The George Wu Gym (Read 3895 times)

Started by Scorcher, July 23, 2012, 06:02:57 pm
Share this topic:
The George Wu Gym
New #1  July 23, 2012, 06:02:57 pm
    • Germany
    • Scorcher@jabber.org
Hello,
this is my first mugen stage. It's "The George Wu Gym" from the snes game "Dragon - The Bruce Lee Story". The stage appears way smaller compared to the original game and has less scrolling , because the snes screen resolution is lower than in mugen. The floor has a parallax effect, but i'm not too happy with it, because i couldn't figure out the correct delta value. I tried different numbers, but it's probably not possible to reproduce the effect like in the original. Background music is included.

Download

Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:23:07 pm by Scorcher
Re: The George Wu Gym
#2  July 23, 2012, 06:28:00 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
I'll definitely download this once I get home.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#3  July 23, 2012, 07:44:14 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
The floor has a parallax effect, but i'm not too happy with it, because i couldn't figure out the correct delta value. I tried different numbers, but it's probably not possible to reproduce the effect like in the original.

from your code:

delta = .75x, 1
xscale = 1, 1.615

Add a number where I've placed the x and fix play with your values some more and you should be able to get it right.

Not bad for a first stage release...not bad at all.  8)
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#4  July 23, 2012, 07:55:40 pm
    • France
Hi,

Very good choice for a first successfull creation. I am a BRUCE LEE fan since the day I saw his first movies :sugoi:. Do you plan to make all the stages from this game ?
#5  July 23, 2012, 07:58:55 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
Nice release! Hope you get the values right on the next update, took me some time too to get my first stage with paralax right.

Also nice to see someone from my country to release something, doesen't happen that often  :sugoi:
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
#6  July 23, 2012, 09:10:29 pm
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
very cool, im always a fan of stages like this, arena/dojo types  :sugoi:
#7  July 23, 2012, 09:41:35 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Great job! I tested it out and I see what you're talking about with the parallax. But just follow Max's advice and you should be fine. This stage has SO MUCH potiential. Also you might wanna play around with the delta's of everything else as well. Particularly the flame pillars...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#8  July 23, 2012, 10:08:41 pm
why this stage for 1.0?

I edit it for my roster and this delta is good for me.

bg and Spectator to 0.75
Banner to 1
flame forground to 1.5

wish you like this
Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:20:09 pm by zion
#9  July 24, 2012, 12:12:46 am
    • Germany
    • Scorcher@jabber.org
@all:
thank you for your feedback. I worked very hard to get this right for the first time, but sometimes it's good to try something, that seems to be over your head. I will see, what i can to about the delta values and make a few tests. The good thing is, if i get the parallax right, i can convert the other stages from this game, too because they all work the same way.
#10  July 24, 2012, 12:22:01 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
The good thing is, if i get the parallax right, i can convert the other stages from this game, too because they all work the same way.
For sure...steer clear of that Kitchen stage though. The floor wasn't completely ripped right.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#11  July 24, 2012, 05:37:15 am
  • I must continue my training...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#12  July 24, 2012, 12:18:12 pm
    • Germany
    • Scorcher@jabber.org
I think, i got it quite close to the original now. I had to set the floor delta to 1, so the upper part of the floor doesn't move at all. This is nothing like in the parallax tutorial, but you can see that it's right, if you compare it to the snes game. The download link above has been updated.
#13  July 24, 2012, 08:46:30 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/