YesNoOk

Card Sagas Wars ( Lenneth VS Walküre ) (Read 507310 times)

Started by Abysswolf, February 04, 2009, 04:37:10 pm
Share this topic:
Card Sagas Wars ( Lenneth VS Walküre )
#1  February 04, 2009, 04:37:10 pm
    • cardgallery.tales-tra.com

I made a new topic to make a more organized post about the progress of the game, since i don't think Orkimides will be coming here soon. You can find the old topic here

There isn't much to explain about what Card Sagas Wars is, just another cross-over fighter, but for this one we are making everything from scratch with our Card Gallery style, and adding some features to the classic MUGEN gameplay.

I can't really say when there will be a demo or a beta, since the sprite making in this really takes a lot of time. But we are showing videos periodically with our progress so everyone can see how everything is going (more or less..)

Character Progress

Somewhat completed characters

• Cloud -  Completed.
  • Link - Completed.
  • KOS-MOS - Completed.
  • X - Completed.
  • Soma - Completed
  • Crono - Completed.
  • Valkyrie - Completed, except for Chameleon Magic variations
  • Master Chief - Completed
  • Samus - Completed
  • Lenneth - Completed

(More or less complete means that only minor things need tweaking, the construction and sprite/combo/sound creation should be done)
Not so completed

• Etna - Sprite cleaning needed, fix gameplay
  • Lion - Small sprite cleaning, add frames, more combos, fix gameplay.
  • Ivy - Sprite cleaning, add animations, more combos, fix gameplay.
  • Chunli - Really heavy sprite cleaning, lots of fixes on her gameplay.
  • Reiji - Missing most of his aerial attacks, Unique Skill, Combos and Crisis Card Attack.
  • Bowser - Missing Win, Taunt, Combos and Crisis Card Attack. Need help with his Koopa Summon
  • Chocobo - Barely started, needs everything except his normal attacks
  • Nina - Same as above
  • Sonic - Needs some aerial attacks, taunt, intro, win, combos, Unique Skill, and Crisis Card Attack
  • Yugo - Every special attack, taunt, win and combos. Might need help with his Werewolf transformation
  • DK - Missing some specials, normal attacks, win, combos, Unique Skill and Crisis Card Attack

Mistery

• ??
  • ??
  • ??
  • ??
  • ??
  • ??
  • ??
  • ??
  • ??
  • ??
  • ??
  • ??
  • ??
  • ??
  • ??

Stages

These are the confirmed stages so far, we hope to make a stage per character. There doesn't seem to be many issues with the coding of these yet.

X Stage
Central Highway

Ivy Stage
Library

Soma Stage
Lost Village

Samus Stage
Ceres Space Colony

ChunLi Stage
China

Crono Stage
Zenan Bridge
[/center]

Features

• Combo System

There are two basic attacks, normal attacks and special attacks, also they are different depending which direction button you press.

But, using the special bars you can see above, you can chain another type of combos to the basic attack. We've called them Alpha Combos, Beta Combos and Dual Combos.

To execute these 3 type of combos, you have to do various button combination, plus you also need the Alpha and Beta bars.When you execute a combo, these bars go back to 0% and you'll have to wait until they are at 100% again. The time it takes to get the 100% depends on the combo you used.

For example, Link's Firebow (Down, Forward + Special) is a Beta Combo(since it uses the Special Button) and needs the Beta Bar to be at 100% to be used. Some other examples:

Alpha Combos

Crono - Rainbow Slash

Lion - Soryuurengazan

Beta Combos

KOS-MOS - Dual F.G. Shot

Link - Firebow

[/center]

• Crisis Card Attacks 

Crisis Card is the name of the ultimate attacks in CSW. They aren't hard to use, but the difficult part is making it hit the enemy.

You can only use them once you're un critical state (your life bar is red), and you only have 2 Crisis Cards. Also you need both Alpha and Beta* bars at 100%

Once you use the Crisis Card the character uses a Chain Attack, which looks like a normal attack and can be blocked, but if it hits the enemy, the character will unleash all his power in the mighty Crisis Card Attack which can't be blocked. Even if you miss the Chain Attack, you will lose one Crisis Card.

X

Chain Attack - Zero Shot

Crisis Card Attack - Giga Attack

KOS-MOS

Chain Attack - R DRAGON

Crisis Card Attack - X BUSTER

[/center]

• Unique Skill 

Apart from special attacks, combos and Crisis Cards, every character has a Unique Skill. What's this? The Unique Skill is more than a simple attack, it depends on the character you're using. Some change their fighting style, others allow new attacks, some call Helpers, and many more. Here's an example of an Unique Skill: Ivy's sword. With the Unique Skill, she can extend and contract her whip-sword, which changes her normal attacks.

