YesNoOk

CVSNB-CVS STYLE PROJECT LIST (Read 173021 times)

Started by C.v.s The Abstract, April 24, 2011, 10:25:14 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

A Jin update Or remake of jin in his Flame plans Attire for demeber 2012

No
28 (21.1%)
Yes Sfxtk version(
85 (63.9%)
maybe
20 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 132

hjk

Re: CVSNB WIP THREAD- PAUL PHOENIX 79%,Asuka kazama(pending),Oni Rasuel(BOC-Pending)
#681  February 22, 2012, 05:56:09 am
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
^ To tell you the truth it sort of is, but only to a very, very minute degree.

If there is someone who would be willing to make Paul, I'm totally game for NB's project. From what I've seen, however, I can't say I know of anyone thus far. There are like 3 threads I remember seeing where certain people wanted to make Law. The catch is, those were inexperienced creators who I wouldn't take seriously in the first place, so NB creating Law wouldn't necessarily benefit me anyway - aka, I wouldn't download from them.

But either way, I really just want him to do whatever is more in demand. Sure that's pretty dictatorial on my part, but that's just my preference. I acknowledge his right to do as he pleases.

Edit:
Kudos to Seanalty

Seanatly who made my jin is making paul lol......sean made jin so perfect no one else need to bother coding him their selves.
You won't take offense if I tell you the truth, will you?
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Re: CVSNB WIP THREAD- PAUL PHOENIX 79%,Asuka kazama(pending),Oni Rasuel(BOC-Pending)
#682  February 22, 2012, 06:13:22 am
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/

^ To tell you the truth it sort of is, but only to a very, very minute degree.

If there is someone who would be willing to make Paul, I'm totally game for NB's project. From what I've seen, however, I can't say I know of anyone thus far. There are like 3 threads I remember seeing where certain people wanted to make Law. The catch is, those were inexperienced creators who I wouldn't take seriously in the first place, so NB creating Law wouldn't necessarily benefit me anyway - aka, I wouldn't download from them.

But either way, I really just want him to do whatever is more in demand. Sure that's pretty dictatorial on my part, but that's just my preference. I acknowledge his right to do as he pleases.

Edit:
Kudos to Seanalty

Seanatly who made my jin is making paul lol......sean made jin so perfect no one else need to bother coding him their selves.
You won't take offense if I tell you the truth, will you?

im done with this convo, i do as i please im not making law
#683  February 22, 2012, 06:13:38 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I told him a while back that if he made any more Tekken characters to include in my CvtW project, I would code them. I'm sure the "truth" you're going to tell him about Jin is that it wasn't perfect or even that good or whatever. It wasn't perfect, no, and I know it wasn't the Tekken conversion people were expecting. It was a conversion of the character to a 2-D fighting game environment, with mechanics based around my full-game. There's no complaint that can be leveled or revelation to be made about my interpretation of Jin that hasn't already been made. It wasn't accurate to Tekken, it was low tier, etc. Trust me, whatever "truth" you felt you needed to get permission to tell or that you felt you needed to prep us for is going to be old news, and it won't be "truth," it will be your opinion. He wants to sprite Paul, he's spriting Paul, I'm going to code a version of him for CvtW, it won't be some perfect adaptation of a 3-D character, and that's it. If he wants to sprite Law, he'll sprite him in the future.

Download Last Bout now!
#684  February 22, 2012, 06:20:36 am
    • USA

I told him a while back that if he made any more Tekken characters to include in my CvtW project, I would code them. I'm sure the "truth" you're going to tell him about Jin is that it wasn't perfect or even that good or whatever. It wasn't perfect, no, and I know it wasn't the Tekken conversion people were expecting. It was a conversion of the character to a 2-D fighting game environment, with mechanics based around my full-game. There's no complaint that can be leveled or revelation to be made about my interpretation of Jin that hasn't already been made. It wasn't accurate to Tekken, it was low tier, etc. Trust me, whatever "truth" you felt you needed to get permission to tell or that you felt you needed to prep us for is going to be old news, and it won't be "truth," it will be your opinion. He wants to sprite Paul, he's spriting Paul, I'm going to code a version of him for CvtW, it won't be some perfect adaptation of a 3-D character, and that's it. If he wants to sprite Law, he'll sprite him in the future.

good valid point Sean.
#685  February 22, 2012, 06:30:30 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
From what I've seen, however, I can't say I know of anyone thus far. There are like 3 threads I remember seeing where certain people wanted to make Law.

