YesNoOk

RajaaBoy--RajaaDhalsim (Read 11916 times)

Started by Aadmi, June 10, 2008, 06:29:01 am
Share this topic:

Aadmi

RajaaBoy--RajaaDhalsim
#1  June 10, 2008, 06:29:01 am
This is my first project, that i've worked on RajaaDhalsim using CVS2 sprites,  he is not much like the CVS2 dhalsim much more a brand new dhalsim, but he still says yoga for no appearant reason whle fighting so he's still there...

I pretty much coded everything to brand new speacial moves to brand new hypermoves, only things thats remotely the same is his normal attacks,
yogafire, and throws, thats it.

Here's a video of him in survival mode, so you can see him in action, ofcourse he's not perfect according to the public who haven't even played with him yet, i searched for bugs as i played tried to fix them all before the release, but there's probably still tons i haven't noticed yet,

he has a groove bar in which is called yoga-A yoga-B and yoga-C---(thinking about keeping yoga bar for all other characters i create just because i can.)

A- being more of a defensive type
B- more combomation including hyper to hyper cancellation
C- well i had a Helper AI here, i think only one person knows who this helper Ai was, i'm workin on a new feature for thise yoga now...but for th time beng it is just normal no features or anything

He has an AI i made, in my opinion i made the AI cheap.(exactly how i want it), i don't know what qualifies as cheap for everyone e lse so i'll let you all decide.

also some of my original edited sprites like the air yoga fire and the air roll tackle and win pose win he flys.

I would like to hear all Positive and negative feedback so i can fix this character more.
here's the video i know it a not good video as the cursor is there and mugen infantry pops up once buts its all good my first time using that program. anyway this gives a basics of what he is, note its not me playing with dhalsim it's his AI i was lazy and didn't feeling showing myself so i let my AI  coding show you. please try to enjoy.

(how could i forget his wife in the backround cheering him on, silly me, will put it eventually pretty simple really)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ywmRrzB_sX4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ds7-lGpFdgc <------new move deleted shungukusatsu,for An Original move by me Yoga Funeral

===================================================================================================
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u18e0u<-------------------Updated  7/24 updated

http://lix.in/-27a025<-------------------Updated  7/24 updated

Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 05:54:31 pm by RajaaBoy
Re: RajaBoy-------MY first Character Made RajaaDhalsim
#2  June 10, 2008, 06:43:45 am
  • mugen madness
hey rajaa he looks preety good compared to the 1 off street fighter 2 good job for first char
#3  June 10, 2008, 07:01:09 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
Congratulations on the release man.

This Dhalsim sure is different.

In .sff I don't why do your FX look like that. all distorted? Must of been how you applied them. You can just added them in to .sff w/o applying them to the pallete. When you made the pallete did you hit that optimze button? Nonetheless I could care less for FX bit woop but other people might complain. *shrugs*

In .air I think its best to cover your red hit boxes with the blue ones. I noticed some red boxes weren't covered, giving priority over other hits. Again, thats up to you.

In .cns code game looks solid and it seems you took the time to make it so. I can't really judge other peoples code as to each his own.

Gameplay and AI (and please note that as we talked, you're more then allowed to do w/e in Mugen).
-Sliding effect after attacks seem a bit strange.
-Yoga modes are pretty cool addition, gives something new.
-Raging demon on a pure soul? But hey you're allowed, nothing wrong with that expect I think I saw Mugen default SuperPause spark in there haha.
-AI is neather cheap nor weak. Seems in the middle + im to skilled with Morrigan so AI has no effect on me now a days. No complainings.
-Again with the flash and FX. And ill be honest thats the last thing I try to look at but its just so out there but id say just revamp the FX.
-I also think you should make the ReadMe more people friendly. Many people don't read those but I think you can make it more user friendly.

In the end this is a different Dhalsim indeed. I didn't catch anything out of the ordinary and I didn't think I would because I knew you spent your time with this project, thus you probably took 99% of bugs yourself which is good. And I just knew you where going to use that stage, I even made a bet with myself that you where going to shoot a video to that stage so I win. Loving the music also, you're going to have to tell me some your cultures music so I can Mugen to it aswell because I am open to sexy music anyday.

I am going to set you up with Camtasia Studio 5 so you can shoot sexy videos with it.

Good job RajaBoy.

Aadmi

#4  June 10, 2008, 10:28:05 am
In .sff I don't why do your FX look like that. all distorted? Must of been how you applied them. You can just added them in to .sff w/o applying them to the pallete. When you made the pallete did you hit that optimze button? Nonetheless I could care less for FX bit woop but other people might complain. *shrugs*

i never noticed guess my eyes are screwed, is that fixable?, because pallettes aren't exactly like by me, so i wouldn't know what to do to fix it, if it's fixable anyoes welcome to do it for me (you nice people).

yeah i couldn't i couldn't get a crisp video out of that thing no matter how hard i tried, you'll need to assist me indeed.
i'm glad you like the music, the Song is by  Asha Bhosle and Mohhumad Rafi, O haseena zulfon vali, it's aremix though still good none the less.

again the fx if anyone can fix that  for me if it's fixable please try to i don't know what to do the stop that distortedness, oh wells look forward to more feedback.

and now to announce my next w.i.p

it will be announced in the w.i.p section.

cheers,RajaBoy

i could do all the animations over, and name them the same and then copy and paste his codes but thats a lot of work..hhmmmm

Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 10:34:16 am by RajaBoy
#5  June 10, 2008, 10:36:55 am
yeah Palletes are meh. I had about 10 palletes lined up but the color boxes didnt match because they where made for somebody else chun li rofl. Again colors are w/e to me.

