YesNoOk

Character AI (Read 15437 times)

Started by thefloydian, May 01, 2008, 12:50:02 am
Share this topic:
Re: Character AI
#21  May 12, 2008, 05:32:47 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
A mugen AI can't properly guess what the other character can do; Un less you make a very long and intensive list of move properties for several mugen characters, the ai can only guess the most basic stuff.
#22  May 12, 2008, 05:42:00 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Which isn't as bad as you'd think, KOF bosses know your moves and we all know how that turns out.
Just a shame you can't code them to jump over projectiles like Capcom AI's.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#23  May 12, 2008, 06:28:03 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Yah, but mugen ais generally mess up in the wake up game, the best ones just block while keeping away form you, but most other get screwed up on it, and it is very easy to force wake up like situations in a fight.
#24  May 13, 2008, 02:14:31 am
  • Remeber life is short. Live it well.
Yes, but when it came to AI, you can't overlook authors such as Elecbyte and AOAO. Both had a refined way of coding their AI and Elecbyte's Hotaru creations when you fight against them have a very sensitive AI, meaning they predict the next move you're going to do. AOAO had a similiar system, but his a little more simplified than Elecbye. Unfortunately, AOAO is long gone and it is unknown when he will be back in the mugen community. There were rumors he'd return about two to three years, but his site is closed, indefinitely. I must say though,

Kyou: "Sunohara, I'm going to kick your ass. You stole my piggy!!!"
Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 03:18:13 am by Lezard Valeth
#25  May 13, 2008, 02:20:30 am
Elecbyte made a Hotaru?  I thought all they made was Kung Fu Man, and the engine....
"With ignorance and arrogance, success is assured."
~Mark Twain
Sig by TempesT
#26  May 13, 2008, 03:14:17 am
No, I was talking about the Hotaru edits, Shira, Luna and A.F. I know Mikage made Zero_Hotaru, but I'm not talking about that either. Elecbyte made three Hotaru edits that have disappeared from the mugen community, but let's not get offsubject here. I was talking about the way both coded their AI.

I was reviewing my mugen database and two long forgotten author names came to mind: shacti and DCelso.

Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 04:51:01 am by Lezard Valeth

hjk

#27  May 13, 2008, 06:07:16 am
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
Yah, but mugen ais generally mess up in the wake up game, the best ones just block while keeping away form you, but most other get screwed up on it, and it is very easy to force wake up like situations in a fight.
Hmmm... What exactly do you mean by "wake-up?"
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
#28  May 13, 2008, 06:54:42 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Standing up from a knockdown. In KoF for eg you can almost always catch people out if they're close with something as you stand up. I often hit with an uppercut for eg.

Elecbyte made three Hotaru edits

OT but Elecbyte never made hotaru, nor have they made any custom AI. They made KFM and the engine. Hotaru is not involved.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#29  May 13, 2008, 07:59:58 am
He seems to be referring to the old habit of some people putting Author = "Elecbyte" in the def file, because they wanted to be anonymous or something. 
#30  May 13, 2008, 08:20:50 am
Ah, thanks for clarifying that for me, Shion. I couldn't understand why Elecbyte was in the author's name area. I was beginning to think there was an author that called themself Elecbyte, but thanks to your information it seems that they want their name to be anonymous. Do you know who the creators of A.F., Shira and Luna are, Cyanide or Shion?

Also, do you know what happened to shacti and DCelso?

#31  May 13, 2008, 08:56:23 am
A.F. is by Mother Earth I believe.  I think it stands for Another Futaba... Though I'm not completely sure on that one.  Never heard of Shira or Luna though.
#32  May 13, 2008, 10:00:56 am
Thanks, that information will really help. I always wanted to know who made A.F. since she is well designed. Strange "Mother Earth" wanted to put it anonymous, but I don't know the reason why that author would do that.

hjk

#33  May 14, 2008, 12:30:52 am
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
[Wake Up is] Standing up from a knockdown. In KoF for eg you can almost always catch people out if they're close with something as you stand up. I often hit with an uppercut for eg.
Thanks for the clarification.

I always thought that would depend. I mean, there are a few ways to cheat with the "wake-up" game. As far as I remember, Mugen (glitches and) allows an extended invulnerability time for the "wake-up" if you jump right out of it (like in my Makoto video). Also, most chars are coded with a (guestimated) wake-up invulnerable time that is efficient to allow a first strike that comes out 1 to 3 ticks after 5120 ends, to land on an atatcking opponent. Personally, I hate hovering AIs, so I actively code for a prioritized, usually invulnerable attacks to activate during the last twio ticks of 5120 at a small random or else purposely choose chars that launch basic strikes and/or anti-airs quickly (within the invulnerable guessed tick limit).

BTW, the best just sit there and "block" after the wake-up? Why do you say that?
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
#34  May 14, 2008, 01:55:09 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Mugen (glitches and) allows an extended invulnerability time for the "wake-up" if you jump right out of it (like in my Makoto video).

NOOO! No more mugen glitches, please. There is invulnerability in the base common1.cns during the getup state and it lasts for 5 ticks afterward. Other people may change this. Please go and LOOK before calling it a glitch, even then, it's probably not a glitch.

Most AI characters on wakeup would attack with something like a combo starter or a super... In this situation, they'd probably get thrown instead.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.