You clearly don't read much then... And you must clearly be a newbie around here.. Mind pointing out these 3 threads?

Da fuck? You don't get to decide what we wanna make, we make what we feel like making. Creators don't make things at the demands of others.

With that said... when's mah Christie getting some action. :)

Also, looks like Asuka wins by a landslide.

hjk

#686  February 22, 2012, 06:55:54 am
    • Afghanistan
You clearly don't read much then... And you must clearly be a newbie around here.. Mind pointing out these 3 threads?
Dude:
Edit:
Kudos to Seanalty
I saw this both in Laharl's post where he said Seanalty was "probably" going to make Paul and where NB finally confirmed it. Please read my edits. I admit it wasn't explicitly clear, but I said Kudos to him specifically because he's making Paul. Read.
And I'll have to find those posts later. One was from Mugen China a year and a half ack where someone was spriting and making a cvs Law and another was a Fei Long edit. IIRC there was a third somewhere. Maybe Infantry.
And in this next part, it is you who clearly don't read.

Da fuck? You don't get to decide what we wanna make, we make what we feel like making. Creators don't make things at the demands of others.
Goddamn it, READ THE POST, PLEASE!!!!
"I acknowledge his right to do as he pleases."
I really don't want to spend my time pointing out facts to a hypocrite.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Nope. The truth was that I didn't want to be ingenuine and make it seem as though I liked NB's spritework. Jin wasn't great, that's true, but I could only attribute that to the lack of frames you had to work with and NB's recent tendency to rush jobs.
A lot of people seem to be rattled by the fact that I'm simply asking NB to do what's most in demand, but in all honesty, I really don't like his sprites. His early ones were great, but over time he seems to have gotten more time-realistic (Lazy, but for practical reasons. Spriting takes oodles of time, I know, and NB has a life.). I'm saying that my request to do what's more in demand is in fact just that, a request for him to do what's most in demand and nothing else.

I don't care. That's not the point.

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)

Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:43:41 am by Douglass
#687  February 22, 2012, 06:58:52 am
  • You don't know enehthin.
Dude:
Edit:
Kudos to Seanalty
I saw this both in Laharl's post where he said Seanalty was "probably" making Paul and where NB finally confirmed it. Please read my edits. I admit it wasn't explicitly clear, but I said Kudos to him specifically because he's making Paul. Read.

Nope. The truth was that I didn't want to be ingenuine and make it seem as though I liked NB's spritework that much. Jin wasn't great, that's true, but I could only attribute that to the lack of frames you had to work with and the NB's recent tendency to rush jobs.
A lot of people seem to be rattled by the fact that I'm simply asking NB to do what's most in demand, but in all honesty, I really don't like his sprites. His early ones were great, but over time he seems to have gotten more time-realistic (Lazy, but for practical reasons. Spriting takes oodles of time, I know, and NB has a life.). I'm saying that my request to do what's more in demand is in fact just that, a request for him to do what's most in demand and nothing else.

Plan B: Everyone ignore Douglass  ::)
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

SUPER SECRET STAGE - 0% ;)

hjk

#688  February 22, 2012, 07:04:00 am
    • Afghanistan
Plan B: Everyone ignore Douglass  ::)

Oh God, is this really the game that we're going to play. My word, it's like I'm talking to children.
Long story short, I'm asking NB simply to do what's most in demand AFAIK. That's it. I don't even like his sprites, but I'm just making a suggestion.

I don't even see how this turned into something dramatic.

#689  February 22, 2012, 07:05:58 am
    • USA

Dude:
Edit:
Kudos to Seanalty
I saw this both in Laharl's post where he said Seanalty was "probably" making Paul and where NB finally confirmed it. Please read my edits. I admit it wasn't explicitly clear, but I said Kudos to him specifically because he's making Paul. Read.

Nope. The truth was that I didn't want to be ingenuine and make it seem as though I liked NB's spritework that much. Jin wasn't great, that's true, but I could only attribute that to the lack of frames you had to work with and the NB's recent tendency to rush jobs.

