YesNoOk

Evil Homer (Read 64434 times)

Started by Warner, April 19, 2008, 03:50:38 pm
Re: It's pretty painful to read mindless drone praise, mind you.
#81  April 25, 2008, 03:05:31 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Not when insults start flying and egos go ablaze, this conversation already ended so lets not try to rekindle it?
...That's exactly what I said...read the last line of my post?
And as long as this is a public forum conversations can't "just end"...or should we call this section the "Mindless praise for works in progress" section?

And that's my last post related to the subject, out of respect of both parties.
tl;dr I feel this character has tons of wasted potential, which is sad...most good coders can't sprite and most good sprites can't code, that's how it works, I guess.
Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 03:08:32 am by Klavier Gavin
Re: Evil Homer
#82  April 25, 2008, 03:11:33 am
  • SSBB owns!!
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum/index.php
Well we all need to get back onto topic. This went from talking about A WIP to talking about ownership and Reu and other things that are very much irrelevant. I say, well mostly in my opinion, if you're not here to speak about Evil Homer get your ass outta this thread.

Let's Go!!! But PM me if you added me.
#83  April 25, 2008, 03:13:14 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I agree with Glavin on that wasted potential subject, so, if you go through with it try to really edit it away from the source material, a lot, it could be way better if specifically coded towards its own "thing".
#84  April 25, 2008, 03:27:13 am
  • Veamos chicas!
    • El Salvador
wowwowow  :o
When JNP delete my last post, i went to Recicle bin and i found 2 pages of this thread.
 :-X  i work all day, and only by night i can use internet. i didn't know about all that comments.
well....

At this time i can code whatever char i would like to make, but about evil Homer, i wanna make it at this way. i have my reasons.

sorry if somebody doesn't like this char, for me Mugen is fun, and now doesn't seem so funny at all.

Now i really don't know if release this char....  :(
No estaba muerto
#85  April 25, 2008, 03:29:30 am
  • SSBB owns!!
    • www.bmarquis.com/forum/index.php
Why? I see no reason in not releasing him due to the fact of a few people saying crap. Personally I dont mind have a sprite swapped charcter. He looks cool and funny. I planned on DLing him when he came out and have im face Evil Ken. But now that you might not release him I feel saddened

Let's Go!!! But PM me if you added me.
#86  April 25, 2008, 04:18:35 am
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
What's warner doing wrong? I think of his evil homer not as a "grave robbing" as you would say, but more of a fanart/spriteswap. Nothing bad would come out of this char IMO. It's not like this char will make you go on a rampage killing babies, it's just a character. That's just my opinion :blank:
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.
#87  April 25, 2008, 04:29:38 am
  • Sonic stage creator
    • www.freewebs.com/ultimategokuex/index.htm
What's warner doing wrong? I think of his evil homer not as a "grave robbing" as you would say, but more of a fanart/spriteswap. Nothing bad would come out of this char IMO. It's not like this char will make you go on a rampage killing babies, it's just a character. That's just my opinion :blank:
This will never end  >:(
#88  April 25, 2008, 04:36:24 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Haha, and on the other end of the stick I don't want users jumping in here telling Warner he SHOULD release this.

Really now, this is different than most issues. I don't have to give my thoughts on what he should or shouldn't do... it's up to Warner.

He either has fun and believes he is making a tribute or he gives into guilt and has to keep it private... No answer is right or wrong... So yeah... um... don't make me get all super delete happy mod again and abuse my power some more XD

Seriously though, this is simply an awkward topic to moderate... so tread with care and respect when posting please.
#89  April 25, 2008, 03:08:07 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
wowwowow  :o
When JNP delete my last post, i went to Recicle bin and i found 2 pages of this thread.
 :-X  i work all day, and only by night i can use internet. i didn't know about all that comments.

Comments restored. Hiding them doesn't make anything better, only worse.

