YesNoOk

[W.I.P] Mel Masters W/ Rock Howard  (Read 368543 times)

Started by F. James Fernandez, October 15, 2004, 03:47:40 am
Share this topic:
[W.I.P] Mel Masters W/ Rock Howard
#1  October 15, 2004, 03:47:40 am
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA

Art Style
The Art Style and Animations were inspired by Guilty Gear and Street Fighter 3

Mel Masters Animation Blue Print Concepts
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Rock Howard Animation Blue Print Concepts

Gameplay Engineering
I was had a lot of influences and inspirations from Manga to Anime to Martial Art films and Fighting Games. From Marvel Versus Capcom series to Guilty Gear and of course the Street Fighter series. What inspired me even more was Reubeen's E.Ryu and E.Ken Project Team and his Original Character Dragon Claw. When I was introduced to Mugen for the first time, these were the first characters my friend, "King" showed me. After that I never looked back.

Here is an old trailer I made. Keep in mind that these are very old art work and at the times we didnt have any voice talents for the characters.

Mel isn't your average  Ansatsuken. Yes, he has the traits as any fighter would that has trained under a style but he will be separated from clones. Mel's chain combos fit as of MVC with up and down combos from the ground to the air. He will also have cancels, parries, and counters. So its a big mix up from different games that we had influences from. Mel will not be able to do air combos on his own... that's when Rock comes in to enhance the game play.

Mel's EX Special bar that can only be self charged by a command during the fight.

Once you fill the bar, your EX Specials will be store in a nod for later use; up to four nods + a charged bar which will be five EX Specials.

These icons will change depending on the percentage of your Life (HP). When a had met a certain condition you will be able to perform Mel's Ultimate Attack (Ultra Super Combo) called. "Last Stand."

Rock Howard
Assistance

Rock is used in few ways. He launches Mel up to continue his combos in the air and is used as an assist attacker. We have replace the start button to have it not only to throw Mel into the air but to perform his attacks. By pressing start and up, forward, down, or left will perform its only attacks which will have a cool down just like MVC. Rock can be knocked out to extend the cool down as well if he gets hit during his assistance except for when he throws Mel into the air. As long as you meet the requirements Mel and Rock will preform a team super just like Rival Schools and SFxT.

Rock doesn't jump in and out of the screen. Stay on screen without distracting either players and will follow Mel if he gets too far from his site. After any of his assist he will Run/Warp back to his spot. Rock will also cheer for Mel and react to his mistakes as like what the characters in the Persona series.

The time it takes for Rock to be available for use.

Indicates when Rock is ready or not to be used for an assistance.

Type Of Fighter

Six Punches (Air and Ground)
Six Kicks (Air and Ground)
Start Button for Launching Mel into the air (you will be able to control the direction Mel needs to go in the air)
Start Button + a Direction to execute an assist attack. (four assistance)
Chain Combos
Cancels
Super Cancels
Ex Specials
Supers
Team Supers
Super Charger
Over 30 different hit states to follow custom moves

Time Line

This is an out look of my own time line and doesn’t follow much of what Capcom has provided. We as fans know that Capcom hasn’t been consistent of the Street Fighter story along with its characters.

Street Fighter
Street Fighter Alpha 1~3
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Champion Edition
Street Fighter 3: 2nd Impacted
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
Capcom VS Snk 2
Capcom Vs Snk Chaos (Mel Masters Home)

The Team

Spriters
FjamesFernandez (DarkDez... I don't use that name anymore)
SolBlaze

Animators
SolBlaze
Fjamesfernandez

Special FX
Revanto

Coder
Rajaa

Voice Talents
Mel Masters
Peter Gerkman
Rock Howard
Patrick M. Seymour

Mel Masters Theme Song Composer
WizzyWhipitWonderful

Concept Artwork
SolBlaze
Fjamesfernandez
Kasai

New trailer and release coming soon 2016. Stay tune like you have been for the past eleven years.
><
"Please, understand."

Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 07:11:52 pm by F. James Fernandez
Mel Masters [WIP]
#2  October 26, 2007, 02:04:44 am
MEL MASTERS

Yo... we gone a long and went to problem as days pass, but Mel is back in the living. Darkdez wont be able do some coloring for quite awhile, cuz he dont have a comp atm. Ill still be doin most of animation for the rest of the project and maybe do some coloring...

well, heres what we got so far..