-  Unique Skill ->

<- Unique Skill -

[/center]

Normal sword attacks are a little faster but less powerful, while the extended sword attacks are slower and more powerful, it has it's advantages and it's problems. In the lower part of the screen you can see the status of the Unique Skill, when it can be used, when it's being used, etc. To continue with Ivy, the icon will change depending on how's the sword, and it will be in white color when you can use it and black when you can't.

• Support Card System   ~Green Series~

Green Series, or Support Card System, it's a 1on1 only game mechanic. You can summon characters from the whole Card Gallery and even some special appearances. (IMPORTANT: this DOESN'T mean that all the Card Gallery's cards will appear in the game as Green cards)

How do you use them?

Rank

Rank

Rank

[/center]

As you can see in this sketch, there's always been a mysterious rank in the blue cards, which represents the difficulty to obtain that card. To receive these cards, you have to get hit several times or block the attacks. If you're not getting hit the card bar will decrease until it goes back to 0. If you manage to fill the bar, you'll get a new card or the one you already have will level up and you will be able to use it anytime you want to.

All the characters in CSW can use this, but the card you get is totally random. You can plan lots of different combos using the Support Card and the Alpha/Beta attacks of your character, but keep in mind not all the Support Cards attack, some of them will help your characters or even mess up with the enemy.

Here we show some of the Support Cards:

Rank A

Sparkster
Rocket Rush

Prince of Cosmos
Katamari Roll
Rank B

Red Arremer
Fireball

Guybrush
Cannon Proof
Rank C

Bomberman
Kick Bomb

Isaac
Move
[/center]

• Boss Battles

These special battles are still in a very early stage in development. We are planning to make them similar to the Smash Bros Boss Battles to give you an idea, every boss will have Super Armor and will follow a pattern of attacks. The Super Armor kind of works right now, but it will need a lot of fixing when we start working on these battles more deeply. The initial idea was to make 2 types of Boss Battles, one for simul and other for single player, but i'm not sure if that can be done, maybe we only put these battles in normal arcade, not sure. More info will come later.

Trailers

Screenshots/Sprite Work

FAQ

Q: When does it come out?
A: There's no release date for now and we won't give dates, when the demo is ready we will upload it to the main page.

Q: What will include that demo?
A: It will only have 4 characters and 4 stages, but it will let you see how's the gameplay and graphic style.
These four characters will be: Link(Legend of Zelda), Cloud(Final Fantasy VII), X(Megaman X) and KOS-MOS(Xenosaga)

Q: How many characters will have the complete game?
A: 36 playable characters, but there will be more characters (not playable)

Q: Can you put XXXX from the YYYY saga?
A: Suggestions are wellcome, but at this point we already decided most of the playable characters.

Q: Will it include characters from comics, manga or movies?
A: No, only characters that originated in a videogame.

Q: The characters are too small!
A: We are using the Card Gallery style.

Q: Where did you get those sprites/animations/backgrounds/effects?
A: Everything is done from scratch, no ripping except for sound effects and voices.

Q: Are you going to put all the characters in the Card Gallery in CSW?
A: NO. That would be almost impossible since there are tons of characters in the Card Gallery.

Q: How are the special movements done? Is it like Street Fighter?
A: Special moves are done by pressing a direction and the Special Attack button, like the "Smash Bros" or "Tales of" series.
Then there are the Combos which are done by pressing a combination of buttons a la Street Fighter or other fighting games. And finally the Super Moves

Q: Will I be able to add the characters to my own MUGEN?
A: No, and the game will be moleboxed to prevent riping.

Credits

Creators: Ahruon and Orkimides
Special Thanks: Bane84 (coding)
Main Site: http://cardgallery.tales-tra.com

Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:24:35 am by Abysswolf
Re: Card Sagas Wars (new trailer, new topic)
#2  February 04, 2009, 05:29:05 pm
Oh, much better to obtain info. xD

On the previous post the info was all over the place, now its all organized. Looks like the game is going very well.

Dont have to rush the game, id rather have a late release than an incomplete demo xD

Good luck

btw, who is making those effects, they are insane :P

No Borders, No Nations
#3  February 04, 2009, 05:55:14 pm
it's not just another cross-over fighter, trust me
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#4  February 04, 2009, 06:09:39 pm
Do you guys do the pixel art from scratch?

P.S. my most anticipated character is Sora. I'm not saying that to sway your opinion or anything...actually I am.
Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 06:16:25 pm by Logic
#5  February 04, 2009, 06:39:31 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/

P.S. my most anticipated character is Sora. I'm not saying that to sway your opinion or anything...actually I am.

I've seen a video of Ahruon drawing a character starting with just a simple stickman. He has a video of it. It made me even more jealous of him being able to draw so good.