Personally, I agree with ZantetsuMug and think this project is a bad idea.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 03:12:04 pm by Sepp
#90  April 25, 2008, 03:17:17 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Personally, I think all of warner's projects are bad ideas too ... But that does not make me go and try to stop him, though I obviously don't encourage him either.
#91  April 25, 2008, 03:24:48 pm
when you have no choice what didn't happen is better than what will happen...@Warner : I guess you better keep this char private, and a release would be regarded as plagiarism as stated before...that would only bring more hate to the atmosphere

people have different minds, some take stuff seriously for their own reasons, no one could be understood unless judged by every of his own standards
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#92  April 25, 2008, 03:26:47 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Seeing the drama involved, seriously : keep the character private, and if you want, distribute the sprites, which are obviously well done, so that people can make good use of them.
#93  April 25, 2008, 03:30:44 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Its like those anime characters that cry over meaningless things ignoring actual meaningful things going on. In a sense its like Homer itself.
And thats ironic.
Im ashamed of the way most reactions went on, Zantetsu and Vyia made the most sense out of this all.

A better use for this character would be with its own flavour, its own style, instead of based off Evil Ken, but come what might.
#94  April 25, 2008, 04:26:04 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
i have been following this page for a bit now. and im really surprised at the community. warner is one of the most talented creaters around and we all know that. he has more original characters then i think anyone. o_O

i believe reu would be honored to have warner create such a character.

evil homer looks awesome and seems to be coming along very well.
keep up the awesome work man :sugoi:
#95  April 25, 2008, 04:45:18 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/

BC

#96  April 25, 2008, 05:08:57 pm
    • UK
message to warner:  who cares if there are a few people who dont like it......the % that do like the character and want to play with the character is far greater than them, release him man....dont waste hard work  :ninja:
Accepting commissions
#97  April 25, 2008, 05:14:56 pm
  • Sonic stage creator
    • www.freewebs.com/ultimategokuex/index.htm
message to warner:  who cares if there are a few people who dont like it......the % that do like the character and want to play with the character is far greater than them, release him man....dont waste hard work  :ninja:

I don't want users jumping in here telling Warner he SHOULD release this.

#98  April 25, 2008, 05:18:44 pm
  • Clone 0001 Ver 1.0
    • www.fotolog.com/saikyo_student
Agree.
i have been following this page for a bit now. and im really surprised at the community. warner is one of the most talented creaters around and we all know that. he has more original characters then i think anyone. o_O

i believe reu would be honored to have warner create such a character.

evil homer looks awesome and seems to be coming along very well.
keep up the awesome work man :sugoi:
Don´t give up,man!
Yours works are excellent,as ever...

Try again,kid...
The Saikyo Student´s videos
http://es.youtube.com/profile?user=SaikyoStudent
Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 05:27:34 pm by saikyo_student
#99  April 25, 2008, 05:31:30 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
The opinion of some random leechers, don't matter. :mellow:

I think Warner should create a new character.
Instead of a sprite swap, and just add a supermove, similar to one of Evil Ken's as a tribute to Reu..
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#100  April 25, 2008, 06:20:14 pm
  • Guess where I'm From
    • s11.invisionfree.com/NEWSpeak_Forum
All of you disgust me. Really. This has gone completely out of control. I can agree with the point that Warner should not bother making this public without him given permission, but to go and say that he is "graverobbing" is bollocks. Absolute bollocks. How dare anyone run round puffing their chests about a man's memory (a man that most people did not even know) is downright insulting to Reu and his family. Furthmore, bickering on such a public scale such as this. Look at yourselves, nearly all are grown-ass men bickering like fucking kids and you should be really ashamed at yourselves. Also, if you feel so bad about it, help him by coding instead of bitching, it may be of some use to him instead of kicking his ass down to the ground.

Again, Warner was wrong for making public his project without permisssion. But, I think that it is wrong to use a dead person's memory as such.
My teeth really are beautiful.