GGX Res charater

Basic Movements

Stance Idle
Walk Forward [glow=red,2,300]New[/glow]
Walk backward
Turning
Running
Jumping
Landing
Blocking SCA
Mel's Stand Get Hit High
Hit Low
Knock Back
Knock Up
Twist
Thrown
Falling
Bouncing
Dizzy
Lie Down
Get Up
Mel's Crouching Idle
Stand To Crouch
Turn
Mel's Crouch Hits

Special Moves

Mel's Hadouken
Mel's Failed Hadouken
Mel's Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
Mel's Shoryuken Beta

Regular Moves

Mel's Close Short Kick Beta
Mel's Far Short Kick Beta

Team Supers

Failed: "Shin-ku-Repuu-hadou-ken Beta"
Complete: "Shin-ku-Double-Hadou-Ken Beta"

Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:55:04 am by SolBlaze
Re: Mel Masters Wip (alive)
#3  October 26, 2007, 02:12:21 am
  • Never will be a Banana Chap
    • kmmousemugen.bravehost.com
While I understand where this is coming from and I like the work you've put into this so far and how it looks, I'm confused at your choice of team mate for the super move... If this isn't a concrete choice, then you can disregard this entirely, but the art style and size of rock completely mismatches your Mel sprites. The result just looks... odd.

Apart from that minor gripe, I like this, I really do. I do hope you can rock this all the way up to 11 when you complete him. :thumbsup:

'I have defied Gods and Demons... I know you, your past, your future. Your poet Eliot had it all wrong: THIS is how the world ends.'

KM's MUGEN Site. Like life, a work in progress.
#4  October 26, 2007, 02:25:56 am
Thanks..
and bout the team thing i forgot to add

Written by DarkDez
Please don't go with these sprite size. This was just a sample of the animation to get the idea across to you. Remember, Rock and Mel are GGX size characters (High Resolution characters).

Assistance Animations (ROCK HOWARD)

Rock's Idle Animation

ROCK HOWARD MOVES

Rock's Rising Tackle beta

To those of you how are way late into this wip:

I am working on Mel Masters. For those of you who don't know who Mel is, Mel is Ken's son. You can see the picture if you click on the link called Mel Versus Ken.

Though Mel is trained by his father, it was an on and off training being that Ken would always be working to maintain his families riches and entering tournaments. So Mel isn't trained as he is suppose to. He wouldn't be seeing Ryu as much do to the fact that he travels all over the world looking for powerful fighters. So most of the time Mel would be training with Sean.

About Rock Howard:

Rock was suppose to be a fun rival for Mel, but people would have to wait a while for this to really happen. I am the only spriter here. Once and a while Keo will step in and help which I am grateful of. Any way, so I decided to make Rock an assistance for Mel which will increase game play. So you will be able to counter/team up/and do assistant attack with Rock to do some nice combos. The Rock version I am working on is before he enters his own tournament (KOFMOTW).

Game Play:

This is the interesting and hard part of this project. Though I love MVC combos I also enjoy CVS and GGX game play as well, So I just might put up all three and have people choose which mode they would rather play with.

What's so different about Mel and Ken?

I am still thinking of a way of making Mel represent his father but in his own way, so doing so Mel would have to copy his father's moves in his own way. The thing is that his training is still early so most of his father's known moves (Shoryuken, Hadouken, etc) will be failed at times, meaning that there is a chance that he might throw a blank Hadouken, his hand might stay on fire from a Shoryuken and things like that. Mel would also have an energy meter. This comes to play for those of you who just run and do hadoukens and other signature moves over and over again. Over use this meter and you will be sorry.

There is more stuff but I rather show it then talk about it.

im not sure of it myself, cuz it was dez idea and opinion givers b4
#5  October 26, 2007, 02:32:47 am
  • Never will be a Banana Chap
    • kmmousemugen.bravehost.com
Oooh, I see now... Right, now I know that my gripe is demolished, I can't wait to see more. I like how Rock looks in the standing stance. ^^ Good luck you two.

'I have defied Gods and Demons... I know you, your past, your future. Your poet Eliot had it all wrong: THIS is how the world ends.'

KM's MUGEN Site. Like life, a work in progress.
#6  October 26, 2007, 02:33:33 am
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
This looks solid. Hope it works out.
#7  October 26, 2007, 03:02:05 am
It's great to see that this project is still alive. Stay motivated! :)
#8  October 26, 2007, 03:04:37 am
  • Phantom will steal your toes.
shit taht look nice
#9  October 26, 2007, 04:17:07 am
  • This is how I rock...!
Now this is a project I can get behind! I can only wonder where you'll get the voice pack for him; but it's looking good so far... Keep up the good work.

Show Me Your Moves!
#10  October 26, 2007, 04:26:09 am
  • LMAO!
Wow I never expected this and in HD  :o.
The twist has to many twists IMO.
It appears that the sprites are hand-drawn, if so you're doing a magnifecent job. Good luck with your project.