Ahruon, this topic looks just like your website. Nice job.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 06:44:40 pm by Noctis
#6  February 04, 2009, 06:52:09 pm
#7  February 04, 2009, 06:56:02 pm
  • Head on!
    • kevinamlewis.wordpress.com
You sir, are GOD. This has to be the best original sprite work I've ever seen, and your dedication speaks for itself.

My only complaint are the stages. From the looks of it, none of them are original, and the main problem with that is that those stages are not made for chibi-sized characters.
The Red Threat has arrived in Gilta Nnea. Nine heroes are prophecied to defeat him, but no one knows who they are. When a journey to the Hollowlands unites players in an all-out war, the stage is set for the heroes' rise. This is their battle. METAL SHADOW
#8  February 04, 2009, 06:59:51 pm
i'm pretty sure that the stages, although heavily based on other stages and locations from other games, are also drawn from scratch

i also think that they look fine as far as size goes??? the cars in x's stage seem proportionate to the small characters
#9  February 04, 2009, 07:13:03 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
@ iloveflash  : Did you look at the last trailer ?
#10  February 04, 2009, 07:15:57 pm
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/

Sora may be a character that originated in a video game, but, to me, he falls right into the same category as the "ZOMG Naruto, Bleach, and DBZ" chars.  That, plus the whole "friendship will conquer all" sugary sweetness is too much for a game like this, in my opinion.
#11  February 04, 2009, 07:42:27 pm
His personality may leave much to be desired but his gameplay would most definitely not.
#12  February 04, 2009, 07:51:20 pm
OMG...it looks awesome!
Can't wait!!!
#13  February 04, 2009, 09:18:22 pm
maybe mario? he just should be in the game due to his stardom in all sorts of games and the game industry. it would also be nice to see a superheo like from capcom or marvel.
anywayz nice new thread and insane job on what youve achieved so far.
just one qeustion, do you guys enjoy the game when playing it? or can you play it(probably so, but i just wanted to know since you put so much work in it and maybe have no fun with the game youself and just let us enjoy:P)
#14  February 04, 2009, 09:19:17 pm
  • -Giriko-
DAMN YOU GUYS

because your game is just plain godness

you make all other mugen games look like garbage

DAMN YOU ALL
#15  February 04, 2009, 09:20:47 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
NM/BW hideout 2.0? :gonkgoi:
My shitty mugen stuff:
#16  February 04, 2009, 09:23:30 pm
  • THATS MR HASEO TO YOU
    • haseo.ucoz.com/
since when does a couple of BW members make this a BW hideout

etna looks freaking sweet
and that some CC made me realise just how much i suck...
#17  February 04, 2009, 09:26:31 pm
    • cardgallery.tales-tra.com
btw, who is making those effects, they are insane :P

Both of us, using Photoshop and Particle Illusion. Though these effects make the characters REALLY heavy... Etna's sff file is around 44 MB big. I gotta clean it up a bit  ::)

Yeah, eveything is from scratch. I don't think Sora will be playable... I had him in mind time ago but then i thought of better choices. I agree with Bane though, he can be annoying sometimes  ;D

i saw the line about cloud and googled for psp sound ripping and what's the first result i get???
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=90982.0

it might help but maybe dissidia stores the sounds in a different format or something

Hmm i didn't try this... but Square-Enix is really picky with their game protection heh, I couldn't get a single sound file of Valkirie Profile 2 for Lenneth's voices, I had to use the DS and PSX ones. I'm going to try it though.

My only complaint are the stages. From the looks of it, none of them are original, and the main problem with that is that those stages are not made for chibi-sized characters.

All the stages from the 5th trailer are from scratch, and were made according the character's size. At least that is the intention  ;D

maybe mario? he just should be in the game due to his stardom in all sorts of games and the game industry. it would also be nice to see a superheo like from capcom or marvel.
anywayz nice new thread and insane job on what youve achieved so far.
just one qeustion, do you guys enjoy the game when playing it? or can you play it(probably so, but i just wanted to know since you put so much work in it and maybe have no fun with the game youself and just let us enjoy:P)

Nope, no superhero characters, only characters originated in a videogame. And well... i don't really get bored with it because we are adding stuff all the time, but the lack of a good AI can get really annoying sometimes.

#18  February 04, 2009, 09:33:00 pm
  • -Giriko-
what happend to Orkimides?
#19  February 04, 2009, 10:03:00 pm
  • Head on!
    • kevinamlewis.wordpress.com
Ah, my bad, I didn't see the latest trailer. :)
The Red Threat has arrived in Gilta Nnea. Nine heroes are prophecied to defeat him, but no one knows who they are. When a journey to the Hollowlands unites players in an all-out war, the stage is set for the heroes' rise. This is their battle. METAL SHADOW
#20  February 04, 2009, 11:19:05 pm
  • DAT SAX
Can't you guys read? Stop making requests for x character to be in the game.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)