and animate those legs, could work!

Zorf Giudecca
#4  April 24, 2011, 11:52:03 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Looking good here. I'll bring Balthazar in this topic for some Goku-Rogue compatibility. :D

GOH

#5  April 24, 2011, 12:02:28 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE STAIRS BRO THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA  ;)

I'm gonna be following this topic very closely. Like, ninja-homo closely. :ninja:
#6  April 24, 2011, 12:21:19 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Don't go stealing my Chou Kamehameha XD!!
(that said will she "steal" just movement-ability, specials, supers, or a collection of abillities? Also will her stats change depending on who she steals from?)
#7  April 24, 2011, 12:31:17 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
This sounds like an awesome idea! I hope it works!  :D

(that said will she "steal" just movement-ability, specials, supers, or a collection of abillities? Also will her stats change depending on who she steals from?)

I'll try to make her steal one special and one super from any character I include in her power draining code
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#8  April 24, 2011, 12:49:50 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Jeej my first contribution XD I hope it works, otherwise i have the .act too :) The save as name would spoil it but it's pretty obvious on whom this is insprited :D
I left some hints of blue in the otherwise all-black clothing, i like it ;)   Look inside the spoiler plz.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#9  April 24, 2011, 01:09:25 pm
    • Thailand
You can officially bash my palettes in this thread!
Oh lord. I should have stated that it just needed more contrast. Sorry for that.

Anyways, seems like you have big plans for Rogue. I like it. As far as moves go, maybe include God Press or Genocide Cutter from Rugal? Kyo's Orochinagi? Hell, theres so many possibilites.

Also, OH LOOK A PALETTE TEMPLATE. AND FULL COLOR SEPARATION AS WELL? OH GOODY.

Though it would b helpful to know which palettes you made so far. I know which ones Drex did already.
S'all good. I was just making fun of myself and my apparent "bad" taste in colors. =p

Probably God Press with Rugal since I'd only need one set of sprites for the super and special. =p

And I've mad a bunch of insignificant palettes that don't do justice to Drex's beautiful separation. So, I'll probably replace most of my palettes with the new ones post here. =P

I think this sprites could be helpful to made Chun Li kicks!!
just find a body position that could work and animate those legs, could work!
Yes, you are right! I've done some frankenspriting in my days. I'm going to do this!

I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE STAIRS BRO THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA  ;)

I'm gonna be following this topic very closely. Like, ninja-homo closely. :ninja:
I was going to do it whether you thought it was or not!

Cybaster's word travels fast I see. She has a hadouken animation already, so she can pretty much do that Chou Kamehameha already. What she needs are those ki blasts animations! =D *wink* *wink*

Jeej my first contribution XD I hope it works, otherwise i have the .act too :) The save as name would spoil it but it's pretty obvious on whom this is insprited :D
I left some hints of blue in the otherwise all-black clothing, i like it ;)   Look inside the spoiler plz.
I couldn't get it, so I cheated. I should have known it had something to do with that! Thanks.

BC

#10  April 24, 2011, 02:00:01 pm
    • UK
Nice to see you working on someone again. I saw the wip pic on your site so I knew this was coming.

Is it necessary to have dodge, dodge roll AND parry? surely not. Also loving the idea of the power stealing abilities.. if there are any DECENT xmen characters out there that would be cool... she might look odd doing headcrush but magneto's abilities would be funky.

yeah looking forward to this one.
Accepting commissions
#11  April 24, 2011, 03:39:45 pm
  • No guts No glory..
i will do the runing animations(or at least i'll give it a try) give me 3 weeks since i have two or tree things doing to get back to the spriter ways
#12  April 24, 2011, 04:07:18 pm
Can you perform special cancels in vigor mode this time? What's the point of powered up specials if the way you're allowed to use them is drastically changed. In vigor mode. :doom:
#13  April 24, 2011, 05:18:10 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
A few for now.

Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 06:29:23 pm by Kirishima

BC

#14  April 24, 2011, 05:29:28 pm
    • UK
^

:wink3:
Accepting commissions
#15  April 24, 2011, 05:32:24 pm
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
Yo Rajaa maybe your characters need palette templates.
#16  April 24, 2011, 05:52:58 pm
    • USA
Interesting project Rajaa. I could use a few good Marvel characters in my mugen. :)
#17  April 24, 2011, 06:02:44 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Here's my attempt.
Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 07:05:36 pm by Dcat
#18  April 24, 2011, 07:02:14 pm
    • http://nxistence.tumblr.com/
for rajaa

love sho

#19  April 24, 2011, 07:24:28 pm
would've been awesome if you separated the colors of her legs too but the current separation is good

i'm looking forward to this one mostly because i want to see what characters she'll end up taking moves from
#20  April 24, 2011, 07:35:52 pm
  • Puff!
    • Poland
Here. Some palettes from me.

Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:26:02 pm by Psycho Krusher