YesNoOk

Select Manager 0.3 beta - first screenshot! (Read 71874 times)

Started by jobro, June 17, 2008, 09:49:24 pm
Share this topic:
Select Manager 0.3 beta - first screenshot!
#1  June 17, 2008, 09:49:24 pm
    • jobromedia.netcipia.net/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
Tired of having to type all characters and stages in manualy with the risk that you may misstype something? This tool will speed up the process with lightyears.

You start by selecting how many characters your select screens shall have, how many matches andextra stages you want. Then you generate the indata, make the result file and save it. The file is saved in the MUGEN directories each time under a new name.

Download:
http://jobromedia.netcipia.net/xwiki/bin/view/MUGEN/tools

Exclusive screenshot from 0.3:

Scroll down to my last post for more info.
Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:45:09 pm by jobro
Re: Select Manager 0.2 beta
#2  June 17, 2008, 10:23:34 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Heh. In my case, this would make adding characters slower for me.

In any case, I'm guessing it doesn't work on the select screens that are of a special formation, right? Also, what do you mean by extra stages, exactly?
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#3  June 17, 2008, 10:28:54 pm
I refer to [extrastages] that is defined in the select.def file.
#4  June 17, 2008, 11:03:20 pm
Alright then. So, you get to choose how many stages you want in your mugen, right? And this goes for characters, right? Out of curiosity, say I have 100 stages and characters each. I say I want 50 each. What dictates which 50 make it through?
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#5  June 18, 2008, 05:51:34 am
This is how it's done:

First a temporary string is created

A loop is created for how large your roster list is.

Now a character is randomly selected and added to a temp string.

If character reuse is disabled then that character is deleted from your character list.

Then a stage is randomly selected for the character and added to the temp string.

If stage reuse is disabled then the selected stage is withdrawn from the stages list.

Next thing is that an order is selected randomly and added to the string.
The temporary string is added to the [CHARACTERS] textblock.

The loop is restarted for your next character...

Next the extrastages are processed in a similar way.
Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:46:03 pm by jobro
#6  June 18, 2008, 07:11:38 am
Oooohhhhh, I see what you mean.

So, will this enable direct configuration of a characters order and stage in the future? I mean, random's all fine and good, but more often than not I've seen people who'd rather give certain characters certain orders and stages. And simply giving random characters random orders and the like is only a step away from Mugen's own arcade mode.

Unless this stuff was considered in later versions...

Cenobite 53 said:
#7  June 18, 2008, 07:25:12 am
    • Mexico
    • rokksoftware.blogspot.com
Wooow, great job jobro... :D, a question...what program/code you use?
I'm working in a similar software, i'm programing in visual basic 6, maybe we can exchange ideas... :sugoi:
#8  June 18, 2008, 07:43:28 am
Developed with Borland Delphi 6. I can't stand the VB runtines :D

I'm planning to add support for char.def which will allow you to create more complex character select screens. It will contain basic comments with simple words such as ;error ;monster etc that lets you render a list of your own choices. But that is far in the version future.
#9  June 20, 2008, 02:11:18 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Just a question: Does this work with subdirectories? Lets say... I have a rooster of 125 CHars (more or less) but depending of whic type of char, is the directory that contains an amount of the same clas... faster reference... I have:

Marvel Folder (Chars from Marvel)
Capcom Folder (Chars from CAPCOM)
SNK Folder (Chars from SNK)
DC Folder (CHars from DC comics)...

And so on.

Does this work for this?

Anyway great job!

See ya!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#10  June 20, 2008, 10:52:27 am
Nah it doesn't work that way. If you have a Marvel Folder then the program asumes the folder is a character. None the less it's a decent idea and I'll try to implement it in later versions.

Some changes in 0.3 to be released next week:

- XP styled.
- Manualy add individual characters and stages
- Rearranged UI.
#11  June 20, 2008, 08:54:20 pm
Well, as a beta this is fantastic. I've been into MUGEN for a couple of years now and I just never can get used to having to code in everything from screen size and character rosters. I know a lot of MUGEN users are pretty proud of themselves and don't care for this sort of thing, but this should have been made ages ago. I do recall a similar project on Mugen Infantry, you may want to look that up (the name escapes me).