As far as FX. it seems you applied them to the pallete when you added them. You dont need to. If you FX are in .pcx already just click the add button and add them thats it.

Ill help you with videos also.

Aadmi

#6  June 10, 2008, 11:04:50 am
yeah Palletes are meh. I had about 10 palletes lined up but the color boxes didnt match because they where made for somebody else chun li rofl. Again colors are w/e to me.

As far as FX. it seems you applied them to the pallete when you added them. You dont need to. If you FX are in .pcx already just click the add button and add them thats it.

Ill help you with videos also.

so that means it's to late...?  i don't have the original sprites anyway, i edited a few so there no good to me now. i forgot to save as,when edited
the place where i got them doesn't seem to have them anymore...where did you get your sprites? did you rip them yourself? or got them from a speacial place, because, i think  want to make a female charcter(defenitly RajaaCammy/RajaaHinata/whatever the the name of the brazilian girl is from SF3rdStrike)) now aswell as find cvsdhalsim sprites again. to add all the sprites again and name then exactly the same will take ages, hopefully i'l have time. anyideas?
i'll let you know when i'm about to make another video then my friend. thanks.

hey, hey , hey!!!! i just compared my sprites to one of warusaki3's sprites in a battle and couldn't find a diference you sure they look distorted to you, again im blind, and deaf anyway, so i could,nt tell(lol) maybe his is messed up too..it's your call Laquak
Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 11:33:12 am by RajaBoy
#7  June 10, 2008, 12:24:51 pm
Dhalsim sprites are fine. hitsparks, flames, finest KO and such are messy.

I get my sprites from...ok that site is down ROFL. This is not good.

Aadmi

#8  June 10, 2008, 12:48:22 pm

oh in that case its simple then. i'll fix it eventually..maybe we had the same sight was it in, portrugese or something?

working on cammy now, will fly though with copying and pasting my original made Yoga Groove Cammy with yoga groove (lol), oh well suits me my signature maybe who knows.8)
#9  June 10, 2008, 01:09:58 pm

oh in that case its simple then. i'll fix it eventually..maybe we had the same sight was it in, portrugese or something?

working on cammy now, will fly though with copying and pasting my original made Yoga Groove Cammy with yoga groove (lol), oh well suits me my signature maybe who knows.8)

Sounds about right. Get a nice base code going and .cns is a simple copy and paste for the most part. Only long parts is .air Id say. Cammy? Alright ill hold of Cammy for now then.

Ill get camtasia uploaded in a bit. Ill pm you the link with instructions how to set it up. Aperantely VirtualDub can make video quality even better so Im going to get that program and learn how to use it aswell. Talk to you in a few.

Aadmi

#10  June 10, 2008, 01:17:05 pm

Sounds about right. Get a nice base code going and .cns is a simple copy and paste for the most part. Only long parts is .air Id say. Cammy? Alright ill hold of Cammy for now then.

Ill get camtasia uploaded in a bit. Ill pm you the link with instructions how to set it up. Aperantely VirtualDub can make video quality even better so Im going to get that program and learn how to use it aswell. Talk to you in a few.

few hours maybe, 1:00-2:00 i'm in New York so i don't what the time is in Philidelphia probably the same i don't know my, maps.

you gave me camstatia already it's what i used. i just don' know how to use it well.
#11  June 10, 2008, 02:13:34 pm
Haha oh yeah I guess I did lol. Wer in the same time zone. 8:12 A.M. For us right now.

Ill pm you what I know about camtasia in a bit.
#12  June 10, 2008, 06:19:37 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
From what ive seen in the vid, he moves too fast.
Dhalsim is much slower, even in VS games.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#13  June 10, 2008, 08:55:46 pm
Watched the video. Love the look of it.
Banging tune as well. Good work fella.

Aadmi

#14  June 11, 2008, 12:20:10 pm
made the speacial bar in yoga A unsynched on purpose

i added the taunt, fixed the name of the move "supercounter" and mygen in the readme
air charge is available and, change the ground front/back.  yoga-A only level three speacial are available an none of them lock on as far as i know ecept during fireblitz, only if he falls, he goes to normal state from fly

that strange hit spark relocated,

edit:   Made The charge in the air look somewhat better. added movement left and right after the charge.
made the fly move in circles like the charge instead of up and down.

wil start working on adding his wife in the back, and making a Speacial Ability for Yoga-C or maybe i'll Just leave it Normal.hhmmmm

new link in the original post.