Douglass I told People when i first started Jin, It was Speed spriting, Im not wasting 8 month on 1 character,Sorry the last Time i Tried A detail characters,It looked like shit cause of less experience in spriting,Sense i gain the right experience now, i can pretty much do anything, If my spriting skills bother u so much, Why wont u fix em up yourself? Nope cause u dont got the ambition or will too Make or sprite a character, This is all baby talk, U seem picky on what u think i should do. No,How bout this, U Get off my thread N Bother someone else who will do somethin Better then my work, Im not here too impress anyone,But do A favor for a HALF DECENT character spriting for most of those people who dream to see never Thought of or attempt Character in mugen, I rest my Case, Conversation over, U pretty much Bitches about My Paul  But u started talking me making a law,now u taking shot at spriting skills, Are u Bi Polar?

hjk

#690  February 22, 2012, 07:12:53 am
    • Afghanistan
Oh sweet fucking Jesus. NO!
Read this part of my quote:
His early ones were great, but over time he seems to have gotten more time-realistic (Lazy, but for practical reasons. Spriting takes oodles of time, I know, and NB has a life.).

I am not trying to bash you. I'm trying to state my opinions honestly. I understand that you don't have time for all of this and have a life outside of Mugen.
Oh Jesus, take the post for what it's saying. Your work has fallen off, but I understand that that is circumstantial. You're still a great spriter, but your recent work reflects the fact that you don't necessarily have the time for this stuff.

I don't want to offend you. I don't want to have to keep repeating myself, but dammit it's like the silliest remark is something for everyone here to get riled off over.  Jesus, please, I'd rather be honest, not an ingenuine kiss-ass.

#691  February 22, 2012, 07:19:05 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I really don't see what point you were trying to make in the first place. I mean, I understand what you're saying and you have a right to say it, but I don't understand why you bothered. Your posts can only be taken a certain number of ways. Your first posts were a bit out of line, coming into a spriter's threads and basically saying he's wasting his time making a character because of what you perceive to be a lack of interest. Trust me, there is no lack of interest in Tekken conversions in Mugen, from the most popular to the least popular characters in the series. Then, when you were rebuffed, you started saying you didn't like his sprites and that you think he's gotten lazy. Fine, that's your opinion, but it can really only be taken negatively and the fact that you mentioned it so late just makes it look like you're going on the offensive since he won't sprite what you want. I think you should probably just cut your losses here, because whether you meant to or not, all you've accomplished is rubbing people the wrong way.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:29:04 am by SeanAltly
#692  February 22, 2012, 07:20:01 am
  • Rawr!
cvsnb i have to agree that ur jin was a rushed job.. but it came out great.. and with seeing ur new sprites i look forward to ur paul and asuka.. but douglass u really can't just say yeah there was a thread saying such and such wanting law .. who cares.. Law will come EVENTUALLY u do know there is a tekken mugen project going on.. its just not advertised here. so be patient.. infact all the tekken casts will be available EVENTUALLY.. spriting takes time.

look at my signature there is a future jin and hwo in the works.. along with Heihachi, Paul and Yoshimitsu.. now if CVSNB wants to join this project and combine his work on paul or they can use his paul with his permission of course thats his choice.

oh and on the poll vote topic.. i picked asuka and yugo lol i'd love to see a BR char mugenized in the future. 

i know u were asking who u should do next but.. maybe do yugo after asuka since he is getting the most votes too !! :P
Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:24:14 am by TETSUGA GENSHO
#693  February 22, 2012, 07:25:16 am
    • USA

cvsnb i have to agree that ur jin was a rushed job.. but it came out great.. and with seeing ur new sprites i look forward to ur paul and asuka.. but douglass u really can't just say yeah there was a thread saying such and such wanting law .. who cares.. Law will come EVENTUALLY u do know there is a tekken mugen project going on.. its just not advertised here. so be patient.. infact all the tekken casts will be available EVENTUALLY.. spriting takes time.

look at my signature there is a future jin and hwo in the works.. along with Heihachi, Paul and Yoshimitsu.. now if CVSNB wants to join this project and combine his work on paul or they can use his paul with his permission of course thats his choice.

Thx you! you understand i KNOW MY jin was a rush project,I told people that long ago, On the other hand your Jin look beautiful Tetsuga aka roman
I really don't see what point you were trying to make in the first place. I mean, I understand what you're saying and you have a right to say it, but I don't understand why you bothered. Your posts can only be taken a certain number of ways. Your first posts were a bit out of line, coming into a spriter's threads and basically saying he's wasting his time making a character because of what you perceive to be a lack of interest. Trust me, there is not lack of interest in Tekken conversions in Mugen, from the most popular to the least popular characters in the series. Then, when you were rebuffed, you started saying you didn't like his sprites and that you think he's gotten lazy. Fine, that's your opinion, but it can really only be taken negatively and the fact that you mentioned it so late just makes it look like you're going on the offensive since he won't sprite what you want. I think you should probably just cut your losses here, because whether you meant to or not, all you've accomplished is rubbing people the wrong way.

