YesNoOk

SysVar limit ? how much can i use and why not recommened? (Read 1687 times)

Started by Zodiac Uchiha, September 19, 2011, 09:22:33 pm
Share this topic:
SysVar limit ? how much can i use and why not recommened?
#1  September 19, 2011, 09:22:33 pm
    • Germany
Hi there !

recently I understood how to use sysvar and gethitvar ...

but there are 2 questions left :

Is there a limit to sysvar ? how many numbers can i use there ?

And why is it not recommened to use this one ?

btw : 60 variables are enough for me, but this is just a question to understand Mugen a bit more. Can anyone help out ?
Re: SysVar limit ? how much can i use and why not recommened?
#2  September 19, 2011, 11:28:37 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Sysvar are mugen managed variables. They mostly do the jump stuff. We're unsure of how else they're actually used though because there is limited information on them. I'm not even 100% sure how many there are.

var, fvar, and if you need more, add helpers and redirect.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

2OS

#3  September 19, 2011, 11:31:50 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
EDIT — More specific, there are 5 sysvars, there are 5 sysfvars. 0 counts, meaning the ranging is 0-4, not 1-5.

Leave them alone.
Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 11:38:34 pm by 2OS
#4  September 19, 2011, 11:52:18 pm
    • USA
The only stance I recall where mugen crashes even before starting a fight related to these vars is when you try to use parentvarset and parentvaradds (Of course from a helper) with the sysvars and sysfvars.

They dont do that much to be honest, they are used for stuff most people code with another workarounds anyway. One handles the velocity of the jump (X vel to be precise) and another to check when can you do certain combos (We often just use prevstateno on the state -1 instead of a var which is a waste in KFM who uses a sysvar).

The rest of the sysvars are not used so you're actually free to use them for whatever you want as long as you dont accidentally set the enemy's sysvars on a custom state or some silly stuff like that (But hey! The same goes for the normal vars).

I don't know why you guys are so scared about the sysvars :V, they are just vars that do nothing and infact should be used if you lack variables and dont want to spend more RAM by calling helpers. It helped me alot in my fullgame where I barely have 5 or 6 vars free now...

...Even Warusaki3 used a couple of them when he ran out of vars.
#5  September 20, 2011, 05:01:37 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Warusaki used too many variables anyway and should have condensed things more.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#6  September 20, 2011, 07:27:44 am
    • Germany
at first, thanks for all the help.

And as far as i understand :

I have to take a look which sysvar are used. Then , if I want to use them for my own Purposes, I have to use those which havent been used yet. Right ?  if 0-2 are already used, then i am free to use 3 and 4. Correct ?