[/center]
#11  October 26, 2007, 06:55:48 am
Oooh, I see now... Right, now I know that my gripe is demolished, I can't wait to see more. I like how Rock looks in the standing stance. ^^ Good luck you two.
lol looks like that explains it.

This looks solid. Hope it works out.
In what way?

It's great to see that this project is still alive. Stay motivated! :)
Indeed... will try to get more motivated to do more sprites

Now this is a project I can get behind! I can only wonder where you'll get the voice pack for him; but it's looking good so far... Keep up the good work.
hmmm... not sure as of now. Maybe grab some of ken voices and edit it to some like a kid i guess, for now...

Wow I never expected this and in HD  :o.
The twist has to many twists IMO.
It appears that the sprites are hand-drawn, if so you're doing a magnifecent job. Good luck with your project.

mouse drawing actually. dont have tablets or scanner atm
#12  October 26, 2007, 07:53:40 am
  • Gotta go fast!!
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum/index.php
GO GO GO!
Signature by my pal, Signature Queen TempesT!!

#13  October 26, 2007, 07:58:14 am
#14  October 26, 2007, 02:37:19 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Written on a sidekick:

Hey guys, its been a while for this project to appear. Would had been done by now if I had a pc by my side lol. But its nice to have friends that are welling to help out.

Keo will continue with the animation as I will try my best to clean/edit/color/shade the frames.

For those of you who just started seeing this project, all frames are mouse (hand) drawn. Many of the frams are referance from cvs ken and sf3 ken; though we are making it to his own style.

About the amount of frames, yes there is a lot. Guess its just me, I like it that way. Makes it look more flowent and you are able to add more stuff to it.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Oh about Mel's voice, there is no way around it. I am going to have to find someone to do his voice. Then I will have to find a coder and fx spriter which I believe revanto will be doing the fx. Not sure just yet.

Hope to see some old faces here at the guild.

Later
#15  October 26, 2007, 10:30:03 pm
Holy shit, you got mad skills. Someone made a Shun (Which isn't complete). And now Mel, Can't wait for this one.
\"oohwhap\" said:
dont requset my chars tey r prevet
#16  October 27, 2007, 12:33:43 am
  • Now your gonna feel my hooks! OH YEAH!!
Good to see this project still goin. If all the sprites are completed, I wouldn't mind helping coding him. Then it would be up to you to tweak or update him.
#17  October 27, 2007, 07:10:23 pm
  • Don't Give me that Look!
    • USA
Hope to see some old faces here at the guild. Hope to see some old faces here at the guild.
Well well
now that i finally got a comp back i can say welcome back to you and myself
I hope you get a comp back cause i've been there
And between April and a few weeks back it's been hell

[ontopic]
I dunno if this might sound easier or not but............
you could use part of the "Mel's Stand Get Hit High" animation (mainly the hard hit anim.)
to incorperate in the "Knock Back" animation when you make that part.
just another misc. thought
Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 03:15:12 am by Kunai20
#18  October 28, 2007, 12:56:40 am
Holy shit, you got mad skills. Someone made a Shun (Which isn't complete). And now Mel, Can't wait for this one.
lol might have some skills but im not mad..
so, someone making shun? never knew that.

Good to see this project still goin. If all the sprites are completed, I wouldn't mind helping coding him. Then it would be up to you to tweak or update him.
yeah its alive.. we just recently took a break on it. Good to hear that you're willing to help. I'll be sure to pm you then... maybe.
Hope to see some old faces here at the guild.

Well well
now that i finally got a comp back i can say welcome back to you and myself
I hope you get a comp back cause i've been there
And between April and a few weeks back it's been hell

[ontopic]
I dunno if this might sound easier or not but............
you could use part of the "Mel's Stand Get Hit High" animation (mainly the hard hit anim.)
to incorperate in the "Knock Back" animation when you make that part.
just another misc. thought
Congrats on getting a new comp.
yeah i could do that just need to tweak parts of it to fit wit the knock back animation im goin to do, but right now im more focus on the basic movements (walk, jump, and etc).
#19  October 28, 2007, 06:12:02 am
great work so far, I'm very impressed with your sprite work and even more with the fact you have no scanner, I'm dying over a wacom table, having to scan every thing suxs, i cant imagine how having
to use the mouse might feel. Well your sprites/frames are consistent and your proportions are great.

Glad to see theres others who can bring new things to the table.

P.S I'm the guy making Shun (also HD Toph). We might be able to help each other, who knows.
Any ways gl.

Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 06:15:38 am by WanteD
#20  November 07, 2007, 02:57:34 am
hey! im back... been busy wit other stuff and haven't got a chance to work on mel.

anyway heres a quick sketchy animation for the standing pose...