• www.bmarquis.com/forum
Pic maybe?
Re: First stage
#3  December 22, 2007, 11:31:16 pm
Oh yeah sorry   :-X hold on a sec.
#4  December 22, 2007, 11:51:13 pm
    • www-personal.umich.edu/~tdkim/ziltama/
Ah, one of my favorite areas from Cave Story.  I was going to make my own Mugen stage of this someday (even have the music and core graphics all ready to go).

After looking at the screenshot, I thought something looked very strange...

After playing the stage, I see you used some weird scaling technique and filter...it makes the graphics look bad.  There's odd green pixellation throughout.  The cloud layers have jagged edges.  It almost looks like there's actual color loss.  You probably didn't even need to blow up the graphics in the first place.

I guess there's a floor there.  The zoffset is set a few pixels below where the ground starts.  Not sure if that was intentional or not.

It's one of the few areas in the game with background movement and motion...none of that is here.  It's just a single image, single layer stage.  It would have been nice to split everything up and use differing deltas and velocities.

So, needs work.
#5  December 23, 2007, 12:00:51 am
I'm all for criticism but that was a bit harsh.I'm still very new and this was my first, and i put alot of effort into it.I don't really know how to make an animated background and stuff.
#6  December 23, 2007, 12:09:36 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I'm all for criticism but that was a bit harsh.I'm still very new and this was my first, and i put alot of effort into it.I don't really know how to make an animated background and stuff.

Harsh? That wasn't harsh. It was just criticism. You should see "harsh" from ziltama...
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#7  December 23, 2007, 12:12:54 am
Alright whatever, i just want some help or something  --;.
#8  December 23, 2007, 12:24:31 am
    • area91.garycxjk.com
Yeah, point is, he did help.

Because, It's Midnite
#9  December 23, 2007, 12:30:57 am
Alright i know that, the thing is i didn't really understand half of what he said.I'm just trying to share my first stage with you guys would you lay off me and just say if it's good or if it sucks.

[Z]

#10  December 24, 2007, 02:55:02 am
  • Korn Spruit
    • www.titane.ca/igod/
"Never try to twist my words. They're twisted enough already."
#11  December 24, 2007, 03:27:41 am
†Kazuki-Motonari™ said:
In other words... Beppu still should play MOAR KOF before making KOF XI chars...
Otherwise, he should just stop naming them "XI" chars and just rename them to "KOF: Beppu impact."
lol!