YesNoOk

Berserk - Guts by Oggy (Read 19356 times)

Started by tetsuo9999, July 25, 2008, 05:21:45 pm
Share this topic:
Berserk - Guts by Oggy
#1  July 25, 2008, 05:21:45 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
Re: Berserk - Guts by Oggy
#2  July 25, 2008, 05:31:09 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
As if Ryuko wasn't enough, this confirms the guy as a spriter "god".
He's not really very playable, but still, pretty cool spritework. The animation on the 2qcf+x super rocks, as does the demon striker (I only knew Berserk from the DC game, so forgot his name).
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#3  July 25, 2008, 05:43:14 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Here's a screenshot so that people know what they are downloading :

As POTS said, sprite-wise, Oggy proves once again that he's really very good. The animation is damn good too !
Coding wise, though, he would really benefit from having his chars coded by somebody experienced : the CLSNs are just awful, the vels for the moves are horrible, the juggles on all hits are badly set (LOL at smashing "X"), the gameplay itself has really nothing interesting, as it has only basics + 3 supers ... not even specials.

Oggy really reminds me of Amakichi (that's the name of the guy who made Cloud and Tifa, right ?) : nice spritework but unplayable characters due to bad coding. :(
#4  July 25, 2008, 06:01:07 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I just noticed that you can have multiple demons on the screen at the same time, hehe, silly if you consider it was a secondary character in Berserk (right?) not just a random monster type. Sure he knows it though, just the bad coding at work.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#5  July 25, 2008, 06:06:45 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
the gameplay itself has really nothing interesting, as it has only basics + 3 supers ... not even specials.
Why do you need specials when you can swing your sword like 4 times just by pressing "y" once.
Seriouly, awesome sprites. Horrible gameplay.
#6  July 25, 2008, 11:04:01 pm
Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 11:14:57 pm by P.o.t.S.
#7  July 25, 2008, 11:13:27 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
And you had to quote the whole thing just for that... anyway Geese is levitating too.
#8  July 25, 2008, 11:20:52 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
OH MEH GOD! i have this game for my dreamcast!!

this is a definate download for me!

Guts ROCKs!
#9  July 26, 2008, 02:11:10 am
  • Participate, be a part.
this seems like a beta or something.
#10  July 26, 2008, 02:32:36 am
  • . . .
    • www.youtube.com/xGUTSx83
OMG One of my fav manga chars finally made for mugen  :sugoi:
GUTS FUCKING KICKS ASS
#11  July 26, 2008, 02:54:23 am
  • this be some serious mugen shit
if everybody is saying he rocks, then imma keep him in my MOOJIIIN roster
#12  July 26, 2008, 03:31:59 am
  • i have a premonition~
    • aryaffection.tripod.com
whoa.. nice standing position
#13  July 26, 2008, 12:02:23 pm
  • The Extraordinary Spiderman
    • Netherlands
#14  July 26, 2008, 03:03:49 pm
  • Dark Side Maniac
Coding wise, though, he would really benefit from having his chars coded by somebody experienced

Please, I'm talking to good mugen creators, please, anybody of you take these sprites and make the char they deserve....it's just a wasted occasion to have something really unique on mugen....

maybe someone could even think to create a cvs-gatsu sort of  ;)
#15  July 26, 2008, 07:23:57 pm
Well, this Guts deffo has a reach advantage; for ShinValdoll nor his dragons had no answer for him. Also agreed about the swinging sword thing; the shit literally reaches almost to the other side of the screen. Clearly this guy's undone, but I think he's still brand assed new. I'll keep him in my roster definetly. Besides one class has Ryuko - the other class can stick it to them talking about, "Yeah, well, we got Guts! How you like dem apples?? Fwuh, fwuh, fwuh, fwuh, fwuh!"

I think there's more to come with Guts
#16  July 28, 2008, 02:52:53 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
yeah he may some work on his coding but he still rocks..... One thing i saw when trying him out is that when u press one button, he reacts with too many hits.. Now if i'm fighting another character like from cvs or somethin, its unfair for them cus he is doin non stop combos with just a few buttons... Now in a way its tight,  but also to the opponent it isn't fair cus it makes u win easily... This just my opinion, but i could be wrong.... But i still like it anyway

Solution, guys i will try to fit this into my mugen time, and make a patch making it where guts has an action for each button, instead of him being just mashin one button to do most things... Now i would make him a 6 button character but hmmmm i don't kno if he even has enough different spirtes for each, so i'll have to see....

But over all back on topic, i luv the character... And honestly i think the creator was did a good job..... I luv this anime and now i can kick some more anime characters ass with him

Now also,I kno alot of you kno how to go into fighter factory and change the size of the character so, for those who think he may be too big or want to have him at a good normal size like CVS style size edit his sizes like this

xscale  = .80       
yscale  = .80

Dont worry, so far i haven't seen any of his effects messed up by doing this so it works fine.... ;D
#17  July 28, 2008, 04:58:53 am
Man forget all that Ryuko scares me beyond all reason I have no one on my roster who can beat her.
#18  July 28, 2008, 06:42:53 am
*Faints*

Ive Been Waiting for this since i first saw mugen  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
#19  July 28, 2008, 09:34:49 am
  • Let me show you my real personality!
    • www.myspace.com/skank88
#20  July 29, 2008, 07:41:05 pm
  • Now your gonna feel my hooks! OH YEAH!!
Wow, sprite work on this is very good. With code tweaking, this could be an awesome character.