Aadmi

#15  June 11, 2008, 07:34:30 pm
fixed it so the helper thats there doing air charge can't get hit and turned into a copy of Dhalsim
new link in original post

Cheers,RajaBoy
#16  June 11, 2008, 07:36:42 pm
that stage and song, is there any chance I could get that too?
#17  June 12, 2008, 12:43:50 am
  • Hugest mugen fan ever made
The moves and effects in the video looks really amazing..
will try this shit right now!!!!!!!!
 ;D

Good Job..

Aadmi

Re: RajaBoy--RajaaDhalsim
#18  June 14, 2008, 01:37:49 pm
Updates RajaaDhalsim

added;

His Wife in the backround cheering him on (with extra sounds, because i felt like it) those voices got annoying during he match got rid of them.

made is AI less spamfull by stopping him from doing Fireblast( i think), every chance he gets
but in doing that opened another speacial up to the AI, the Rolling speacial.

New link in original post

Cheers,RajaBoy
Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 08:05:46 pm by RajaBoy
#19  June 14, 2008, 07:42:07 pm
Hah you got the wife in good job. I wish I had a wife cheering for me.  :sugoi:

Aadmi

#20  June 15, 2008, 08:40:51 am
He's got several invinites based around his jumping moves.  His hold down moves in the air are a nice touch, but don't have any lag time on them, making them instant overheads.  Granted, there's not much to fear from Rajaboy's low attacks (unless chained into supers) since they're slower than his overheads, but holy shit, does he hurt.

* Infinite 1 *easy* Jump, immediately hold down+lk, repeat till death
    * Infinite 2 *advanced*:  Jump, immediately hold down+lk, down+mp, floorbounce, repeat steps 2+3 till death
    * I'm pretty sure there are more, but these are the ones I had the most fun doing.

- He slides when ever he moves forward.  This leads in to rediculous grab ranges more broken than kara cancels in 3rd strike
- It doesn't seem the opponent can mash out of his grabs either.  Since the player is able to mash his throw's attacks, the opponent should be able to counter mash in order to escape the throw
- His slides aren't very consistant.  Holding down and mashing whatever kick button seems to produce different results every time.  He either slides, or he just kicks.

Now, Rajaboy's still cheap with effective changes made.  As it stands, as long as he has supermeter, he can really sit back and do whatever the fuck he wants.  You jump?  You die.  You throw a fireball?  You die.  You roll?  You die.  You stand there?  And I'll pelt you with yoga flames all day until I bait you into doing something so that I can make you die.  Hell, if you sit there and ignore my baits, I'll trick you another way:  Yoga teleport only half the distance over there making you think I'll go all the way over, you may think you have an opening when there's really not, and I'll a:  Counter (probably into a super cancel), b: super you, c: combo, special, super cancel for even more damage.  I think you should keep him that way, but since most creators want balance (and this is most likely true with you), you may have to rethink how he functions given the moves you gave him.

Well, I do better explaining things over IM, so if you want constantly available character testing, you know how to get my profile.  Otherwise, you'll have to wait for either others to find broken stuff, or me to come around to wanting to give feedback on him again (takes time for me to find interest in characters that aren't specifically my favorite).

Hey don't be rude..comments such as these will leave you only in distress i sugest you stop...Just Kidding (lol)

thanks for some feedback well,

I fixed those infinites made it so you can only do it quick once and the opponent gets time to rest,

No more Kicking him while jumping instanatly although i didn't see that as a probkem if the oponent new how to get up?.....

Well you don't know dhalsim do you, when Dhalsim is far he does, a slide kick when he's close he does a normal low kick|| when he's far his arms strectch
when close they don't same for legs. kinda funny you said this only about the crouch kicks and not the regular punchs and kicks. your not right here, no change
only in the The Yoga-B groove is he allowed to cancel speacials (when var(59)!=1, that is) and everytime he does, my attack multiplier kicks, and cuts the attack by .4 of the orignal attack, notice Misogi, is weaker, also he is only eligible for level 1 speacials in Yoga-B, so it's just as strong as a regular attack,
also he needs 5 yoga points to cancel a super during that groove and everytime he cancels a super, my attcak mutlpier kicks in and his attack is reduced further. So no brokeness there and his speacials are rather easy to dodge , eacpt misogi, but it,s as strong as his trip slide kick in the Yoga-B.

Thanks for the offer but you don't have to do that for me, i really appreciate it, i don't want to keep going back to Dhalsim to fix evry second i have other work. but your free to post in this thread on any issues needed to be fixed yup, thanks.

and whatdo you mean bait, every character has something to beat their opponent, by an advantage, but the opponent should have an advatage over them too, Dhalsim is i guess you wouldn't call it that but balnced throughout the grooves, (when var(59)!=1 that is).

Fixed the reasonable things

new link in original Post.

i found an ifinite myself(lol)

the firesuit speacial he could keep charging up, while in it making him super powerful as long as you contnue to charge.

fixed. made the Firesuit actually look sorta firery to.

again thanks for the Feedback man.  ;D

Cheers, RajaBoy

oh and you can break out of his grab, keep pressing the dirctional pad, and you'll see you blink just like the Dhalsim hitting you.
Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 08:47:25 am by RajaBoy