YesNoOk

Sandopolis Zone 2 (Read 2990 times)

Started by Mr. I, February 10, 2008, 06:50:24 pm
Share this topic:
Sandopolis Zone 2
#1  February 10, 2008, 06:50:24 pm
    • Canada
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 08:52:46 pm by Shift b is B
Re: Sandopolis Zone 2
#2  February 10, 2008, 07:08:43 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I always wanted to make a stage out of this just so I had an excuse to use that BGM.  ;P
Speaking of BGM, it's seriously unoptimized, you're using 2:33 minutes when I have the same one with just 41 seconds and complete. More feedback:

- Intro lasts too long, hides the characters' own intros
- Either verticalfollow or floortension is too low, chars go offscreen before reaching the top. Stage doesn't need to be that high btw
- Floor and wall could've been tiled for a much, much smaller SFF
- Reducing the deltas of [BG main] to something like .5,.5 gives a nicer effect
- Movement of ghosts could be a lot more interesting, like floating around the screen with a low delta, and moving towards the center when they're fully "transformed"
- If you use BGCtrl with type=anim you can switch the ghost/wall/whatever's anim, no need to put the whole darkening as huge single anims
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#3  February 10, 2008, 07:32:32 pm
    • Canada
Thanks for feedback. I wanted to get some today so i can make the minor changes that people want.
As for the feedback...

- Intro thing is a personal preference of my desire to keep true to the game. But perhaps i could lessen the amount of time the screen stays black to accommodate for other characters' intros.

- I use umihei's ryu and sa2 to judge the verticalfollow and floortension. I'll make those adjustments accordingly. I also reduced boundhigh to -350.

- I tend to be overdoing when it comes to floor and mainbgs since the last thing i need is a floor or a main doesn't cover enough area. Plus i found it a bit easier to use a single large image so that lantern placement could be done a bit easier than if the image were tiled. Perhaps in the future when i come back to this stage, will i tile and optimize the file size.

- deltas of bg main and lanterns reduced to your suggestions.

- i like your suggestion about the ghost movement but i don't know how to execute what you suggest.  Eventually i'll figure out a creative way to implement the ghosts and their movements.

- i tried the bgctrl suggestion earlier, but it didnt turn out very well. so i just made large anim files. I'll try to optimize them in the future.
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
#4  February 11, 2008, 02:49:41 am
Yeah thats the level i got stuck on when i first played sonic & knuckles. Good stage it would be funny if the ghosts attack the players when it goes dark but that would probably piss people off.
#5  February 12, 2008, 07:43:51 am
  • I'm just a Moo
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/CoztheSexyBeast666
I hated going thru this stage in the Game because it was a pain in the Butox, but I loved this stage you made. Do you plan on making all the Sonic Stages? If you did that would be cool
No