YesNoOk

Halo Hangar (Read 5758 times)

Started by MugenFreak30, January 29, 2008, 01:52:13 am
Share this topic:

MugenFreak30

Halo Hangar
New #1  January 29, 2008, 01:52:13 am
Using sprites from Halo Zero by Dobermann, I created this hangar stage. No animations in it, couldn't find the right Chief and Covenant sprites to use, plus they would float because of the way the stage is made.

Download: http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=P8O1N1WF
Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 11:05:43 pm by DMK
Re: [Stage] Halo Hangar
#2  January 29, 2008, 02:27:00 am
    • www-personal.umich.edu/~tdkim/ziltama/
I see what you did for the "floor", but it's really the sideways view of the original floor.  You could try doing some manual editing and come up with a proper floor surface for mugen.

I don't get it.  How would those sprites float?
#3  January 29, 2008, 04:49:17 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Now im interested too, go into details.

MugenFreak30

#4  January 29, 2008, 05:28:50 am
I see what you did for the "floor", but it's really the sideways view of the original floor.  You could try doing some manual editing and come up with a proper floor surface for mugen.

For the floor, some suggestions?

With regards to the sprites floating, I experimented with different deltas, but while the vertical follow and floortension were setup, the feet rose off the floor. The fighters are fine, but the background people would rise off the ground whenever a player jumped.
#5  January 29, 2008, 05:33:19 am
  • this be some serious mugen shit

With regards to the sprites floating, I experimented with different deltas, but while the vertical follow and floortension were setup, the feet rose off the floor. The fighters are fine, but the background people would rise off the ground whenever a player jumped.

look through some stages and save the floor sprite you want to use

and set the background people to delta = 1, 0

1 = x axis
0 = y axis

MugenFreak30

#6  January 29, 2008, 05:37:16 am

1 = x axis
0 = y axis

Okay, thanks for the assist on that Chief Vs. Covenant thing! As for stages, what stage would you suggest for a good floor?
#7  January 29, 2008, 05:41:14 am
  • this be some serious mugen shit

1 = x axis
0 = y axis

Okay, thanks for the assist on that Chief Vs. Covenant thing! As for stages, what stage would you suggest for a good floor?

a stage with a metal floor like uh apocalypse's character floor sprite, take n64 marios for instance it has a metal floor

MugenFreak30

#8  January 29, 2008, 05:42:14 am

1 = x axis
0 = y axis

a stage with a metal floor like uh apocalypse's character floor sprite, take n64 marios for instance it has a metal floor

Thanks again.

MugenFreak30

#9  January 29, 2008, 06:49:17 am
Okay, took the advice of the laughing Iori, and still, the fighting sprites still jump off the ground when the players jump.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
#10  January 29, 2008, 09:28:21 pm
  • Never finishes anything
    • USA
    • sinhra.com/mugen/ermacwon/index.html
Are you using deltas?
#11  January 30, 2008, 12:16:06 am
If you don't want objects to "float", then you need to assign the proper deltas.  Basically, set it to the same delta as whatever layer the object is supposed to be on.

For instance, if an object is supposed to be on the main floor, which has a delta of 1,1, then the object's delta is also 1,1.

So, set those sprite's deltas to the same one as the ship.
Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:41:45 am by ziltama

MugenFreak30

#12  January 30, 2008, 12:32:39 am
I messed around for a while, and found the right delta! the delta for the animated battle scene is at .8, 1 (Setting it to the ship's delta still allowed a float upon fighter jump). I also added a new floor! The floor that is used in this version is from the AVP lab stage (That floor looked like the right one to use). As soon as I can, I'll add the new version's screenshots and download link to this thread. Now to finish working on the Corneria stage...
#13  January 30, 2008, 12:59:35 am
Uh...

If you want a sprite on the ship, then just set it to the same delta as the ship.

Now, if the ship itself floats, that's a problem.  Then you'd have to set the ship's y-delta to 1, which is what I'm assuming here.

So, both the sprites and the ship should have a delta of .8,1 then.