Out of curiosity, do you think it would be possible to add visual previews of files? For example in M.U.G.E.N. Stage Viewer .65 Beta by XiRtAmOn (I use this one a LOT) you can view the stage and set the music and even test its size with a char of your choice. Infusing those kind of options with this program would make this a must for all MUGEN users, especially if you also allowed char previews as well.

The next beta looks very promising. I do have another recommendation/ request, Could you add the ability to manually load or select the select.def, I use broken mugen, so mine is labeled as brokenselect.def

Another cool addition would be the ability to scroll through your roster and see the character in a dedicated window (again like stage viewer).

Sorry if I went overboard but this kind of project gets me really excited for MUGEN. Thanks and good luck. :sugoi:
#12  June 20, 2008, 10:49:52 pm
I'm sorry, but I have to deny all picture requests. Rooster preview. You can do this on your own by making the select.def file and load it into Mugen to see the rooster. Stage / char preview: All I can do about previews is if all char / stage creators hand out a 80px * 120px portrait of the char / 160 * 120px stage picture, but that's it. No SFF support will be added if there is no Delphi routines to load such files.

This is a quick&dirty tool to create select.def files. No rename function will be included since you can rename files directly in Windows:

- open an explorer window
- locate your MUGEN folder
- find the file you want to rename
- select it and press F2 to rename it
#13  June 20, 2008, 10:55:05 pm
  • DAT SAX

PEOPLE

THE WORD. IS. ROSTER. JESUS CHRIST.

ROSTER

THIS IS A ROSTER =

THIS IS A ROOSTER =

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 10:58:22 pm by ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~
#14  June 20, 2008, 10:56:52 pm
  • My college nickname was bi pod
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#15  June 21, 2008, 02:04:11 pm
My bad :D
#16  June 21, 2008, 02:21:28 pm
  • Let me show you my real personality!
    • www.myspace.com/skank88
#17  June 22, 2008, 01:05:54 am
Ok let's get back on track. Some more 0.3 features:

- Checks if a jpg named after the char / stage exists. if it does then it loads in the respective picture slot for short preview.
- Donationware (optional). My tough economic situation forced me to add such function.

Planned stuff in further versions:

- Support for Shugendo
Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 08:59:58 pm by jobro
#18  June 24, 2008, 08:43:41 pm
Sorry for my double post all alone. But it has been time to show the first 0.3B screenshot:

As you can see there has been plenty of changes. I'll mention just a few of them:

-Character and stages can now have a photo of it. The picture will be loaded when the item is selected.
-Stages and characters has a description file that will load upon selecting an item. The description files is plain .inf files containing the basic strings seen beside the stage and character currently highlighted.
-Info file contains a status value that kicks an error if a character or stage has an error in it's data. The status value is adjustable in the info editor.
-Built in info editors
-Planned support for SHUGENDO not working yet therefor it is disabled.
-Planned addition of cleanup facility to remove the errendous entries resulting in a lists of only working characters and stages. This will minimize the errors that can happen if a character is not working properly.
-Display of character specifications.

Now I know that some people wonder when will this be out? Best case scenary: I get everything fully working on thursday, can test it and upload it on friday afternoon. Worst: I hit major problems and I'll be able to hand out a version on monday evening.
Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 04:06:58 am by jobro
Re: Select Manager 0.3 beta - first screenshot!
#19  June 25, 2008, 02:02:25 am
    • Mexico
    • rokksoftware.blogspot.com
 :sugoi: So great, look's sooo better :o..
Re: Select Manager 0.3 beta - first screenshot!
#20  June 25, 2008, 09:21:04 am
  • Let me show you my real personality!
    • www.myspace.com/skank88
Now is much better jobro! Keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:
Love chars and stages information!