YesNoOk

Glass Tower Stage (Read 3743 times)

Started by InterRage, December 24, 2007, 06:29:13 am
Share this topic:
Glass Tower Stage
#1  December 24, 2007, 06:29:13 am
    • interrage.deviantart.com/

First off I'd like to thank jesus for allowing me to simulate mass destruction.

description: You're fighting on the side of a huge glass tower, that eventually explodes and the top half your fighting on, tips over backwards and freefalls,.........to your death, well not really.

It's not complete yet. comments appreciated.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zy6efa

fixed sorry bout that.
Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 07:14:24 am by InterRage
Re: Glass Tower Stage
#2  December 24, 2007, 06:39:37 am
  • My surname is not Foster, FYI.
Not an Esnips kinda guy (login?  fuck that shit!)

Hope it's not hi res, I really want to try it out.
Good news for all of you.

I'm banned forever.

Please, just let the ban quietly pass and whatever you do, I beg you, DO NOT CHEER. Do not celebrate that you've won about the fact that I'm banned forever. Let it slide, PLEASE DO NOT CHEER. Don't cause me to shitpost again. I didn't even recall making a shitty post before I got perma'd. I hated this forum anyway. It doesn't even feel I'm taking part in a MUGEN forum.

Well, ungoodbye to you all and I hope you all burn in hell.

- Peter
#3  December 24, 2007, 07:05:58 am
  • this be some serious mugen shit
please upload it to a correct file place like sendspace mega upload etc. --;
#4  December 24, 2007, 07:30:39 am
I'd like to say again that it is not complete, there are a few things that need fixing, and might need some professional opinions about some things you might see in the stage.
#5  December 24, 2007, 08:20:59 am
First thing, the file name shouldn't have spaces in it.  It should be Glass_Tower, otherwise you'll have problems assigning it to a character.

Second thing, the animation looks weird, I can't quite tell how you get form seeing the horizon to seeing the building.

Also shadows and reflection together don't mix, I'd stick with one or the other.

Other than that, the stage is great.  Though the buildings on the ground could use a lot more detail, and I think if you made sunset or night version it would look awesome.

But keep working on this, It's an awesome premise, and has a lot of potential.

I'm looking forward to future releases.
#6  December 24, 2007, 09:35:02 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Stage is coming along nicely, nice concept and all I've said before, just needs finetuning on the coding side (and detailing on some sprites, if you're willing to):

- Like I said the other day, letting the camera scroll vertically messes with the progressive perspective on the buildings that you managed to do so well otherwise

- If keeping vertical scrolling, should use some floortension and make vertical follow higher, as it is the camera doesn't follow the chars right

- Best not to use shadows along with reflections in most cases

- The floor's sprite deltas should be the same as the BG's (since both are connected), it's the parallax that'd make them move differently, so read below

- The yscale on the floor's parallax is totally wrong and you can really tell it with each jump. I suggest you put the axis at the bottom of the building (top of sprite), the Y delta as the same as the BG and then go from there. On the other hand, if vertical scroll was disabled like I suggested above you wouldn't need to worry about it

- I'd decrease the BG/floor's X delta so that you can have a more impressive parallax. The less the BG moves, the more the parallax does

- And resetbg should be 0, but I suppose you left it at 1 for testing purposes

- Could use acceleration when the building starts topling over

- Ditto for the broken building part that scrolls upward in the second part of the stage. Well, you did use acceleration on this one, but still could be more noticeable, the initial vel is too fast

- Could add a reflection for the explosion (just an inverted anim with transparency)

- For the veladd BGCtrl, you can just specify the start and end time rather than using multiple veladds*

* time = start_time, end_time
Adds the specified velocity during every tick in that interval.

Edit: Added line breaks between each point and made the fonts smaller, for easier reading.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 09:39:40 am by Pot's Ken
#7  December 24, 2007, 02:51:31 pm
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
I have a request can you make it a bit more glossy and ah looking? thats my only complaint  ;P
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
#8  December 24, 2007, 03:52:02 pm
  • Hellz yeah!
Hmmm,haven't really seen how the stage looks

when it's fully broken,my match ended to fast.

I like the whole breaking glass,pretty sweet

goes well with Kula Ex with her whole glass power.

Lovely stage,looking forward to the next updates.

:)

#9  December 24, 2007, 10:46:37 pm
  • Dark Man X
  • TIP EHT FO MOTTOB
Very original idea.
#10  December 24, 2007, 11:05:50 pm
  • Nice Is Different From Good
    • www.freewebs.com/mommamugen/
Love this stage, nothing negtive too say...

BUT - I was wondering if itd be possibile to continue the stage going downword after the first round?

Warner es demasiado agradable ser malo
#11  December 24, 2007, 11:25:54 pm
  • When will The Dutch Guy start?
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum
#12  December 25, 2007, 03:12:43 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Very nice beta. POTS has pointed out all the main problems, so I have nothing to add. Good luck for the rest, this stage is really original and well made. :)
#13  December 25, 2007, 04:34:38 am
I'm unsure is this low or high res? Just asking before I download so I know where to add it.

WIP: Ash Ketchum
Sprite count - 14
#14  December 25, 2007, 05:32:56 am
It is a low-res stage. I can only imagine what it would look like if I could have it in high-res.

anyway, Merry Christmas all.
#15  December 25, 2007, 05:36:04 am
  • Sleep is the best meditation.
It looks interesting, I'm certainly going to have check it out, thanks.  :hat:
In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.
#16  December 27, 2007, 10:26:33 am
Nice stage, im not really a huge character or stage rater but it actually looks like a real stage instead of a WIP

Click on signature for videos
#17  December 27, 2007, 11:21:33 am
    • www-personal.umich.edu/~tdkim/ziltama/
Basically whatever that pots person.  The yscale doesn't work at all.  It looks so awful when superjumping.  The parallax floor doesn't work either.  I may consider fixing the parallax, but I'll see what the next update shows first.

Instead of allowing characters to jump very high, try something more reasonable like KFM's stage.
#18  January 03, 2008, 09:15:03 pm
Great idea but the falling background gets a bit monotonius after a while. I understand though that it is hard to make an eternal drop to look interesting all the time :)
#19  January 04, 2008, 01:09:22 am
hmmm, people are still looking at this thing? cool  ;D

Along with everybody has said about it, I totally agree with the explosion, the parallax, the sky, the falling of the side the building all need to be fixed and tuned and are not up to my own expectations. Which is one reason why I released it early, cause I wasn't sure that I would release it at all.

So in actuality, this project is mothballed till some inspiration hits me.