Thats what i saying but my grammar sucks  ::), im start taking grammar lesson now
#694  February 22, 2012, 07:28:52 am
    • USA

Roman is the tekken project on tekken mugen forum?

hjk

#695  February 22, 2012, 07:33:10 am
    • Afghanistan
I really don't see what point you were trying to make in the first place. I mean, I understand what you're saying and you have a right to say it, but I don't understand why you bothered. Your posts can only be taken a certain number of ways. Your first posts were a bit out of line, coming into a spriter's threads and basically saying he's wasting his time making a character because of what you perceive to be a lack of interest. Trust me, there is not lack of interest in Tekken conversions in Mugen, from the most popular to the least popular characters in the series. Then, when you were rebuffed, you started saying you didn't like his sprites and that you think he's gotten lazy. Fine, that's your opinion, but it can really only be taken negatively and the fact that you mentioned it so late just makes it look like you're going on the offensive since he won't sprite what you want. I think you should probably just cut your losses here, because whether you meant to or not, all you've accomplished is rubbing people the wrong way.
Some parts of your post are inaccurate.
I reread my first post and realized that it could easily be taken as an insult and for that I apologize.

I didn't explicitly say he got lazy, I'm saying he has more important things to deal with. And I did not state my true opinions because I got rebuffed, I purposely held them back because I knew that they'd probably start drama.
After reading around and remembering the post below, I decided that NB mightn't take too much offense to me saying what I truly felt because he already admitted to speed/rush spriting presumably because it is a really long, time consuming process.
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=138548.msg1511994#msg1511994

Honestly, I don't care how it looks because I know how I meant it. I didn't want to say what I felt at first, because that would have hastened the drama. I eventually said it, hoping it wouldn't rub anyone the wrong way (but chose my words badly again, I guess)and am trying to apologize.

And let me reiterate, for the past year I have looked at NB's sprites and haven't necessarily liked them. I could actually care less if he makes a Law. The people who I remember wanting a Law weren't good creators and NB would speed sprite him, so it's of no use to me. NB can do another sprite, I don't care. I threw Law out there because that's just what I was thinking of. I wouldn't get mad if he said No, that's kiddy stuff and I haven't downloaded a Mugen creation in over a year anyway. I understand how other people might interpret what I was saying, but consider it a simple suggestion and nothing more. I don't really want Law that badly. Really, I don't.

#696  February 22, 2012, 07:43:09 am
  • Rawr!
i'm not roman .. just a strong supporter of the tekken project.. sorry for misleading u. and yes the project is going on at the tekken mugen forums.
#697  February 22, 2012, 07:45:32 am
    • USA

:blank:
#698  February 22, 2012, 07:47:10 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa

hjk

#699  February 22, 2012, 07:54:24 am
    • Afghanistan

Only one around here my dude, and that's you.

Have at me then. I haven't contradicted myself once while here. You want an argument, you've got it.

And FYI bro, I explicitly pointed out your failure to read my post. You haven't done so with mine. And pay attention - My edit acknowledging Seanalty came half an hour before you even posted just in case you missed that or better yet, just in case you can't admit that you were wrong.

Edit:
And given the fact that you're a "veteran," I'm pretty sure you'll have people come along with you for support even though you're wrong. Since you can't admit to you hypocrisy after this, I'm pretty sure you never will but that post already made it clear that you were wrong.
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=128286.msg1520577#msg1520577

Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:58:20 am by Douglass
#700  February 22, 2012, 07:55:36 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I didn't explicitly say he got lazy,

His early ones were great, but over time he seems to have gotten more time-realistic (Lazy, but for practical reasons. Spriting takes oodles of time, I know, and NB has a life.)

No, I'm not ignoring the practical reasons part, but you did say flat-out that he got lazy.

Also, if you really don't care what he sprites, if you don't care if he makes Law, if you don't even like his stuff, why did you even bother with any of this? Just move on if you care so little.

Download Last Bout now!